CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
Master Bedroom
Acockolypse Now
Rooster'srule
sanford
El Cid Ranger
b381l
cocksmith1or11
Order 66
Backup QB competitio (2642)
2014 Preseason USA T (1267)
Ranking the SEC Fema (780)
Anyone heard anythin (721)
Future Non-Conferenc (628)
Spurrier on the cove (411)
What Would You Do? (393)
Ranking the SEC scho (304)
Tupelo Honey Cafe (225)
Ranking the SEC Fema (222)
Musburger/Palmer to comme
Hello Gamecocks!
Anyone heard anything abo
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
An Aggies View of the Mat
Backup QB competition
2015 - Albert Huggins
Dustin Johnson taking a l
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Cheap jersey and very nic

Old 07-05-2014, 01:16 AM   #1
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default What's your favorite play from a Gamecock game you attended?

Saw this on Gamecock Central figured it'd be a cool one for here.

What are the plays you remember most?

For me, it was a couple from the Alabama game in 2010. I was sitting in the upper deck on the sideline where AJ caught the one handed catch while dude pretty much ripped his jersey off.

I was also front and center for the famous Stephen Garcia safety where he threw the ball out of the back of the end zone.

My third one was I was sitting in the end zone where AJ scored against Tennessee to pretty much give us the win.

robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:32 AM   #2
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: What's your favorite play from a Gamecock game you attended?

Ace punt return vs Georgia 2012

Connor Shaw receiving TD vs Wisconsin

Bruce's amazing catch in 2014 C1B, followed by his touchdown

Byrd's insane catch in C1B
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:36 AM   #3
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Tucker's 49 INT return at home against UF in 2005. That started that whole destruction of UF that day. The East Upper Level was swaying that day, and I could fill the turnstile I was on moving as well. That's the loudest I've ever heard The WB.

The video is on the video page here, just not sure how to post it.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:45 AM   #4
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Ko Simpson's pick six against UGA in 04 will probably always be my number one. My freshman year and my first game ever at Williams-Brice. I'll remember that play (and our reaction in the student section) forever.

Mitchell to Whiteside against UCF in 2005 is a special one, simply because I remember my buddy and I grabbing each other and screaming "We've got Spurrier!"

Eric Norwood's heroics against Kentucky in 2007 are up there, as well.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:53 AM   #5
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Ace punt return vs Georgia 2012

Connor Shaw receiving TD vs Wisconsin

Bruce's amazing catch in 2014 C1B, followed by his touchdown

Byrd's insane catch in C1B

Did you mean Roland for the last one?
Old 07-05-2014, 02:04 AM   #6
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Oh, Alshon's Hail Mary TD against Nebraska happened pretty much right in front of us. That was wild.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:10 AM   #7
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:13 AM   #8
garnetheart32
Walk On

Male

garnetheart32 has hatched from the shell

I haven't been to all that many games but my favorite was this gem throw ace sanders vs east carolina. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUx2xVgXUPU at about 17 seconds in.
garnetheart32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:24 AM   #9
AtlGamecock3307
Starter

Male

AtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPit

First two that came to mind. The two games Ive been too since I graduated.

AtlGamecock3307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:38 AM   #10
mrfyzv
Walk On

Male

mrfyzv has hatched from the shell

cool movies
mrfyzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #11
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

The Fade.

Came against MSU following the 0-11 season. MSU had a bad ass defensive secondary too. I think they called it the Smoot or something.

Close second:

The c. 1978 game. Down by 7 to Mississippi, 10-17. Less than a minute less. Gamecocks at their own 20.

We complete an 80 yard bomb on the final play of the game. Execute a two point conversion. Win 18-17.

Shaq Attack

Last edited by yazoo; 07-05-2014 at 07:25 AM.
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #12
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 220685
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Brad Edwards interception and return for TD vs. Clemson in 1987.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #13
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Ingram's fake punt and run for a TD against UGA was pretty good also. However, that was on the road at UGA and I just saw it on TV.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #14
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

My top 5 I believe

Brad Edward interception against Clemson 87

Kimrey to kelly the fade against miss st 2000.. Fred Smoot talked all kinds of trash. Joe Lee Dunns defensive was great. Went 4-0 after losing 21 straight.

Ace punt return against uga. The loudest single moment I remember at Williams brick

Alshon 1 handed against alabama. Interfered with but didn't care.

1985 sterling 100 yard return against duke.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #15
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I think mine was the Brandon Bennett dive over from the one in Athens. We were sitting in the end zone watching it surrounded by uga fans and the place just died. It was great.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #16
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

The Cooper to Wilds TD pass vs Clemson

Alshon vs Alabama, and vs UK in 09

Lattimore vs UGA in 2010
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #17
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
YouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPit

DJ's pick 6 after getting a bullshit personal foul flag against Arkansas.
YouCanNeverTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #18
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Gotta be this one...

I was also front and center for Alshon's breakout game as a freshman vs Kentucky, which was unforgettable, but more of a series of TD passes than one individual play so I'll go with the game-saver by JD, which was just an electrifying moment.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #19
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeCock View Post

Did you mean Roland for the last one?
Yeah, my bad. I realized my mistake after I posted it and was too tired and didn't feel like changing it.... Hahaha I knew someone would notice it anyway
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #20
tkousc
4-Star

Male

tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

I also nominate that Ko Simpson pick 6 in 2004 against Georgia. Loudest and craziest I'd ever seen the student section I was in.

2nd would be Sidney Rice's catch against Florida in 05. That last drive Florida had that day was probably the loudest the student section had been up to that time.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote