CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
taylorssc
Lonnie
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
So Disappointed With (2383)
Rank the QBs under S (1636)
Back like cooked cra (1222)
Tennessee game (777)
Who start on the d l (687)
No Comments on the H (572)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (212)
Gameday parking in A (149)
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
No Comments on the Holes?
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
So Disappointed With The
Tennessee game
Back like cooked crack
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Texas athletic director:

Old 07-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #21
Colorado Cocksman
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Colorado Cocksman has hatched from the shell
Default Re: What's your favorite play from a Gamecock game you attended?

Brad Edwards interception return vs. Clemson in '87.
Colorado Cocksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #22
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Ace's return vs. UGA

The Fade.

Sidney's amazing catch vs. UF.

Alshon's one-handed grab against Alabama.

Clowney's sack forced fumble recovered by Melvin for a TD vs. UGA
Old 07-05-2014, 01:40 PM   #23
Salmon
Recruit

Male

Salmon has hatched from the shell

All the catches by Alshon!!! He was the most breakout player I had ever seen!
Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #24
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

The Hit.

Where we were sitting we couldn't see it but boy did we ever hear it. Sounded like a car crash.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #25
nickerous
Recruit

nickerous has earned his spursnickerous has earned his spursnickerous has earned his spursnickerous has earned his spursnickerous has earned his spursnickerous has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Ingram's fake punt and run for a TD against UGA was pretty good also. However, that was on the road at UGA and I just saw it on TV.
That play and the Clowney strip/Ingram TD late in the 4th are my favorites. The scoop and score was great and I went absolutely nuts in the middle of a buncha dawgs.
nickerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #26
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Halfback pass for a TD against the Citadel in 84.

That season was a halfback pass away from not happening.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #27
BlakelyH19
Blue Chip

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

BlakelyH19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #28
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 View Post
It looked like he would have scored if he stayed on the sideline.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #29
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Ace Sanders' punt return versus Georgia in 2012.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:07 PM   #30
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Alshon's one handed catches against Alabama and Kentucky.

Ace's punt return against Georgia. Loudest I've ever heard that stadium.

Chris Tuckers INT against Florida.

Troy Williamson and Ko Simpson against Georgia in 2004.

Eric Norwood and Jonathan Williams plays against Kentucky.

Connor to Bruce against Clemson in 2011.

Daniel Weaver against Ohio State in the second Outback Bowl.

Brandon Wilds TD catch from Pharoh against Clemson. I've watched that play countless times.

Jad Dean's miss in 2006.

Sidney's catch against Florida.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:18 PM   #31
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Sidney Rice catch vs Arkansas 2006. We lost but we came back; final was 26-20 I think
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:13 AM   #32
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Antonio Allen picking of boyd 2010? (Maybe)
Old 07-06-2014, 03:32 AM   #33
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofacock View Post
Antonio Allen picking of boyd 2010? (Maybe)
Pretty sure he picked off kyle parker.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:51 AM   #34
carolinacocky
Recruit

Male

carolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudly

Alshon's TD catch in the Capital One Bowl... we were sitting on the goal line right where the seats made the angle change for the octagon and had a great view of that amazing play.

I was in the stands the day Jeff Grantz rushed for 260 yards (mostly on quarterback scrambles) against Ohio. He made several Houdini escapes that day, and I believe he held the NCAA record for rushing yards for about an hour (someone rushed for @ 264 later that same day).

I also remember Rick Sanford making a fourth down, game saving, goal line tackle (against Ole Miss, I believe) back when I was a student. It was a violent collision that put Rick out of the game as I remember.

Ace's TD punt return against UGA was probably the loudest I remember the crowd at WB.
carolinacocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #35
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Troy Williamson's 99 yard TD against Virginia in 2003. I forgot about that one. That play completely changed that game. Unless I missed a post, I'm surprised no one had mentioned that.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #36
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

I think the hit is probably the one that got the biggest reaction from me.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #37
walk.daddy
sings for money

Male

CockyCash: 533
walk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
The Fade.

Came against MSU following the 0-11 season. MSU had a bad ass defensive secondary too. I think they called it the Smoot or something.

Close second:

The c. 1978 game. Down by 7 to Mississippi, 10-17. Less than a minute less. Gamecocks at their own 20.

We complete an 80 yard bomb on the final play of the game. Execute a two point conversion. Win 18-17.
The fade was my first game I ever attended at WB and it's also the only reason anyone still remembers Erik Kimrey haha
walk.daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #38
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

The loudest play I can remember of any game at the Brice was Troy's big catch against UGA:

Was there for Ace Sanders PR against UGA as well and that's up there.

Seeing The Hit in person was awesome.

Alshon vs. a poor little Citadel DB:

Old 07-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #39
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Oh, Alshon's Hail Mary TD against Nebraska happened pretty much right in front of us. That was wild.
We were on the 5 yard line that game behind the Gamecock sideline, second row. Loved that moment! Also loved Brad Edwards' pick six vs clemmy in 1987 to seal the win.

Connor had an 80 yard TD run called back vs Mizzou in 2013 on a BS chop block call, but it was a great play anyway! Also the fade to Jermale Kelly from Eric Kimrey was epic!
Old 07-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #40
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Robert Brooks' one-handed TD circus catch, '87. Happened in front of us and was a jaw dropper. Still the greatest catch I've seen live at a game.