CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
JDJones
SanAntonioCock
USC_21
WeStillOwnUSC
aftertwobowls
Cockypantherfan
Ahmad
Cockhornleghorn
rabid cock
ESPNís Marisa Martin (1757)
**USC Women vs. Clem (1424)
2014 Charleston Clas (1299)
Fan bias toward a sp (1020)
Sidney Rice is havin (915)
10 years since " (893)
RG3 - Struggles Not (785)
Family, Faith, and G (727)
Have a problem and h (551)
The Official How Do (228)
**USC Women vs. Clemson G
2014 Charleston Classic *
Why the hesitance to put
Previewing Cornell
Cocky cloth towels
2014 Class AAAA Playoffs
how do you feel about Cle
10 years since "the
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
ESPNís Marisa Martin Make

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #21
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

CockyCash: 500
Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - J.J. Arcega-Whiteside

No offense, but how can "watch Dorman every year" and not understand what I was talking about? How many people do you know named Charone?

I hope we get this guy, but, like Roosterboy said, Dorman seems like a pipeline school for Clemson right now. Hopefully we can change that.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #22
lfowens
Walk On

lfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cuss View Post
No offense, but how can "watch Dorman every year" and not understand what I was talking about? How many people do you know named Charone?

I hope we get this guy, but, like Roosterboy said, Dorman seems like a pipeline school for Clemson right now. Hopefully we can change that.
No offense taken. My comment turned out to be a stupid question....what happend was as i read your post quickly and even though you stated "Charone" I was thinking "Arcega-Whiteside"....so that obviously did not make sense to me. And yes I remember Charone quite well. Dorman had a much better team when Charone played. We all knew he and Humphries (as well as Destefano) were strong leans to Clemson from the start. I hear that Arcega-Whiteside does not have a lean right now and that he is interested in USC. Couple of other notes: His mother is the woman's basketball coach at Dorman (a great coach). His mother and two uncles played basketball professionally overseas. Arcega-Whiteside is also a very good basketball player (started on varsity as a Freshman) and he will definitely be able to play basketball (somewhere) in college, but I think his future is in football (especially at the D1 level). GO COCKS!
Old 02-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #23
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

OH! Ha ha gotcha.

Sounds like we could have another Bruce on our hands (but more football-first, basketball-second).

Old 04-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #24
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Kornblut updates since NSD:

Quote:
WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside of Dorman visited North Carolina over the weekend as he begins to make his rounds this winter. The Tar Heels are showing interest but have not offered yet. “I went to the basketball game, got to try on a jersey and talked to the coach while I was up there,” Arcega-Whiteside said. “He was telling me what a lot of schools are telling me, they want to get me up there for a camp and see me in person.” Arcega-Whiteside is hearing the same thing from Clemson and USC. Both schools have invited him for a junior day, though those dates have not been locked down. “They’re both telling me that they’ll let me know when I’m supposed to come,” he said. “I’m sure I’ll go to both of them.” He plans to camp at several schools this summer including USC, Clemson and North Carolina. His next visit will be to Charlotte February 22nd. Wake Forest will follow on March 1st. Arcega-Whiteside has offers from Appalachian State and Elon but says he does not have any favorites. “I’m looking at everyone the same way right now,” he said.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...out-tar-heels/

