CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Acockolypse Now
Spurticus
gamecockgal
spareparts
Gamecocks1137
MEL
auslander
sanford
B-G
Texags (2158)
Stephen Garcia AMA o (1865)
Ace suspended 4 game (1709)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (1447)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (1202)
watching the Alabama (404)
Jake Coker (312)
Da'Quan Bowers had a (253)
A good friend of min (246)
ESPN Insider (184)
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Official SEC Network and
Another A&M aggie off
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Ace suspended 4 games
Georgia DE Jonathan Taylo
Green and Lammons
Good Article for those co
2015 - Christian Pellage

Old 07-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #41
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: New Sign at Williams Brice

Can we make this thread like the Beastboard thread with CT'ers putting up photos and giving updates until it's completed?
Old 07-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #42
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
If not brick the fašade of the Brice at least use the same kind of signage material that adorns the Towers of Triumph, there could just alternating garnet and black, the bare concrete needs to go.
what is the tower of triumph?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:58 PM   #43
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
You have some points. There is also a struggle to bring folks in vs them watching on their 60" HD TV. Making it visually pleasing won't do it by itself, but does help. I also hope upgrading the interior, making real bathrooms, etc will help if we would do that.
The bathroom situation is a major renovation because there just too small and aren't enough, especially on the upper level. I hope they can find some room to put some restroom houses inside the gate outside the stadium at least. The outside of the stadium could be done quickly and easily.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #44
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
what is the tower of triumph?
The concourse towers that has all the records on them.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #45
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
The concourse towers that has all the records on them.
OK never heard it called that before
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:38 PM   #46
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
OK never heard it called that before
I have heard it called names for it from concourses of champions, towers of triumph, can't think of some of the others off the top of my head.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:20 PM   #47
Senior Rooster
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Senior Rooster is learning to peckSenior Rooster is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I buy tickets, I watch the games on tv increasing their ratings which is how they make the big bucks with TV deals. You aren't special just because you are in the GGC. It's a public school. Everyone in SC is paying for it. It's a gamecock NATION, not a game cock oligarchy.
RIGHT ON!
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:49 PM   #48
DorchesterGamecock
Walk On

Male

DorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his claws

I think the sign is a great idea. I think it would look nice if they bricked the Brice eventually... but right now I think we should really focus on the landscaping around the stadium and improving the actual stadium, such as the concourses, restrooms, etc..

Williams Brice needs more suites too. I don't think we need an expansion per se, but we do need more suites and from what I've heard I believe that is one of Tanner's next initiatives. I also read that Tanner is exploring the idea of a Football Operations Building, but I've been trying to figure out where it would go. I think it would be really neat if we could find some way to open up the concourses so that more natural light can get it. Right now, the concourses are dark and dingy but a little natural light will really do more than any paint job. A little glass here and there on the exterior but nothing to excessive.

In the long term, we really need to do something with the North endzone. Right now it looks like a gaping hole and it takes away from the stadium. If we could somehow make the Macguire building into more than what it is now that would be nice. Maybe would add some suites over the north endzone somehow. I don't know, just throwing ideas out there.

Lots of opposing fanbases like to dig in on the fact that our stadium is off campus in a "rundown" industrial area but I think that we could use this to our advantage. For instance, it's relatively easy to get in and out of our stadium (when compared to others in the SEC) and we are located conveniently to the interstate. Unlike most SEC stadiums, Willy Brice isn't confined or trapped on campus. It has ample room around it to expand and develop as needed in the future. I think it would be wise of USC to partner with the City of Columbia and a few developers to take advantage of this and turn the entire area into a sort of entertainment district. How neat would it be if there was a development of bars, restaurants, and condos etc mixed in with the current tailgating atmosphere around Willy B? Sort of like bringing the Vista to Bluff Road. Just throwing ideas out there for 20,30 years down the line..
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #49
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default New Sign at Williams Brice

I'm not for painting concrete..Never looks right in my mind.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #50
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
I think the sign is a great idea. I think it would look nice if they bricked the Brice eventually... but right now I think we should really focus on the landscaping around the stadium and improving the actual stadium, such as the concourses, restrooms, etc..

Williams Brice needs more suites too. I don't think we need an expansion per se, but we do need more suites and from what I've heard I believe that is one of Tanner's next initiatives. I also read that Tanner is exploring the idea of a Football Operations Building, but I've been trying to figure out where it would go. I think it would be really neat if we could find some way to open up the concourses so that more natural light can get it. Right now, the concourses are dark and dingy but a little natural light will really do more than any paint job. A little glass here and there on the exterior but nothing to excessive.

In the long term, we really need to do something with the North endzone. Right now it looks like a gaping hole and it takes away from the stadium. If we could somehow make the Macguire building into more than what it is now that would be nice. Maybe would add some suites over the north endzone somehow. I don't know, just throwing ideas out there.

