CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
taylorssc
sporkgod50
NockNock
Gamecocks1137
bcolinc
2000grad
markp_vip
Captain9Dragons
TastyLicks
I Bleed Garnet
Connor Mitch update. (2482)
Should Elliot be on (2146)
**USC vs. North Caro (2057)
IF YOU ARE A TARHEEL (1943)
UNC is NOT Texas A&a (1755)
Subtle Change on Hel (1638)
Top 3 Most Overrated (1383)
It's Gameday! (1212)
UNC Fans (1187)
John Hoke on tacklin (898)
**USC vs. North Carolina
107.5 The Game Live
Zatarain's Dirty Rice mix
Subtle Change on Helmet
Top 3 Most Overrated Team
Greenville for the Clemso
Brady 4 game suspension o
No cable and want to watc
IF YOU ARE A TARHEEL ....
John Hoke on tackling

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #8041
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Darian Roseboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Off the top of my head:

Cam Newton

Coredelle Patterson

I can't think of a 3rd off the top of my head, but google will give the answer.
Is this Darian Roseboro thread? Great info but...
Old 07-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #8042
conwaycock2
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Darian Roseboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Off the top of my head:

Cam Newton

Coredelle Patterson

I can't think of a 3rd off the top of my head, but google will give the answer.
Yeah, see above. I was talking about at USC & immediately edited my post to reflect that since maybe it wasn't clear even though I stated "in the history of the school".

Back to Roseboro, normally I would like USC's chances of beating NC State on a guy they really wanted IF he decides to stay in the region. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of information on this guy given his talent level to draw much conclusion as to how this thing is likely to turn. Insiders overwhelmingly have him going to Michigan so I'll go with that for now. But I've found that anytime a player is leaning toward going to school that far away that as the time gets shorter the reality of the distance starts to set in. Sometimes it's a game changer, sometimes it's not. But it's quite common for doubt to enter into the equation.

I think USC has a puncher's chance.

Last edited by conwaycock2; 07-01-2014 at 12:59 PM..
Old 07-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #8043
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1000002205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Johnny Frasier

It does worry me sometimes about the different levels of play in high school.
Frasier is rated higher than Scarlett by 247 Sports.....but both very high 4* players.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #8044
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Ty'Son Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
If Joe Robinson is actually his recruiter then I'd say we have about a 0.01% chance of landing him over the likes of FSU, Georgia, Bama, Florida, LSU, Mich, ND, OSU, Penn St, Miami, etc. Sounds like more of a pipe dream. Elcid has been saying we're going to land an under-the-radar guy (2 or 3 star) in the next couple weeks so you can take that for what it's worth.

Again if I had to choose 2 backs to take from whom we have realistic shots at I'd take Scarlett and Shaw. Williams would be nice too.
I think Deke is Frasier's lead recruiter.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #8045
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Carlton Davis

Davis might be on commitment watch for his visit on July 26.

Arnette's last visit to OSU is July 25.....it would be nice if he came back to Columbia after that visit. Maybe they could both commit at the same time.
They would make 5.....plus Johnson.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #8046
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Davis might be on commitment watch for his visit on July 26.

Arnette's last visit to OSU is July 25.....it would be nice if he came back to Columbia after that visit. Maybe they could both commit at the same time.
They would make 5.....plus Johnson.
Arnette could commit shortly after his OSU visit as well. We remain in great shape.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #8047
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Keyston Fuller

Committed to Duke.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #8048
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Arnette could commit shortly after his OSU visit as well. We remain in great shape.
Yes.....which is why a referenced the key date of July 26.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:18 AM   #8049
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Juval Mollette

Committed to North Carolina.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #8050
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Micah Abernathy

