CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
CockyLifer
b381l
ZenUSC
Regalcock
Cockhornleghorn
peterlemon
ktguen
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2536)
Morris to SMU (1959)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1290)
Carolina on a Walmar (729)
Game simulation (573)
Penniless: Creed's S (349)
Strategy First Steam (269)
Clemson fans (200)
Origin Sale Too (162)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
2017 - Savales Cann
Have we been favored in e
Morris to SMU
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Kerbal Space Program Game
Clemson fans
Carolina on a Walmart com
BIG PROBLEM! JUST REALIZE
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Constant Updates on Watso

Old 06-15-2014, 12:02 AM   #101
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Storm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Zack Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
It was NOT an OL/DL camp.

It was a skill players camp. 7 on 7. No linemen participated, though some like Key and Bailey watched
Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
here's the caption on a artricle on GCC today:

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/con....azzRPI79.dpbs

It was both a 7 on 7 and OL/DL camp.
Derp de derp. LOL!
Old 06-15-2014, 09:20 AM   #102
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

Quote:
It was NOT an OL/DL camp.

It was a skill players camp. 7 on 7. No linemen participated, though some like Key and Bailey watched
I know for a fact there was both a 7 on 7 camp and an OL/DL camp ALL day today, b/c I have the sun burn and the sore muscles to prove it, because I worked all freaking day for the OL camp. I have the $150.00 check from the Univ. of South Carolina that says I did it as well.

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #103
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
I know for a fact there was both a 7 on 7 camp and an OL/DL camp ALL day today, b/c I have the sun burn and the sore muscles to prove it, because I worked all freaking day for the OL camp. I have the $150.00 check from the Univ. of South Carolina that says I did it as well.
You have any information on who performed well and who didnt look as good?
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:48 PM   #104
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
agree ...see my post #100 above.

I heard there were so many kids, it was hard to focus on the D-1 potential players. who were the few that stood out to you.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:00 PM   #105
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

"I hope we get him"....
Old 06-15-2014, 02:52 PM   #106
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Well, I'm one dumb SOB- and I promise it won't be the last time!
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #107
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 665832
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well, I'm one dumb SOB- and I promise it won't be the last time!
I would not say that you are dumb, "ignorant of key information" is more like it. Dumb would imply you had knowledge that the individual was at camp and did not have the mental acuity to "connect the dots". However, I do not think that you were in possession of the aforementioned knowledge; therefore, you were ignorant of key information. Just an observation.

As far as Zack is concerned, I feel he will be a Gamecock. He has attended the OL/DL camps here the last 3 years and is planning on attending in July. I don't have any inside knowledge so to speak, this is just my opinion.
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #108
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

Yesterday's camp was open to the public for both skills and linemen. So if you've got the money, you get to camp, so it's not at all about ability, it's more about who wants to be a "gamecock for a day". But there were some kids there who could play.
I am an OL coach, so I spent the day on that side of things. As far as standouts, there were a couple of guys who I think impressed the coaches.
The 5 that stood out to me were, in no particular order: RB Stall's John Simpson, Berkeley's left tackle (first name is Alex), a big rising junior from California (it was said that he flew over here and attended the Duke camp and then our camp). And there were two guys from Hillcrest that were very good technique wise, but aren't D-1 guys b/c of size.
The kid from Stall is the most polished, the young man from California is a little on the short side and would probably project as a center, but he is a wide bodied guy who moves pretty well.
The kid from Berkeley is RAW, he is going to be a senior and only has one year of football under his belt. Because of that, he may miss out on some big time offers, but if someone takes a chance on him, he may grow into an NFL prospect in 3-4 years. He's close to 6'9 and probably 280 now. He looks like he could hold 50 more lbs of muscle.
The two kids from Hillcrest had heart and technique but are just undersized. One of them is decent sized, but I don't know if he can hold enough weight to play D-1.
It was fun hanging around with Coach Elliot and AJ Cann and JT Surrat who volunteered there time to work the camp. Former Gamecock NaShon Goddard also worked the camp and it was nice to meet him and talk some football with those guys.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #109
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

