CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
smoovecock
FireAntD84
GoldenSpur7
cockybusiness2
doubledribble
TKE226
The Yancey
OriginalGamecock
ZenUSC
HCIW
Regular Season Win L (1076)
Breakout Players (704)
SOS: Multiple QBs p (702)
Our player developme (665)
Pharoh to sit out ne (535)
Encouraging sign for (416)
Nat'lChamp = Free Da (325)
2018 - Josh Belk (270)
Top Bball Fball coac (211)
Is Bama even gonna b (167)
Carolina Pro Day April 1
Geno: Men's basketball &
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Is Bama even gonna be abl
2015- Jamall Gregory
Mens Basketball Commits -
Pharoh to sit out next ye
2016 Commitment - Kyle Da
Hickory Tavern.....
**2015 Gamecock Softball

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #8101
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Ty'Son Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
I would put Shaw and Williams ahead of Turner
Scarlett and Frasier are the top two and the other 3 imo are preference of opinion. Add either Scarlett or Frasier to Turner and you would have to be ecstatic.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #8102
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
airborne09 has developed his gaff and talonsairborne09 has developed his gaff and talonsairborne09 has developed his gaff and talonsairborne09 has developed his gaff and talonsairborne09 has developed his gaff and talonsairborne09 has developed his gaff and talonsairborne09 has developed his gaff and talonsairborne09 has developed his gaff and talonsairborne09 has developed his gaff and talonsairborne09 has developed his gaff and talonsairborne09 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Ty'Son Williams

Watched Johnny Frasiers highlights and like what i see. beautiful side step,keeps the ball to the outside,keeps the tips of the football tucked in his elbow and palm. he catches the ball very nicely as well. The kid does not like to go down.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #8103
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 - Damon Arnette

Read on GCC where Chris Carter (former OSU player and Vikings WR) is encouraging Damon to attend SC. Pretty cool business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #8104
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
Read on GCC where Chris Carter (former OSU player and Vikings WR) is encouraging Damon to attend SC. Pretty cool business

Ya that's about a week or two old. Chris was talking to him on Twitter. Arnette said "my school going to be DBU." Chris said "How's your visit to USC?"
Old 07-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #8105
qcgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
yeah, I don't like the year scholarship idea either. All you have to do to assure your scholarship for a full 4 years is maintain a C average in class. You don't have to work hard in practice or stay in shape. It's not an academic scholarship. If you get a scholarship for playing a sport, you should have to prove yourself worthy by putting forth the effort in that sport to keep that scholarship.
I think the coaches can take away a 4 year scholarship as quick as they can decide to not bring you back for a one year scholarship, smoke and mirrors if you as me...
Old 07-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #8106
GarnetSwarm1990
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 rules the CockPitGarnetSwarm1990 rules the CockPitGarnetSwarm1990 rules the CockPitGarnetSwarm1990 rules the CockPitGarnetSwarm1990 rules the CockPitGarnetSwarm1990 rules the CockPitGarnetSwarm1990 rules the CockPitGarnetSwarm1990 rules the CockPitGarnetSwarm1990 rules the CockPitGarnetSwarm1990 rules the CockPitGarnetSwarm1990 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
yeah, I don't like the year scholarship idea either. All you have to do to assure your scholarship for a full 4 years is maintain a C average in class. You don't have to work hard in practice or stay in shape. It's not an academic scholarship. If you get a scholarship for playing a sport, you should have to prove yourself worthy by putting forth the effort in that sport to keep that scholarship.
The whole point to the 4 year scholarship is so the NCAA has an excuse to still call them student athletes. It's their way of fighting the idiotic notion of paying the players.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #8107
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
The whole point to the 4 year scholarship is so the NCAA has an excuse to still call them student athletes. It's their way of fighting the idiotic notion of paying the players.
They are student-athletes regardless of whether their scholarship is 4 years or 1. And regardless of whether a player really wants to go to class or not. It's a requirement. If they want to play they have to make the grades.

