CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27771)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2177)
Simple "yes&quo (1530)
We actually didnt lo (1251)
Phil Steele just pre (1221)
what I think ab ward (1004)
Eat Crow (956)
Extremely Proud (891)
Garcia: Change the R (773)
TeMarcus Blanton (720)
Stop bashing Dylan
We would be 7-1 with just
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Extremely Proud
I want people to explain
Nick Marshall
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
what I think ab ward
Defense question
We actually didnt lose

Old 07-01-2014, 04:56 AM   #141
TerryP
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
TerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: SEC Network getting nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
No, how about you post a link? SECN is supposed to get to second pick after CBS every week. You'd think they'd get a good game just about every week.
Where did you see that?

Unless something has changed, it's not going to be the SECN getting the second pick, then ESPN, ESPN2, etc.

The last comments I read came from the President of Programming at ESPN. He said there would be a group that decides which games go on which channels. I believe it was eight people; four from the SEC and four from ESPN. There wasn't an indication that the SECN would get the second pick, but they would take each weekend and place games on different outlets to maximize reach and as a leverage tool to make carriers continue offering the channel.

The only "second" that I understand is there will be a second choice for the afternoon game. That doesn't mean it'll be the second best game of the week.

(OH, there will be a "second" channel on weeks where there is an overflow on a particular time slot. IE: SECN Alt.)
TerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:08 AM   #142
TerryP
4-Star

Male

TerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Yikes, sure you didn't want to schedule someone a little easier for the first game? Not being sarcastic either.
I'm no Vol fan. BELIEVE. YOU. ME!

However, in this case, I have to take up for "dem urnge bastids."

The SEC scheduled your opener against A&M. That's not something your administration did. If we're comparing schedules, while they play their Utah State card you'd have to counter with your East Carolina card.

The SEC scheduled UT's SEC opener as UGA. It just so happens they don't start SEC play until week five which also happens to be the week you'll be facing your fourth SEC game of the season.

While UT closes their 2014 season with a streak of SEC games (last six are conference games,) the Gamecocks close with two of the last six games against Furman and South Alabama.

A better question would be why the SEC offices schedule such a front loaded conference schedule for UofSC?
TerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:25 AM   #143
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

http://collegefootball.blog.ajc.com/...-with-comcast/

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2014/6...st-sec-network
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #144
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
No, how about you post a link? SECN is supposed to get to second pick after CBS every week. You'd think they'd get a good game just about every week.
I don't think this is true. I heard that it will be the same rotation as before - CBS, ESPN Networks, then SEC Network. Essentially the SEC Network was created to carry the 12:20 SEC Games of the Week, and what would have been pay per view games. The only reason SECN got our TAMU opener was because it was the launch of the network.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #145
CockyMBA
Recruit

Male

CockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I don't think this is true. I heard that it will be the same rotation as before - CBS, ESPN Networks, then SEC Network. Essentially the SEC Network was created to carry the 12:20 SEC Games of the Week, and what would have been pay per view games. The only reason SECN got our TAMU opener was because it was the launch of the network.
Because the SEC Network is "essentially" another ESPN channel, ANY GAME -- after CBS selects their game -- can be on the SEC Network. So if they wanted to, the 2nd best game can be on the SECN every week. It probably won't because ESPN still has to provide quality content for it's main channels, but it's an awesome way to launch because you ensure eyeballs will want to see what you're showing.

Quote:
SEC games will continue to be on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU since ESPN is the conference's primary rights holder. In addition, ESPN eyes airing approximately 45 football games annually on the SEC Network when it starts in 2014.

"We have between six and 13 more games to pick from each week," ESPN President John Skipper said. "We could do the second-best game, third-best game or fourth-best game of the week on the SEC Network."

