CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
smoovecock
Sandstorm29
b381l
803scdantes
CoverTwo
gamecockphan
Travelin
robgusc76
The Yancey
A. Pilgrim
The Vent and Coachin (2776)
Disturbing comments (1989)
Gerald Turner (1925)
does anybody think w (1694)
Bluff Road (1235)
UF lets Durkin go (959)
2015 schedule is bru (807)
Bowl B-L-I-N-G (730)
2015 Early Enrollees (622)
Bobo to Colorado St? (448)
The Vent and Coaching cha
2015 - Mark Fields
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Bianca Cuevas Interview
2015 schedule is brutal
The U ends apparel deal w
Previewing Clemson
Gerald Turner
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
JC Shurburtt was just on

Old 07-02-2014, 10:53 PM   #1
Wingman
Gamecock baseball fan

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPit
Default Lou Gehrig's speech

MLB had all of the first basemen in the two leagues (including Smoak) recite Lou Gehrig's farewell speech. It will be played on the 75th anniversary of the speech in all major league parks.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...peech/related/

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:04 PM   #2
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lou Gehrig's speech

Feel like I just got punched in the gut
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:23 AM   #3
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I know what you mean.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:44 AM   #4
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Yeah. I bet you do.

But we do too. And it's hard to explain why. It's been bugging me, and many others here for a long while. Makes me really upset. Not kidding. It has affected things. I go back and forth between being really mad and being just down about it. In fact I don't even know why I come here anymore except to blow off steam and it doesn't do anything because of this. I've started threads and posted songs and tried to reach out and stay positive but it's all for nothing.

Sorry for the bullshit post but this is what happens.

I just want to say I'm really sorry man because I don't know what the F to do.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #5
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

It's OK.

Quote:
In fact I don't even know why I come here anymore except to blow off steam and it doesn't do anything because of this. I've started threads and posted songs and tried to reach out and stay positive but it's all for nothing.
It's not for nothing. It really, really helps. Keep doing it.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #6
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Thank you for that! I lost my Dad to that cruel SOB... there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of what he taught me over the years and I continue to learn from his memory and the way he lived. He lived every day for his family and reminded us all of what was important in life....
Anger is still there, sadness is still there, it will remain but hope also remains....so with that said post ...and keep posting away!
Old 07-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #7
ds401
4-Star

Female

CockyCash: 500
ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

Progressive neuro diseases are the pits. Frustrating when u look great and when u look bad. Once a person can accept the diagnosis , it is a big step. As silly as this may sound I hate not being able to drive since age 36. BUT I do not have to wait in line at DW:)

Thank you for that video!
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:40 PM   #8
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

That was great.

And just better that Jeter ended that.
What a classy guy.
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:48 PM   #9
GregoryHouse
FB = Greeb Oval

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

What a way to put things in perspective.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #10
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Guys, I would never presume to know how someone whose life is shortened feels, but I will say this: Almost seventy years ago a remarkable young man taught me that it's not how many days you have that really matters. Rather it's what you do with the days you have that determines how you will be remembered.

And every year around the fourth of July I am reminded that freedom comes with a price tag, and I re-double my efforts to teach my sons and young grandson those life lessons the brother I never knew taught me all those years ago.

God bless and may you live each and every day you have left to its fullest.
OldPat is online now   Reply With Quote