Quote:
DB Micah Abernathy of Norcross, GA continues to speak with USC assistant coach G.A. Mangus and said he remains interested in the Gamecocks. Abernathy has yet to narrow his list but that could change soon. I think Im getting closer to narrowing my list and concentrating on the schools Im interested in, he said. I would like to get it down to around eight schools.
One of those schools could be USC. Abernathy has plans to attend a game at Williams-Brice this upcoming season though those plans are not concrete. Id like to get up there but it will depend on my schedule and whether or not I can fit it n, Abernathy said. I do want to go if I can.
Whether or not that trip would be an official or unofficial visit is this up in the air. Abernathy said the Gamecocks continue to show interest. He is planning trips to Ohio State, Tennessee and Georgia this summer and would like to attend games at USC, Oregon and Ohio State this fall. He did not name any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...the-gamecocks/

Old 07-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #8051
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Jalen Julius - Florida

Quote:
Though still committed to Florida, ATH Jalen Julius of West Orange, FL is planning an official visit to USC. Julius committed to the Gators in early-May and visited USC shortly after his announcement. “It went really well,” Julius said. “I spent some time with coach (Everett) Sands and coach (Steve) Spurrier. I like both of them a lot.
“I’ve always liked South Carolina and I still like them after the visit.”
Julius said that he remains committed to Florida but will take future visits, including USC. “I talked to coach Sands and he told me he wants to get me back up there,” he said. “I’m definitely going to take an official (visit) there.”
As for his commitment, Julius said, “I’m still committed (to Florida) but I’m more open now.”
Other schools he would like to visit are Oregon State, Ole Miss and Louisville. Florida remains his favorite.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...a-look-at-usc/

Old 07-02-2014, 12:23 AM   #8052
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Daniel Thompson

Committed to Elon.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #8053
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Tavin Richardson

Quote:
Florida offered WR Tavin Richardson of Byrnes this spring and has now landed in Richardson’s top eight. Richardson named Florida, Kentucky, Louisville, Wake Forest, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Nebraska and Central Florida as his favorites in no order.
“Florida is a great program with a winning tradition,” he said. “They also play in the best conference in college football. I like that they produce a lot of great talent there.”
His first visit to Gainesville is scheduled for July 25th. While in the Sunshine State, Richardson will try and visit UCF as well. He has visited each of his top eight, save Florida, UCF and Nebraska. He did not name a time frame for when he will visit the Big 10 school.
“I plan on taking all five of my official visits,” he said adding he does not intend to make a decision anytime soon.
Neither USC nor Clemson has contacted Richardson recently. He does not have a leader.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...d-a-new-offer/

Old 07-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #8054
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Rasool Clemons

Quote:
DE Rasool Clemons of South Aiken is focused on Clemson, LSU, Tennessee, Florida State, Virginia and Kentucky and will narrow his list even more in the next couple of weeks according to his coach Jeremy West. “He’s a LSU fan so a lot of people are sitting back and seeing that. He’s gone to visit everywhere and he’s trying to sit which ones he likes the best.” West is expecting Clemons to make a decision in early August.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...lcolm-garrett/

Old 07-02-2014, 12:27 AM   #8055
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Albert Huggins

Quote:
Georgia is the next destination for DE Albert Huggins of Orangeburg-Wilkinson. After spending a couple of nights at a Clemson camp earlier this month, Huggins next visit will be a day trip to Athens.
“I’m excited about it and I’m just going about this visit just like all of the others,” he said. “I get a vibe of how things work when I visit these schools and that’s what I plan to do at Georgia.”
Huggins does not have any favorites and said it is too early for that. “I can’t really say because I haven’t taken enough trips,” he said. “I don’t think that would be fair. I liked Clemson and I liked some of the other places I’ve visited, I just need to go to some more places (before I announce any favorites).”
The Georgia trip is scheduled for July 19th. He will visit Florida after that with no date set. As for USC, he does not have any plans to visit at this time.
“I’m real familiar with USC so I don’t think I need to get back there,” Huggins said. “I still talk to the coaches and they’re real interested in me.”
Huggins said he will likely take all five official visits and is in no hurry to make a decision. Though he does not have any favorites, he acknowledged interest in both Clemson and USC.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...it-to-georgia/