SOURCE: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...work_mean.html
CockyMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #146
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

The big games will still be on espn since almost every home in America gets it. Like someone said, it was made to get rid of pay per view and that 12:21 slot.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #147
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
The big games will still be on espn since almost every home in America gets it. Like someone said, it was made to get rid of pay per view and that 12:21 slot.
Those aren't the only games it will have. They will probably try to have one really intriguing/conference matchup per week in addition to those. Check out the current four weeks which is all we know so far:

Quote:
Date
Thu, Aug. 28
6 p.m.
Texas A&M at South Carolina

9:15 p.m.
Temple at Vanderbilt

Sat, Aug. 30
Noon
Tennessee-Martin at Kentucky
4 p.m.
Arkansas at Auburn

7:30 p.m.
Southern Mississippi at Mississippi State

Sun, Aug. 31
7 p.m.
Utah State at Tennessee

Sat, Sept. 6
Noon
Florida Atlantic at Alabama
Noon
Arkansas State at Tennessee
4 p.m.
Eastern Michigan at FLORIDA
4 p.m.
Nicholls State at Arkansas
Sam Houston State at LSU
Lamar at Texas A&M

Sat, Sept. 13
Noon
UCF at Missouri
4 p.m.
Louisiana-Lafayette at Ole Miss
Kentucky at FLORIDA

Sat, Sept. 20
Noon
Troy at Georgia
4 p.m.
TBD
TBD
Saturday, September 6th is definitely a day where there is nothing interesting going on, but they make up for it in volume I guess. You are assured to have several states watch, if not people from outside of those fan bases. All the other weeks have an in-conference matchup. Ours is the most intriguing of the ones announced so far, but the 20th still has to announce which game will be televised. Yes, it covers the PPV games in the early slots, but it also is designed to get some conference matchups too. It won't be the MOST exciting but I think you will get some good games in there throughout the season.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #148
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: Get the SEC Network for your TV provider!!!

Does anyone know what AT&T U verse packages will carry the SEC Network? I want to make sure I get it out here in California.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:19 PM   #149
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
With all the big wigs, AT&T, Dish and now Comcast in the mix, DirecTV has no option right now but to get the channel. Or they will lose a lot of customers. This is southern football here, are they insane?
Same goes for Time Warner, which is what I have (for now...)
Old 07-07-2014, 03:47 PM   #150
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Time Warner has until July 28th. Then I'm switching to DISH
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #151
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by vthokies View Post
Im pretty worried about this I have comcast, we don't have TWC in Virginia. I dont know who else we could switch to
Is cox in your area? don't know much about them. i know they espn and espn 2.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #152
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
With all the big wigs, AT&T, Dish and now Comcast in the mix, DirecTV has no option right now but to get the channel. Or they will lose a lot of customers. This is southern football here, are they insane?
Yeah, if I missed the Gamecocks vs. aTm, I will immediately cancel DirecTV and pay the fees.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #153
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

ReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot material

I'm just about sick of waiting on time warner. Their service is crappy but I hate switching. I will give them until August 6th. Then I'm switching to dish. I've put them on notice several times and they better come through or face the consequences......a mass exodus away from them!

Are you ready for the revolution?
ReCOCKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #154
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCOCKulous View Post
I'm just about sick of waiting on time warner. Their service is crappy but I hate switching. I will give them until August 6th. Then I'm switching to dish. I've put them on notice several times and they better come through or face the consequences......a mass exodus away from them!
You could sub in DirecTV for Time Warner in your post and you'd have my thoughts exactly.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #155
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

ReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot material

I just called dish to see what packages they have and it sounds good. The person on the line knew I wouldn't be switching until my deadline and said he's handled hundreds of calls asking the same thing. He said that time warner is not in line to get the sec network so.....

Old 07-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #156
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
You could sub in DirecTV for Time Warner in your post and you'd have my thoughts exactly.
Dish's package is nice. The top 200 comes with the sec network and that hopper thing which can be controlled by my iPad. Streaming viewership is nice for when I'm away from home (TW has that but not all the channels. Dish does them all). I get the movie channels for three months (which I'll cancel) and the service for the first year is 69.95 including free installation and the equipment. After the first year it goes up $30. Still cheaper than my time warner. I might switch before just because the deal is better.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #157
Homebrewcock
Recruit

Male

Homebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spurs

Still waiting for Direct TV. If not, will switch to DISH. I like DTV, especially because my wife likes the Sunday NFL ticket. Hope DTV comes through soon!
Homebrewcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #158
Helicopter Cock
To impress a chick

Male

Helicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervous

I've had Dish for about 7 years now and I love it. Just not into paying high prices for TV, so they were a great alternative to that. Offer a lot of the same things everybody else does, plus they have the Hopper.
Helicopter Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #159
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

I just saw on twitter COX just signed up.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #160
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Time Warner might have one less customer if they don't get on this soon