CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Regalcock
mpilot0705
U-Dub Gamecock
catdaddy66
Storm Of Spurs
gamecockgal
GregoryHouse
talkincock
For Discussing The C (3200)
Drew Owens missing? (2424)
Question about after (2170)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1355)
Shaq Roland (1307)
clemson game time: N (782)
FishFry 47-yarder (742)
Tenn-Mizzou game (450)
UFC Fight Night 57: (278)
Mason Rudolph starti (273)
The Defense
Senior Day RB Participant
Dylan Thompson surpasses
Question about after the
**USC vs. South Alabama G
clemson game time: Noon o
Women's soccer Sweet 16 v
For Discussing The Clemso
Shaq Roland
THE Vent and Coaching Cha

Old 07-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #181
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 500
rt3891 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: 2015 - Albert Huggins

Sure would be nice to have Huggins and Blackshear on the same dline, but if he's Clemson bound, what ya gonna do?
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #182
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt3891 View Post
Sure would be nice to have Huggins and Blackshear on the same dline, but if he's Clemson bound, what ya gonna do?
Beat him and his team for 3-4 years while he is there.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:13 PM   #183
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Beat him and his team for 3-4 years while he is there.

True words... true words. Not too worried about him going to learn below his potential would allow. Come to Carolina and go from a 2 star recruit to an NFL high-rounder. I mean, that's what I'd do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2014, 02:24 AM   #184
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
True words... true words. Not too worried about him going to learn below his potential would allow. Come to Carolina and go from a 2 star recruit to an NFL high-rounder. I mean, that's what I'd do.

Though, I know he's a 4 star guy. Just sayin'!

Old 07-20-2014, 11:19 PM   #185
Toneski
Walk On

Male

Toneski is learning to peckToneski is learning to peck

Huggins just wrapped up his Georgia visit. Per their Rivals site he called Georgia his "dream offer" but still plans to visit Auburn, FSU and Florida.

He said he liked Georgia's message because "there was no message". They just told him they think he would fit well there and would for for him to be a Dawg.....he said "They didn't really pressure me or tell me that I needed to go ahead and make my decision, you know?" (referring to Clem?). Said Georgia's dorms are best he's seen.

He also mentioned he has a good relationship with Ward and Adams but will not take an OV to SC because he is so familiar. He sounds anything but a Clem lock.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:27 PM   #186
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

It would seem like we don't have much of a chance if he doesn't take an OV here.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #187
gamecockclint
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudly

I don't think he said he wouldn't take an OV. I believe he said he wasn't coming to camp.
gamecockclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #188
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
His Coaches have all but packed him up for Clemson. Not sure how this crew at OW High School has been able to push all their top prospects to Clemson but that has been the case for some time. We need to get some Carolina influence up that way.

Saw a post/statement from Ryan Bartow that basically said just that. Huggins was a big UGA fan growing up but his family & coaches of influence prefer Clemson. Explains a lot of what goes on at OW.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:26 PM   #189
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
DL Albert Huggins of Orangeburg-Wilkinson will, visit Georgia Saturday. for his first ever trip to Athens and he plans to use it as an opportunity to take a close look at the Bulldogs.
“I just want to sit down with coach (Mark) Richt and get to know the positives and the negatives of the program,” Huggins said. “I am keeping an open mind towards all schools so I just want to analyze them.”
Huggins remains in contact with Clemson and USC coaches. He has visited Clemson this summer but has not gotten back to USC.
“Right now I am just talking to the Carolina coaches and building a better relationship,” he said. “Coach (Deke) Adams wants me to come up and sit down with him to look at film. I just haven’t had the chance yet but hopefully I can do that.”
Florida is another possible destination for Huggins this summer though time is running short. Huggins mentioned that school begins in a month and that makes it difficult to get down to Gainesville in time. No trip has been scheduled to Florida yet.
Huggins did say he has shaved his list a little but does not have an official list. “I think I’ve probably trimmed my list a little in my mind but I don’t have any favorites or anything like that,” he said. “I don’t know when I’ll do that.”
He did say Clemson and USC are still very much in the mix for his services.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-this-weekend/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:14 PM   #190
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Poona version 2015.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:20 PM   #191
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Poona version 2015.
This situation is nothing like Poona. He couldn't make up his mind about us. We were leading, then he cut us, then wanted to OV...nothing materialized. Other than them both being recruited at DTs, their situations are completely different. Huggins has never said we've been in the lead, and he doesn't have any further plans to visit us. He'll go to UGA or Clemson.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #192
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneski View Post
Huggins just wrapped up his Georgia visit. Per their Rivals site he called Georgia his "dream offer" but still plans to visit Auburn, FSU and Florida.