Old 07-02-2014, 12:28 AM   #8056
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Venzell Boulware

Quote:
Earlier this week highly regarded OL Venzell Boulware (6-4 270) of Fairburn, GA announced his top five as Clemson, Southern Cal, Alabama, Ohio State and Tennessee, in no particular order. Boulware has visited each of his top five except for Southern Cal. “I really want to visit them,” he said. “That’s my dream school.”
Boulware said his earlier visit to Clemson was eye opening and led to him including the Tigers on his short list.
“The relationship I’ve developed with the coaches, they show a lot of love,” Boulware said. “They were also my first offer. It’s a really great school and they a good tradition of winning to go along with their awesome graduation rate.”
Boulware did not say where he plans to visit next or when he will make his decision.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...about-clemson/

Old 07-02-2014, 12:29 AM   #8057
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - J.J. Arcega-Whiteside

Quote:
With 18 offers, WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside is ready to narrow his list to five next month. He has visited Maryland, Georgia Tech and Virginia this summer while attending camps at Duke, Auburn and Georgia. The former three schools have offered while the latter three have not. Arcega-Whiteside has plans to take one or two more visits this summer and will begin narrowing his list.
“I want to get it down to five in early July…maybe eight,” Arcega-Whiteside said. “I really want to make my commitment in August, before schools starts. I’m ready to get it over with and start focusing on football and basketball.”
His next trip will be out West to Stanford for a camp. The Cardinal interests Arcega-Whiteside. “They’re a great school and they’re a great football program,” he said. “They have shown a lot of interest and I really like them.”

Arcega-Whiteside did admit he has an idea of which teams will make his top five but said it’s not set in stone. “I’ll like one school and after I visit, I don’t like them as much,” he said. “Then I go to another school and like them more after the visit.”

His offers include Virginia, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Stanford, Furman, Pitt, Navy, Miami-Ohio, Central Florida and Appalachian State among others. He has no favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-strecruiting/

Old 07-02-2014, 12:29 AM   #8058
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Nyheim Hines

Quote:
Speedy WR Nyheim Hines of Garner, NC is sitting on 23 offers this summer and will cut down his list in late July. USC and Clemson are among those offers and remain in touch.
“I’ve been emailing with (Clemson’s) coach Caldwell,” Hines said. “And I talked to (USC’s) coach Robinson and coach Spurrier. I’m still strongly interested and both want me to visit.”
Hines said he will visit both school in the next six weeks. He has been to Ohio State and West Virginia. Right now he feels the strongest interest is coming from Clemson, USC, Ohio State, NC State, Duke, North Carolina and Vanderbilt. He has no favorites.
Hines said he also had a recent conversation with Ohio State coach Urban Meyer. “If God made an offense for you, this is the offense,” Hines recalled Meyer telling him.
Hines can play receiver and running back. Clemson and USC are recruiting as a receiver and that’s fine by him. “I want to be like a Percy Harvin,” he said.
Hines said he could have a decision before he season or it might not be until September or October.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...c-and-clemson/

Old 07-02-2014, 12:30 AM   #8059
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Isaiah Hill

Quote:
RB Isaiah Hill of Byrnes now has four offers and has named Miami-Ohio is favorite. He has not visited the school but plans to do so this season. The relationship he has with the coaches staff is what stands apart.
“Just talking to the coaches has been really good,” he said. “They just tell me how much they like me and want me to come there.”
Hill will likely wait for the season to begin and take an official visit to visit the Redhawks. His other three offers are from Western Michigan, Toledo and Gardner Webb with interest from Charlotte and Western Carolina.
Hill has just one event planned for the summer and will camp in at Western Carolina June 19th.
As for a decision date, he does not have one. Hill said he would like to take other visits but has not scheduled those trips.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...t-this-season/

Old 07-02-2014, 12:41 AM   #8060
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - D'Andre Walker

Article via 247

Closed Thread