Lots of opposing fanbases like to dig in on the fact that our stadium is off campus in a "rundown" industrial area but I think that we could use this to our advantage. For instance, it's relatively easy to get in and out of our stadium (when compared to others in the SEC) and we are located conveniently to the interstate. Unlike most SEC stadiums, Willy Brice isn't confined or trapped on campus. It has ample room around it to expand and develop as needed in the future. I think it would be wise of USC to partner with the City of Columbia and a few developers to take advantage of this and turn the entire area into a sort of entertainment district. How neat would it be if there was a development of bars, restaurants, and condos etc mixed in with the current tailgating atmosphere around Willy B? Sort of like bringing the Vista to Bluff Road. Just throwing ideas out there for 20,30 years down the line..
This is one heck of a first post, I love those ideas
Old 07-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #51
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post

Not sure how much flack the city would get from the owners and workers in The Vista and 5 Points, on building bars are eateries close to the stadium. Those places stand to lose a lot of money if that happened.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:03 PM   #52
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

The next project in a couple of years is creating premium seating/boxes.....we'll lose some seats, but net revenue will be increased. We are behind other schools
in this area.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:14 PM   #53
DorchesterGamecock
Walk On

Male

DorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeCock View Post
Not sure how much flack the city would get from the owners and workers in The Vista and 5 Points, on building bars are eateries close to the stadium. Those places stand to lose a lot of money if that happened.
You're probably right.. but I don't think the City of Cola is really too concerned with competition considering how hard they're pushing that Bull Street development.. and that's right in the thick of everything. USC is growing enrollment wise like crazy and Columbia is really trying to draw people back into the city, instead of pushing them out to areas like Harbison and Sandhills. For instance, the Vista and Main Street are the next target areas for this new wave of student housing. Which means even more bars and restaurants are coming downtown.

The way I see it, something will happen eventually anyway. Campus is pushing south towards the stadium and west towards the river, the master plan is online. To top it off, USC is growing fast and it's not ending anytime soon. I graduated in 2012 and that was the first year enrollment topped 30,000. It's pushing 32,000 now. USC will be at 35k and maybe even 40k in 10-20 years. That's just talking about students. Haven't even started talking about people that will eventually start moving back downtown as younger people these days prefer city living over suburbs. There will be more than enough people to support 5points, The Vista, Main Street, Bull Street development and whatever may come to Bluff road.

All in all, it's a good time for USC. The school has a bright future.
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:19 PM   #54
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

Great post above. Personally I would love to see us 1) Improve the outside landscape of WB(will be complete by 2015 season). 2) BRICK THE BRICE. 3) Add more suites and improve the entire press box. It looks small. I would love to see it widened. 4) More student seats under the beast board. I know I know...students leave before the game ends...I understand the beast board was made to accommodate to any expansion to the north end zone, and I know many students like myself hate getting student tickets in the upper deck. It would resolve the gap in the north end zone while creating a even more scenic and rowdy student section.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:45 PM   #55
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
The next project in a couple of years is creating premium seating/boxes.....we'll lose some seats, but net revenue will be increased. We are behind other schools
in this area.
Already some pretty sweet premium seating in the pictures I posted. Just to bid for the chance to buy tickets is 3k a year. They have a personal chef there and private bathrooms.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:54 PM   #56
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
I'm not for painting concrete..Never looks right in my mind.
It's already painted in some places. Now it just looks unfinished.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #57
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 0
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Yep, lots of people have big ideas just don't ask some of them to pay for it. That's somebody else's job. Far as I'm concerned if you're not a member of the GCC your opinion of what "We" should do means nada. If & when you're willing to pony up your cash, preach on.

About the same as me telling someone you should buy your wife or child a Ferrari. I've got a grandiose suggestion, just no skin in the game.
Really? And I thought CockyTalk was a fun-filled fan forum where the love and thoughts of our poorest brothers and sisters was as welcome and cherished as the love and bonds of our wealthiest and most giving.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #58
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Patience is going to be a virtue here. It takes a lot of time to plan these things, get them approved and run through the legislature, not to mention actually scheduled and done when the place is in use fairly heavily for half the year. We had some things that fell pretty fair behind and had to be handled first, but I think we are now getting to the spot where the stadium itself can start getting more and more attention. Until Hyman came along we just weren't making the money needed to do these things. Now with that and the money coming in from the SEC, we can have one of, if not THE nicest football stadiums in the Carolinas. The seating is very adequate for our population. I would love to have the concourse widened somehow and more bathrooms. Concessions wouldn't hurt either, but the bathroom situation and the ability to walk around the concourse really need to be addressed.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #59
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudlyTodd803 is crowing loudly

Quote:
No need to start I have the right to say more than anyone else because you are in the GCC, there are people who just can't afford to donate money that GCC members can donate, the vast majority of Gamecock Nation just can't do it, but non GCC members are still subject to the ever increasing ticket prices.
The vast majority can't afford $4.59 a month? Not an accurate statement at all. The fact of the matter is that UGA/UF and even Clemson have more support from their donors. I think people need to realize that when suggesting things like spending millions of dollars to put brick on something. Beastboard was paid for with 100% private donations, so if you want the stadium to look much better, my advise would be to donate and to get everyone you know to do the same. I think that was what was trying to be stated.

To me it is just very interesting to hear someone say that are a huge fan, see them have nicer stuff than a bunch of people, but not figure out a way to give either the University itself or the GCC $10-$20 a month to support. Not saying anyone is better for joining the GCC, but please don't tell me that they can't afford $5 a month or more to support the school/team they "love" even if they don't buy tickets.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #60
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I buy tickets, I watch the games on tv increasing their ratings which is how they make the big bucks with TV deals. You aren't special just because you are in the GGC. It's a public school. Everyone in SC is paying for it. It's a gamecock NATION, not a game cock oligarchy.
I may be wrong about this but I believe that even though the school is public, the athletics budget (including all these renovations) is payed for entirely out of revenue which it makes and private donations, not tax dollars which fund the rest of the school.