He said he liked Georgia's message because "there was no message". They just told him they think he would fit well there and would for for him to be a Dawg.....he said "They didn't really pressure me or tell me that I needed to go ahead and make my decision, you know?" (referring to Clem?). Said Georgia's dorms are best he's seen.

He also mentioned he has a good relationship with Ward and Adams but will not take an OV to SC because he is so familiar. He sounds anything but a Clem lock.
No pressure from the Dawgs = they have others higher on the boards. Already has a commit from Justin Young. Big names still out there, Trent Thompson, Shy Tuttle, Daron Payne, etc.
jayceecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #193
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Poona version 2015.
Not remotely!

Huggins and his camp have never been dishonest. Nor, does it appear that any coach is pushing him away from the state. PLUS, Poona's coach was pushing him away from Clemp too.
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #194
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Georgia is the only other place that can flip this kid from Clemson and there's just a slight chance of that happening. He's not coming here.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #195
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
This situation is nothing like Poona. He couldn't make up his mind about us. We were leading, then he cut us, then wanted to OV...nothing materialized. Other than them both being recruited at DTs, their situations are completely different. Huggins has never said we've been in the lead, and he doesn't have any further plans to visit us. He'll go to UGA or Clemson.
In state or out of state, they both steer their SC player away from USC. Is it exactly the same situation? No. But to say it is NOTHING like it is preposterous.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:50 PM   #196
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

I learned, after the fact, exactly what went down in the Poona Ford situation but I have no interest in running to a message board & betraying the confidence that person showed in me & a small group of other donors (of which I'm a small fish) in a private conversation. People can call that what they choose. Trust this, it wasn't good at all.

I don't know what the staff at OW does other than the fact that it's very close & we virtually never land a player from there (yes there have been a few exceptions in the past) & what Bartow posted. That will be a question I ask next time I get the opportunity & the venue is appropriate. Feel fairly confident we're not playing on a level field there, but I could also be wrong.

Last edited by conwaycock2; 07-21-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #197
Toneski
Walk On

Male

Toneski is learning to peckToneski is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
No pressure from the Dawgs = they have others higher on the boards. Already has a commit from Justin Young. Big names still out there, Trent Thompson, Shy Tuttle, Daron Payne, etc.
Very good point. I just saw a post from Georgia's Rival Insider about Thompson, his leaders are: Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Clemson and Southern Cal - in that order.

Georgia doesn't need Huggins with fish like that still in the water.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:51 PM   #198
Latti2001
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Latti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
I learned, after the fact, exactly what went down in the Poona Ford situation but I have no interest in running to a message board & betraying the confidence that person showed in me & a small group of other donors (of which I'm a small fish) in a private conversation. People can call that what they choose. Trust this, it wasn't good at all.

I don't know what the staff at OW does other than the fact that it's very close & we virtually never land a player from there (yes there have been a few exceptions in the past) & what Bartow posted. That will be a question I ask next time I get the opportunity & the venue is appropriate. Feel fairly confident we're not playing on a level field there, but I could also be wrong.
I know some private information, but can't tell you!! Come on....that has been said by 10 different people on here trying to act like they are "in the know." If you want to share, then share, but don't try to act important by making up stories.
Latti2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:08 AM   #199
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti2001 View Post
I know some private information, but can't tell you!! Come on....that has been said by 10 different people on here trying to act like they are "in the know." If you want to share, then share, but don't try to act important by making up stories.
Guy, are you around this staff in informal settings? Well I am on occassion & I'm not making up squat. I know exactly what happened there because one of the parties directly involved told me what happened.

You sit behind that computer board & keep calling people a liar kid. Been around too long to play that game, keyboard warrior. Been going to games & supporting the program for longer than you've likely been on this earth. Marvin Bass was coaching when I first started attending. Ever heard of a knot-hole ticket? Didn't think so.

Any more gibberish you want to throw out?
Old 07-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #200
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Guy, are you around this staff in informal settings? Well I am on occassion & I'm not making up squat. I know exactly what happened there because one of the parties directly involved told me what happened.

You sit behind that computer board & keep calling people a liar kid. Been around too long to play that game. Been going to games & supporting the program for longer than you've likely been on this earth. Marvin Bass was coaching when I first started attending. Ever heard of a knot-hole ticket? Didn't think so.

Any more gibberish you want to throw out?
I've heard a story too but have been asked not to share. I don't know if the stories we've heard are the same, however, and there's no way to know.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote