CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
gamecock88
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
Kentucky prediction (2105)
Just Booked my Hotel (1409)
Best position coach (824)
Waldrop doubtful for (810)
The New Idea That'll (713)
So What? (699)
We Have A New KO Guy (573)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (444)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (276)
So What? (272)
Best position coach or co
I'm over the loss, but...
QB Recruiting Strategy
We Have A New KO Guy
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Thoughts on the basketbal
2016 - Rozelle Nix
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
What fish do you eat
Waldrop doubtful for Kent

Old 08-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Nyheim Hines

Athlete from Garner, North Carolina

USC offer, per TBS.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Nyheim Hines

Article via 247

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
scman
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
scman is learning to peck

Quote:
RB Nyheim Hines (5-9 181) of Garner, NC has long held an offer from Clemson and Tuesday he picked up one from USC. Hines also has offers from NC State, North Carolina, Duke, East Carolina, Wake Forest, Tennessee, Connecticut and Akron. He has been to games at Clemson, North Carolina and NC State. He's going to Duke this weekend and plans to be at USC for the Florida game. Hines does not have a favorite from a recruiting standpoint, but from a personal standpoint he's a long time Clemson fan. "I love Clemson and have been a Clemson fan since the second or third grade," Hines said. "I'm really happy I have the offer. I love Clemson but I'm going to pick wherever I will be most successful, and if it's Clemson, I'll go there." Hines said his feelings for Clemson date back to the days of CJ Spiller and Jacoby Ford and how the Tigers used the speedy pair. And they both ran track as does Hines whose track coach is former USC track athlete Chris Love. "I believe it's a great school," he said of USC. "I always hear great things about South Carolina and I just like the university." Hines doesn't have a favorite and said he values all his offers equally. "I'm looking at the offenses and I have to see myself fitting there," Hines said. "Nobody's ahead. I'm graduating early so my decision will be sometime between next October and December." Thus far this season Hines has rushed for 2450 yards and 38 touchdowns and has 600 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns. He said Clemson and USC like him as a slot receiver.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...817/-1/psports
scman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
11/30/2013: Nyheim Hines unofficially visits South Carolina Gamecocks
per 247 Timeline

Quote:
RB Nyheim Hines of Garner, NC did not make it to USC as he had planned for the Florida game but said he will make it in for the Clemson game this Saturday. Hines went to Tennessee this past weekend and was at Duke before that. Virginia Tech was the most recent school to offer and that happened last week. He also has offers from USC, Clemson, NC State, North Carolina, East Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest, Tennessee and Connecticut. Hines said he’s in touch with Clemson recruiter Robbie Caldwell and USC assistant Spurrier Jr. and Joe Robinson. Hines said he has not formulated a favorite’s list and all the schools which have offered are under consideration. He plans to graduate early and wants to make his commitment around next October. As for Clemson and USC, Hines said his interest level is high. “I’ve been a Clemson fan since I was in the second or third grade. I love Clemson. South Carolina, I’ve been a fan of them too, but you know you can’t really be both, so I’m just really neutral.” As for who he’s going to root for Saturday….”I don’t know. I’m pulling for a good game. If they score 40 points and win by 3, I like that. A high scoring, close game, that’s what I’m pulling for. I just want to see a good game from both sides of the offense.” USC and Clemson like Hines as a slot receiver. Hines has rushed for around 2700 yards and has scored 51 touchdowns this season.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-usc-saturday/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 12-04-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:05 AM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
RB Nyheim Hines of Garner, NC had perhaps the best offensive season of any non-quarterback in the Carolinas in 2013. Hines rushed for 3147 yards and 50 touchdowns. He averaged 10.5 yards per carry. He also had 600 yards receiving with 8 touchdowns, he passed for two touchdowns and he had a pair of touchdowns on kickoff returns. All of that will make him one of the hottest prospects around for 2014 and right now Clemson and USC figure to be in the hunt. Hines said he’s in regular contact with the recruiters from both schools. “I talked to coach (Clemson’s Jeff) Scott before their bowl game,” he said. “They want me to play that position Sammy (Watkins) played. And I’ve been talking to coach (USC Steve) Spurrier Jr. and I will visit USC. I’ve not been there. I talk to coach Spurrier Jr. about every week. He likes me as a slot receiver.” Hines also plans to visit Clemson, Ohio State, Duke, Tennessee and Florida State. He’s also in regular contact with Duke, Florida State, Nebraska, Wake Forest. Tennessee and Virginia Tech are his most recent offers. Hines said he doesn’t have any clear favorites right now. “I’m checking out everything everybody has to offer.” Hines will graduate early so he expects to make his decision between September and November.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ore-he-visits/

