CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
Sandstorm29
ConwayGamecock
Cocks N Stuff
Cockypantherfan
Lonnie
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
CoverTwo
Emery
Wilds & Carson B (1598)
Marquavius Lewis (1481)
So, why is next year (923)
How Long Will The Re (920)
Restaurant musts in (704)
S & F article on (419)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (334)
Brad Lawing USC / Fl (304)
Spurrier Says " (226)
Why do so many of yo (213)
75 Best Bakeries in Ameri
So, why is next year goin
Why do so many of you guy
2014 Gamecock Football Po
The Vent and Coaching cha
Custom Jersey
2015 - Mark Fields
Restaurant musts in NYC
2016 - Jordan Giberti
Shot in the arm for the D

Old 07-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default That rattling noise just means he wants to be friends. Spurticus thread.

Fella on another board posted this video along with pics this morning, said his neighbour called him over about a snake in the back yard, this is what he found.

http://youtu.be/nGf3ZeR6T2E

He's a better man than me, I wouldn't have got close enough to him to get the stick on him until I calmed him down with some #8 shot out of a 12 ga!

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #2
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material
Default Re: That rattling noise just means he wants to be friends. Spurticus thread.

Just wish we had a smilie for "shuddering violently".
Old 07-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Re: That rattling noise just means he wants to be friends. Spurticus thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwylie View Post

Just wish we had a smilie for "shuddering violently".
He wanted to capture it live so he can have it mounted

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #4
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Eastern Diamondbacks are HUGE snakes !
I've seen some (captured) that go close to 7 feet long.

You can tell that guy has done that "a few times" but he is doing a lot of
stuff wrong. The way he was holding the snake near the base of the neck
with his fist is a good way to get nailed. If he hasn't been bitten already,
he will eventually get bitten by one of these. Their skull is made into
four separate quadrants, and they can unhinge either quarter to work
almost independently of the other three. Experts have been bitten by
venomous snakes for not making sure that the fingers immobilize the
four separate quadrants of the skull. The thing about putting that kind
of video on the net is that it shows would be "Steve Irwins" how not to
handle a venomous snake even though he looks like a professional doing
it.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:35 PM   #5
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Instead of Snake in a Bag my video would be called either Run Like Hell or Crap in My Drawers.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #6
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

This is why you don't move to freakin Florida man
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
jccgogamecocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 825
jccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his claws

Think twice becore shooting a eastern. They are officially protected and illegal to shoot. I got hit in the snake boot mid shin about 20 years ago by a 6 ft canebreak. Them dudes hit hard.
jccgogamecocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:10 PM   #8
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
This is why you don't move to freakin Florida man
These are also found along the Coast of SC, but the numbers are
dwindling here in the state. They are found in larger numbers in the
Eastern Half of Georgia and pretty much all of Florida.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #9
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccgogamecocks View Post
Think twice becore shooting a eastern. They are officially protected and illegal to shoot. I got hit in the snake boot mid shin about 20 years ago by a 6 ft canebreak. Them dudes hit hard.

They're not recognized "YET" as a protected species by the State, and
there is no "State" law that prohibits them from being killed, HOWEVER,
some local / city laws do protect them. I know that if you get caught
taking one out of the state park in Marion SC, or if you kill one while there
, you could get some REALLY stiff fines and/or Serve Jail time for it.

The State has been petitioned several times in the past few years to
add EDBs to the State's endangered / protected species list, but they
are still (as of now) listed as not endangered or protected.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #10
jccgogamecocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 825
jccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
They're not recognized "YET" as a protected species by the State, and
there is no "State" law that prohibits them from being killed, HOWEVER,
some local / city laws do protect them. I know that if you get caught
taking one out of the state park in Marion SC, or if you kill one while there
, you could get some REALLY stiff fines and/or Serve Jail time for it.

The State has been petitioned several times in the past few years to
add EDBs to the State's endangered / protected species list, but they
are still (as of now) listed as not endangered or protected.
I don't in any way doubt what you are saying because you seem extremely educated on this subject as well as others. I did however read in the wildlife rules and regulation last summer saying if you kill one in game zone 6( I'm in Bamberg) and are caught you will be fined. I have not seen a eastern rattler in many years. I do see a lot of canebrakes, copperheads, water moccasins, and quite a few other non poisonous snakes on an almost daily basis. We see at least 10 to 15 snakes a day on the Edisto where we have a gettaway. I like the one I see, and not so much the one I don't see.
jccgogamecocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #11
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccgogamecocks View Post
I don't in any way doubt what you are saying because you seem extremely educated on this subject as well as others. I did however read in the wildlife rules and regulation last summer saying if you kill one in game zone 6( I'm in Bamberg) and are caught you will be fined. I have not seen a eastern rattler in many years. I do see a lot of canebrakes, copperheads, water moccasins, and quite a few other non poisonous snakes on an almost daily basis. We see at least 10 to 15 snakes a day on the Edisto where we have a gettaway. I like the one I see, and not so much the one I don't see.
I know a couple of months ago (May) that the State had been petitioned
again by the SCDNR on behalf of a lot ecological research centers, and
the Savanna River Facility to list EDBs as a protected Species. They said
that the rodent population in the low country had risen drastically the past several
years, and they are extremely concerned that it is a result of the decline
in the EDB population in the low country. There are some capture and
tagging studies being done extensively now, and the State is monitoring
the situation, but as of May, the State had not stepped in with a State
Endangered order or listed EDBs as a protected species. Marion County
is the one that I know about that has basically taken steps to stop them
being killed or transported out of the county and passed laws to protect
them from being killed or taken there. .... Beaufort may well have done
the same thing to protect them within the boarders of their city / county
until the State steps in a declares them an endangered species in SC
Old 07-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #12
FurmanCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 540
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

I understand protection, if the numbers warrant, on government land (state parks and stuff), but how would that work on private property? I mean if you have a venomous snake (potentially deadly to small children) in your yard, what would your options be?
FurmanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #13
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Snake related so I will post it here.
http://www.thestate.com/2014/07/01/3...9/132/154/157/
Someone stole 36 snakes from a Gastonia NC store. They knew what they were doing. Snakes valued at 30 grand including one that was valued at 12 grand. Ball and albino pythons. Likely will be sold on Craigslist
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #14
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
I understand protection, if the numbers warrant, on government land (state parks and stuff), but how would that work on private property? I mean if you have a venomous snake (potentially deadly to small children) in your yard, what would your options be?
I think it just goes for Local (City / County) own or maintained property
such as local parks, or State Parks within the City. Any lots or undeveloped
land within the City or (I would imagine) would fall under that law.
Private Property is under your control.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #15
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Snake related so I will post it here.
http://www.thestate.com/2014/07/01/3...9/132/154/157/
Someone stole 36 snakes from a Gastonia NC store. They knew what they were doing. Snakes valued at 30 grand including one that was valued at 12 grand. Ball and albino pythons. Likely will be sold on Craigslist
NC, GA, and FLA are states with EXTEMELY Strict laws regarding buying,
selling and transporting exotics across their boarders. The laws are
somewhat "Stupid" as well. Stuff like listing very common exotics as
Protected and then holding people's feet to the fire if anyone is caught
owning, buying, selling or moving them in and out of the state without the
proper permits. I would imagine the store had to go through a lot of
State Red Tape to bring those snakes into NC to sell, and if the person
who stole them, are caught, The State will tack on HUGE charges for
transporting them out of the State.