There was another young man from, Parkview HS. I'm not sure where that is, but he had a whole family there. He stuck out to me, because he was big and physical. He had orange shorts on and an orange helmet. The family there, had a big tent and all the ladies were wearing orange shirts. I asked them politely why in the world they would want to wear orange to an event here. And they responded this is the good orange, not that bad orange from tigger town.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #110
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 32021
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
There was another young man from, Parkview HS. I'm not sure where that is, but he had a whole family there. He stuck out to me, because he was big and physical. He had orange shorts on and an orange helmet. The family there, had a big tent and all the ladies were wearing orange shirts. I asked them politely why in the world they would want to wear orange to an event here. And they responded this is the good orange, not that bad orange from tigger town.
Haha awesome response
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #111
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 665832
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
High school colors hopefully, we can fix that!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #112
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Appreciate the information. Parkview High School is in Lilburn GA (essentially a suburb of Atlanta). I believe Jeff Francour played baseball there.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:35 PM   #113
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Summerville OL Zack Bailey wrapped up a busy week by stopping by USC Friday with his grandparents. The visit coincided with the Gamecocks’ first day of summer camp but Bailey was not there to workout buy rather to show his grandparents the campus and academic side of USC. Bailey’s grandparents live in Florida and were also in Columbia for the Special Forces convention at the downtown Marriott.
“They gave us a tour of pretty much everything,” Bailey said. My grandparents are big into academics. It was important for them to see the campus. They saw the academic center and talked to the academic people, saw the stadium, and talked to coach Elliott and got to meet coach Sands. They had fun.”
Bailey is not going back to USC Saturday. He will attend a banquet with his grandparents and then return home. He is not finished with visits by any means. He will go to Georgia and North Carolina for sure in July. He is also considering visits to Auburn and Florida. And he’s still thinking about flying out to Southern Cal for a visit.
Those schools he has or will visit are the ones Bailey is focusing on and he admits Clemson and USC, as a tandem, are ahead of the out of state programs.
“A lot of that is because I’ve only been to Clemson and USC,” he said. “That’s why this year I’m going to see campuses. I haven’t seen Georgia’s campus. I haven’t seen Florida’s. I haven’t seen North Carolina’s. So getting out there and seeing their campuses will help out a lot.”
But it does appear those out of state programs trail the Tigers and Gamecocks in this competition.
“It’s definitely a battle between those two,” Bailey said adding that he goes back and forth with his leanings as he visits each school. “I like the campuses real well. I like Columbia and I like Clemson. They both have good coaches and are doing great. They are both in great conferences and things like that.”
One of the key factors in Bailey’s decision will be his comfort level with the offensive line coach. He has seen Clemson’s Robbie Caldwell and USC’s Shawn Elliott at work and like most everything else in the comparison of the two programs, the two are very similar in his eyes.
“I saw coach Caldwell the first time Monday and Tuesday how he coaches and I enjoyed it,” Bailey said. “He definitely gets after it. He’s a simpler guy. As long as you do stuff right he leaves you alone but he still teaches you. If you do stuff wrong, he’s going to jump your butt. Then you’ve got coach Elliott who reminds me of coach (former Summerville OL coach Buddy) coach King. He’s straightforward and he’s going to jump your butt every single moment he can get but at the same time it’s for the good. He’s not doing it to hurt you. He’s doing it because it’s his job and it’s going to make you a better football player. So they are both great coaches.”
Bailey has been to games at both places and enjoyed himself equally at both. So he’s made the trip west up I-26 several times and knows the route well.
“Clemson is in a great place and you’re in a farmland pretty much but you’re three hours away from home,” he said. “While here (Columbia), it’s in the capital but it’s an hour-and-a-half away from home. There’s pros and cons to each of them.”
Bailey is still hoping to have a decision before the start of his season but if he’s not 100% sure he will wait.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ng-at-clemson/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #114
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Visiting UGA and UNC soon. However, we received a CB prediction yesterday from Barton Simmons. 10/10 for us.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #115
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Highly-touted OL Zack Bailey of Summerville is getting ready to take some visits out of state and plans to see Georgia and North Carolina this summer. Bailey has been to USC and Clemson recently and would like to take a look at some other schools. He has visited Florida State and would like to visit Florida as well.
“Before I have any favorites, I wanted to visit some other schools outside of South Carolina,” Bailey said. “I think I should see some more schools before I start narrowing my list.”
The Gamecocks and Tigers remain schools of strong interest for Bailey and he said that interest is reciprocated. “I hear a lot from Clemson, obviously, and I’m hearing from Carolina a lot too,” he said. “Georgia and North Carolina are showing a lot of interest too. I had heard some from Southern Cal, but not so much lately.”
Bailey is in no hurry to begin narrowing his list and said it is important to take the process slowly. As for his official visits, Bailey has not finalized his plans. “It’s possible that I’ll take all five but I’m not making any promises,” he said. “Anything could happen.”
His offers include Clemson, USC, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Miami, Syracuse and Southern Cal. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...state-options/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:07 AM   #116
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

He's all gamecock I think
Old 07-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #117
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Tweeted today a top 3 of USC, UGA, and Clemson, in no order....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:44 AM   #118
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200537809048022286
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Tweeted today a top 3 of USC, UGA, and Clemson, in no order....

Quote:
That the Summverville (S.C.) offensive guard would name South Carolina, Georgia, and Clemson as his top three did not come as much of a surprise. And while Bailey insists that the list he provided is in no particular order, there is much thought that the Gamecocks stand out in front by a decent margin. The 6'5, 315-pound rising senior has visited Columbia in an unofficial capacity on four separate occasions since February 28.
Source: http://www.garnetandblackattack.com/...bailey-names-a
Old 07-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #119
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

He has that Michael Myers look to him, like he is staring through you. Bad ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #120
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

UGA only has 1 spot left on the OL and are pursuing Cole Minshew and Patrick Allen to fill it. I haven't heard anything on UGA's end regarding Bailey, so I'm pretty sure we're just listed to try and keep things interesting.
DawginCola is offline   Reply With Quote