Old 01-31-2014, 11:58 AM   #6
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

he's ace -like
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:04 PM   #7
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

This dude has put up some ridiculous numbers and has excellent speed. I wouldn't mind another slot guy like Ace who can almost make a guy miss at will.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:12 PM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Four-star Nyheim Hines (Garner, N.C.) will likely move up in the 247Sports rankings and be re-ranked as an all-purpose back moving forward after we saw him Saturday. He has a running back build, but is skilled in the passing game and can literally score from anywhere on the field (62 touchdowns last season). Hines says that scheme fit will be important with his college choice. Clemson, Ohio State, Duke, South Carolina and a host of others are in the mix for Hines, who also stands out on the track, having been timed as fast as 10.29 seconds in the 100-meter dash.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/North-C...ke-Camp-185626

Old 04-04-2014, 01:03 AM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Kornblut updates since NSD:

Quote:
Clemson and USC are keeping in regular contact with ATH Nyheim Hines of Garner, NC. And both are pitching the idea to him that he can fill the shoes for them of a former dynamic receiver.
“Clemson tells me they have a place for me to play early,” Hine said. “(Sammy) Watkins’ position. I talked to coach (Steve) Spurrier last month about slot receiver. He compares me to Ace (Sanders).”
Hines plans to get to Clemson, USC, Ohio State, Wake Forest and Duke in coming weeks. He visited North Carolina and Duke for basketball games. Except for Ohio State, all of those schools have offered as have Florida, Georgia, Virginia Tech, Connecticut, Tennessee, Wake Forest and East Carolina.
“All the schools are showing the same interest,” he said. “I’m still looking at everybody. But I’ve always liked Clemson and USC has always been great.”
Hines is graduating early so he’s looking to make a decision in September or October.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-spot-for-him/

Old 04-23-2014, 08:20 AM   #10
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

#southcarolina is expected to be the school of three star ATH Nyheim Hines tomorrow. Chris Clark (@GCChrisClark)

So is he committing or are we visiting?
Old 04-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #11
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
#southcarolina is expected to be the school of three star ATH Nyheim Hines tomorrow. Chris Clark (@GCChrisClark)

We're visiting. I saw that as well and was thinking it was a commitment. There was a lot of confusion on Twitter about it.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #12
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
#southcarolina is expected to be at the school of three star ATH Nyheim Hines tomorrow. Chris Clark (@GCChrisClark)

fixed...
Old 04-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #13
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
fixed...
want to go fix the tweet
Old 04-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #14
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Looks like UNC leads for Hines and Love. I hope we can snag one.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #15
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Right now Fedora is telling both those guys that he's going to make them the next Gio. I'm starting to think that winning games and actually beating the "other team" on the field have less and less to do with recruiting.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:14 AM   #16
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via 247

Old 06-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #17
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Let's get him
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:34 PM   #18
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

4gamecockfb-

Stop spamming threads. For every recruit on the board, let's just assume that we all know you want to get him and that he's a good player, OK?
CHSgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:29 AM   #19
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Speedy WR Nyheim Hines of Garner, NC is sitting on 23 offers this summer and will cut down his list in late July. USC and Clemson are among those offers and remain in touch.
“I’ve been emailing with (Clemson’s) coach Caldwell,” Hines said. “And I talked to (USC’s) coach Robinson and coach Spurrier. I’m still strongly interested and both want me to visit.”
Hines said he will visit both school in the next six weeks. He has been to Ohio State and West Virginia. Right now he feels the strongest interest is coming from Clemson, USC, Ohio State, NC State, Duke, North Carolina and Vanderbilt. He has no favorites.
Hines said he also had a recent conversation with Ohio State coach Urban Meyer. “If God made an offense for you, this is the offense,” Hines recalled Meyer telling him.
Hines can play receiver and running back. Clemson and USC are recruiting as a receiver and that’s fine by him. “I want to be like a Percy Harvin,” he said.
Hines said he could have a decision before he season or it might not be until September or October.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...c-and-clemson/

Old 07-28-2014, 10:32 PM   #20
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Visiting in August.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote