CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
4Runner
kingofnerf
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
Spurticus
ReadR00ster
CBS: SOS to Florida? (3343)
Juco QBs? (1248)
SDS grades the Furma (945)
we can STILL win the (941)
Auburn/USC point spr (858)
How do you want Aubu (754)
Whenever I Get Depre (676)
If the Head Ball Coa (593)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (354)
When did it change ? (265)
Auburn/USC point spread
Cann tipping plays?
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Shamiek Sheppard (2014 Pr
If the Head Ball Coach re
Juco QBs?
Williams and Mitch
How do you want Auburn to
we can STILL win the east
Just started playing &quo

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 02:02 AM   #101
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Ty'Son Williams

Williams wanted to announce at the US Army All American game as he did, some of these high profile recruits will wait till all star games to announce on national TV, get that 15 seconds...can't blame them!
Old 07-01-2014, 02:14 AM   #102
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Interesting that Princeton is just down the road from Havelock.....how nice would it be after missing on Scott last year to pick up Frasier this year. Isn't this Deke's territory. He's got some good contacts in this area. He recruited there while at UNC. USCBB1....have we told him if he commits to us, we're done or are we still taking two no matter who it is.
l

Not sure but I would think if they could get him and he wanted to be the only RB I would think we would do that. He is an elite RB in this class imo. Deke has a chance here.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:00 AM   #103
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
l

Not sure but I would think if they could get him and he wanted to be the only RB I would think we would do that. He is an elite RB in this class imo. Deke has a chance here.
If Joe Robinson is actually his recruiter then I'd say we have about a 0.01% chance of landing him over the likes of FSU, Georgia, Bama, Florida, LSU, Mich, ND, OSU, Penn St, Miami, etc. Sounds like more of a pipe dream. Elcid has been saying we're going to land an under-the-radar guy (2 or 3 star) in the next couple weeks so you can take that for what it's worth.

Again if I had to choose 2 backs to take from whom we have realistic shots at I'd take Scarlett and Shaw. Williams would be nice too.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:51 AM   #104
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Don't be surprised if SC goes hard - real hard after Johnny Frasier. He is warming up to SC right now. He likes the fact we did not sign another RB last year. He would be a HR get.
TBS said yesterday that we could make a big move for Fraiser if we got him on campus, so maybe you're on to something.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #105
mick66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Don't be surprised if SC goes hard - real hard after Johnny Frasier. He is warming up to SC right now. He likes the fact we did not sign another RB last year. He would be a HR get.
That would be great if true. IMO, the best RBs on the board are, in order:
1. Scarlett
1. Frasier (tie with Scarlett, haha)
3. Turner
4. T. Williams
5. B. Shaw

Supposedly right now it's the first 2 to commit.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #106
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
If Joe Robinson is actually his recruiter then I'd say we have about a 0.01% chance of landing him over the likes of FSU, Georgia, Bama, Florida, LSU, Mich, ND, OSU, Penn St, Miami, etc. Sounds like more of a pipe dream. Elcid has been saying we're going to land an under-the-radar guy (2 or 3 star) in the next couple weeks so you can take that for what it's worth.

Again if I had to choose 2 backs to take from whom we have realistic shots at I'd take Scarlett and Shaw. Williams would be nice too.
I think Deke is Frasier's lead recruiter.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:32 AM   #107
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
I think Deke is Frasier's lead recruiter.
Guy has been doing alright as a recruiter, hope he steps it up a notch for this kid. He is a really special talent.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #108
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

His recruiter is Sands
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 07-03-2014, 03:45 PM   #109
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Sands was his recruiter but Deke has now formed a tag team.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-03-2014, 11:15 PM   #110
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlgamecockman View Post
Guy has been doing alright as a recruiter, hope he steps it up a notch for this kid. He is a really special talent.
Deke has been a lot better than "alright"....from what I've heard, the kids really like him and what he has to say.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:47 PM   #111
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick66 View Post
That would be great if true. IMO, the best RBs on the board are, in order:
1. Scarlett
1. Frasier (tie with Scarlett, haha)
3. Turner
4. T. Williams
5. B. Shaw