The reason schools are offering the 4-year scholarships is to draw recruits to their school under the concept of "guaranteed" scholarship so long as I make a C average. That is not supposed to guarantee your ATHLETIC scholarship, it's just the bare minimum academic requirement that allows someone to be able to play an NCAA event. You have to earn your scholarship on the field as well, otherwise you would need a B average to keep your scholarship because without the athletic side it's nothing but and academic scholarship.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 07-05-2014 at 08:28 PM..
Old 07-05-2014, 11:19 PM   #8108
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:

That's pretty cool. As an OSU alum he could easily encourage him to commit there. Hopefully Arnette joins the fold soon.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #8109
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Sure Carter meant us when he said USC? For an OSU guy to call us USC is rare.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:56 PM   #8110
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Sure Carter meant us when he said USC? For an OSU guy to call us USC is rare.
He did.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #8111
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94320
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Re: Rivals Has Released Top 100 JUCO Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Sawyer should be added sometime soon assuming he's doing well academically.
247 said they are going to add him once they get a picture of what his grades look like after summer. If he's still on track to get here by Summer I next year, then they'll add him.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier

Last edited by MWard; 07-06-2014 at 11:12 PM..
Old 07-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #8112
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1000022205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
247 said they are going to add him once they get a picture of what his grades look like after summer. If he's still on track to get here by Summer I next year, then they'll add him.
I read that too......but until he enrolls, I'm taking the "fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice, shame on me" attitude.

Last edited by b381l; 07-07-2014 at 01:03 AM..
Old 07-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #8113
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I read that too......but until he enrolls, I'm taking the "fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice, shame on me" attitude.
Wise man
Old 07-07-2014, 01:00 AM   #8114
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Given our history in these situations that's a smart approach.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:09 AM   #8115
Storm Of Spurs
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10800
Storm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
For 2015 cycle:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ings/rank-3508

Prospects of USC interest:

#2) Marquavius Lewis
#6) D.J. Jones
#8) Paris Palmer (USC Commit)
#9) Duvon Durant
#15) Dante Sawyer
Quote:
We gone get'em all!!!
I got a bad feeling Jones will go elsewhere (Tennessee) and Durant will be an academic casualty due to not being able to enroll early.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #8116
jrussjr
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 100000
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
I got a bad feeling Jones will go elsewhere (Tennessee) and Durant will be an academic casualty due to not being able to enroll early.

Unfortunately, I am beginning to feel the same.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #8117
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

PK has an update on DJ Jones, but I can't get the link to work, it takes me back to their homepage.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:15 AM   #8118
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Default Re: 2015 - D.J. Jones

PK has an update, but when I click on the link to his article, it just takes me back to their homepage.

http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.d...tegory=PSPORTS

Old 07-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #8119
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
PK has an update, but when I click on the link to his article, it just takes me back to their homepage.

http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.d...tegory=PSPORTS
Didn't work for me either. He is visiting FSU in a couple of weeks though, but that's the extent of the update I can offer.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #8120
davisd9
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 375
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Jones looking to shake up his top ten

By Phil Kornblut

DL DJ Jones of East Mississippi JC plans to announce his college decision December 13th. He has had a top ten, in a particular order, since last month. But Jones said Sunday he's about to reshuffle the deck.

"I might rework my top ten soon," Jones said. "I'm letting them (the schools) decide that by recruiting me and showing me how bad they need me."

The current top ten for Jones, in order, is Tennessee, Alabama, Clemson, USC, Auburn, Southern Cal, Florida State, Ole Miss, Florida and Georgia. The Vols do remain the leader for now. Jones plans to have a final five by the start of his season.

Clemson and USC continue to do their work with the former Wren standout. He talked with Clemson recruiter Marion Hobby last week. "He was telling me some new stuff," Jones said. "He said there's a big gap waiting for me with guys leaving. They've got a spot waiting."

USC recruiter Deke Adams caught up with Jones Saturday. "He said after the dead period he want me to make it back there when more people are there," said Jones who was back in South Carolina last week and drove back to Scooba, MS Sunday night with teammates Dante Sawyer, a current USC commitment, and Chad Kelly, the former Clemson quarterback.

Jones will take an official visit to Florida State July 18th. A few days before that, he plans to return home and he expects to make unofficial visits to Clemson and USC then. He also plans to take an official visit to Tennessee.

East Mississippi, which won the JUCO national title last season, is ranked #1 in the pre-season by JCGridiron.com.

Catch Phil Kornblut every night on SportsTalk and get more of his statewide recruiting news at SportsTalkSC.com and on Twitter @SportsTalkSC.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...up-his-top-ten
Closed Thread