Quote:
With offers from Wake Forest and James Madison, WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside of Dorman now has four offers. The Upstate wide out visited Clemson this weekend and plans to visit USC in the near future. He hopes to add both schools to his offer sheet.
“I went to Clemson this weekend and enjoyed the trip,” he said. “I got to speak to Dabo (Swinney) and they’re just telling me they want me to visit as much as I can and then camp there this summer.”
He is hearing similar things from USC. “Both schools want to see my athleticism is person so I will definitely camp at Carolina and Clemson,” Arcega-Whiteside said.
As for current offers, Arcega-Whiteside is most thrilled with the one extended by the Demon Deacons. “That’s big time,” he said. “I went up for a visit two weeks ago and they offered me while I was there. I really liked it there. The main thing with them is they’re telling me I could come in an play early. They told me I could be big there.”
Arcega-Whiteside says he would like to play at the BCS level and wants to receive more offers. “I’m interested in Carolina and Clemson…and everyone else around this area,” he said. “Things have really started picking up.”
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-see-usc-soon/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:56 AM   #25
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Several schools have joined the fray for WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside of Dorman. Wake Forest has been his leader but with offers coming from Georgia Tech, Maryland, Pitt, Virginia, Harvard and Miami-Ohio among others, Arcega-Whiteside will slow things down a bit.
“Wake Forest still leads but I do want to take as many visits as I can before I commit,” he admitted. “I’ll probably try and commit before the season starts.”
Arcega-Whiteside continues to receive two-to-three visits each day from college coaches while his team goes through spring practice and would not be surprised should he receive more offers. He still hears from Clemson and USC but said that it goes from hot to cold and back to hot.
“I still hear from both schools but it is sporadic,” he said. “Sometimes I hear from them a lot and then suddenly I won’t hear from either for a while.”
He will attend camps at the two in-state schools this summer and is still looking into other visits and camps. “I’m not sure where I’ll go but I want to see as many schools as I can, Arcega-Whiteside said. “Obviously I want the schools that are offering me the most.”
His other offers are from Wake Forest, Furman, Elon, Old Dominion, James Madison, Appalachian State and Charlotte.
He did not give a date for a decision.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...test-recruits/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-10-2014, 11:18 PM   #26
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
The 2015 WR from Dorman, SC was very good on Friday. He is a bigger WR at 6-foot-3, 200 pounds, but he was tough to deal with. He was a big mismatch for anybody trying to cover him.
Link: http://georgia.247sports.com/Article...rmers-29012074

Old 06-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #27
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

It appears neither in state school has offered and neither is interested at the moment. Ok list but not great. I've watched him play as well as several of the other top HS WRs that have come through the upstate past 10 years or so and from my eyes, he's right up there with most. Not sure about his speed but he does have great hands and can catch balls over dbs at the HS level. Can't argue with his production though. We'll see this year because Dorman should have more of a pocket passer. I'm guessing his offers increase quickly.
http://preps.goupstate.com/news/arti...from-colleges/

Last edited by gamecock88; 06-23-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:29 AM   #28
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
With 18 offers, WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside is ready to narrow his list to five next month. He has visited Maryland, Georgia Tech and Virginia this summer while attending camps at Duke, Auburn and Georgia. The former three schools have offered while the latter three have not. Arcega-Whiteside has plans to take one or two more visits this summer and will begin narrowing his list.
“I want to get it down to five in early July…maybe eight,” Arcega-Whiteside said. “I really want to make my commitment in August, before schools starts. I’m ready to get it over with and start focusing on football and basketball.”
His next trip will be out West to Stanford for a camp. The Cardinal interests Arcega-Whiteside. “They’re a great school and they’re a great football program,” he said. “They have shown a lot of interest and I really like them.”

Arcega-Whiteside did admit he has an idea of which teams will make his top five but said it’s not set in stone. “I’ll like one school and after I visit, I don’t like them as much,” he said. “Then I go to another school and like them more after the visit.”

His offers include Virginia, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Stanford, Furman, Pitt, Navy, Miami-Ohio, Central Florida and Appalachian State among others. He has no favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-strecruiting/

Old 07-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #29
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Personally would have taken this kid over Bowman out fo NC but thats just me. We are looking for 1 more WR and that guy will likely be a elite type WR.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:57 PM   #30
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Probably headed to Stanford
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 07-02-2014, 10:07 PM   #31
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Personally would have taken this kid over Bowman out fo NC but thats just me. We are looking for 1 more WR and that guy will likely be a elite type WR.
I like the elite types.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #32
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Committed to Stanford.

Closed Thread