Supposedly right now it's the first 2 to commit.
I would put Shaw and Williams ahead of Turner

Old 07-04-2014, 01:26 AM   #112
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
I don't think it matters to the coaches since they're the ones that said first 2 in win.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #113
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
Scarlett and Frasier are the top two and the other 3 imo are preference of opinion. Add either Scarlett or Frasier to Turner and you would have to be ecstatic.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #114
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

Watched Johnny Frasiers highlights and like what i see. beautiful side step,keeps the ball to the outside,keeps the tips of the football tucked in his elbow and palm. he catches the ball very nicely as well. The kid does not like to go down.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:54 PM   #115
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Frasier was the off the radar guy, but I guess he is on the radar. Turner should commit today, but if Shaw commits before anyother RB, we will take the NC stud ....it is first to commit right now, but see Turner's film -focus on defense-& you.will see why we would take 3. Especially when both Shaw & Turner could play RB as well as LB(Shaw)/SPUR/Safety (Turner-looks like a head hunter w some jungleboi in him at Safety)
Old 07-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #116
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Deke has been a lot better than "alright"....from what I've heard, the kids really like him and what he has to say.
Like we thought, it would take more than a year to judge Deke.
I'll admit, I was not entirely behind the hire from a coaching standpoint (I still think he is a slight step down in pure coaching) but Adams has made his reputation as a recruiter. And so far with this class, you have to say he is doing well recruiting linemen with Key, Sawyer, Blackshear and Whitlow. If he can bring in Marquavius Lewis and DJ Jones, that is a solid Dline class.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 07-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #117
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Like we thought, it would take more than a year to judge Deke.
I'll admit, I was not entirely behind the hire from a coaching standpoint (I still think he is a slight step down in pure coaching) but Adams has made his reputation as a recruiter. And so far with this class, you have to say he is doing well recruiting linemen with Key, Sawyer, Blackshear and Whitlow. If he can bring in Marquavius Lewis and DJ Jones, that is a solid Dline class.
yes, my comment was about his recruiting ability......I don't think any of us at this point can judge how good of a coach he is.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #118
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
RB Ty’son Williams of Crestwood said Monday night he’s down to a final four of USC, Georgia, Notre Dame and North Carolina. Wisconsin had also been on his list. He does not have a favorite among the remaining four.
Williams has visited USC and plans to visit Georgia once the dead period is over. He has not visited Notre Dame or North Carolina.
“After that (visit to Georgia), I’m going to shut it down and go ahead and make my decision,” Williams said. That was originally scheduled for August 1st but Williams said he wants to wait on some of his teammates before he makes his announcement so there is no definite date at this point.
Williams talked with USC recruiter Deke Adams a couple of days ago. “It’s the same thing, they like my film and he was talking to me trying to get me to come down there,” Williams said.
Williams is one of several running backs the Gamecocks have been recruiting and he’s aware AJ Turner could pick USC on Tuesday. But he said that won’t affect his thinking about USC as long as it doesn’t affect their feelings about him.
“If they still recruit me I still my want to go there if that’s who I like,” Williams said. “It doesn’t matter who’s coming. I’m going to go down there and compete.”
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...isit-upcoming/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #119
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

I don't see us having much of a shot at Frasier, but we have a solid shot at Scarlett and Ty'Son. I think we are ok with who we have, but depth will become an issue once Mayhem Davis jets for the NFL. Hopefully we land one of these 2 guys.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #120
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
Frasier was the off the radar guy, but I guess he is on the radar. Turner should commit today, but if Shaw commits before anyother RB, we will take the NC stud ....it is first to commit right now, but see Turner's film -focus on defense-& you.will see why we would take 3. Especially when both Shaw & Turner could play RB as well as LB(Shaw)/SPUR/Safety (Turner-looks like a head hunter w some jungleboi in him at Safety)
So you think there's a possibility that we take three and ultimately move one to defense? Who would that be? Scarlett is committed to Miami, D. Williams will probably end up at UF, T. Williams is an unknown, and Frasier is a stretch even if he visits. That leaves Turner and Shaw.
Closed Thread