CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
FurmanCock
Cockhornleghorn
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
Copperhead
sanford
ConwayGamecock
b381l
gamecockgal
Venables to TAMU? (4059)
Vegas line moving on (2896)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2678)
Phil Kronblut show (1383)
Arkansas... (1296)
Women's Soccer Elite (1010)
End of the aTm / LSU (910)
Anyone know what thi (824)
Have we been favored (709)
marshall/WKU (314)
Arkansas...
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Texans getting frustrated
Vegas line moving on game
Tailgating tomorrow for t
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ C
Venables to TAMU?
Clemson fans
Constant Updates on Watso
Women's Soccer Elite Eigh

Old 07-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Top 5 Games of Marcus Lattimore's Gamecock Career

What would be your list?

What would be your criteria?
Old 07-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Re: Top 5 Games of Marcus Lattimore's Gamecock Career

#1 - South Carolina vs Florida 2010. In the Swamp, Freshman Marcus Lattimore ran 40 times for a career-high 212 yards and three touchdowns.

With the SEC East on the line, Steve Spurrier handed Marcus the ball over and over. Marcus rewarded the playcalling with stellar production in the hostile environment. The Gamecocks won 36-14
Old 07-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #3
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Off the top of my ahead his 2010 game against UGA and 2011 against Navy have to be on the list.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #4
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPit

1) 2010 Florida
2) 2010 UGA
3) 2011 UGA
4) 2011 Navy
5) Tossup between the clinic he was putting on So Miss or Alabama 2010
Old 07-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #5
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Honorable mentions

2010 @ Kentucky
2012 @ Vanderbilt
2010 vs. Troy

5. 2012 @ LSU
This is a game where we called on Marcus repeatedly and he managed to keep us in the ball game with multiple determined third dowe conversions.

4. 2011 vs. Navy
Not much to be said here...

3. 2011 @ Georgia
In year two of marcus' campaign we relied heavily on him in order to keep the ball out of Aaron murray's hands. With the help of Melvin Ingram and a young clowney we pulled off the wild win in an incredible shootout.

2. 2010 vs. Georgia
Anytime marcus lattimore is mentioned in conversation, this is most often one of the first things brought up. On this day, gamecock fans all over the nation came to the realization that we have a legit sec back, and Heisman caliber player that we would later rely on to send us to the sec championship. Which leads me to #1

1. 2010 @ Florida
Still to this day one of the best RB performances I have ever witnessed. Spurrier relied on his back to essentially single handedly win this ball game, and marcus exceeded far more than anybody could have expected!
Old 07-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #6
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
#1 - South Carolina vs Florida 2010. In the Swamp, Freshman Marcus Lattimore ran 40 times for a career-high 212 yards and three touchdowns.

With the SEC East on the line, Steve Spurrier handed Marcus the ball over and over. Marcus rewarded the playcalling with stellar production in the hostile environment. The Gamecocks won 36-14
Thanks GH, now I know what I'm going to be doing for the next 2+ hours.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

I am rewatching it now
Old 07-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #8
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

1. 2010 FL
2. 2010 UGA
3. 2010 Alabama
4. 2010 Kentucky
5. 2011 Georgia
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #9
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Thanks GH, now I know what I'm going to be doing for the next 2+ hours.
If nothing else, watch the final drive for the Gamecocks prior to halftime. On display is his physical tools but also the vision and decision making that sets him apart from most players. He will be a great player in the NFL.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #10
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post

Thanks for the reminder. I thought that was the game UF returned the opening with a KO return. I was in Myrtle Beach standing at an arcade bar and some UF chick was standing next to me. She started giving me the finger and yelling FU Carolina. Those rants were soon directed a Marcus. It was really sweet.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #11
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 212722
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

2010 vs. Georgia was when I realized the hype was real.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #12
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

bigduff the effort was incredible in that lsu game despite the paltry numbers. im still annoyed he didnt get another carry after the best 2 yard td run ever.

i'd go with 2010 georgia, his three 200 total yard games from his freshman season and then probably the alabama game. only 93 yards rushing but it was the only time in the ingram/richardson era that one opposing rb outgained both of them combined.

that 2012 georgia game i think is the only regular season game where gurley/marshall were outgained by one opposing rb too. thats total yards from scrimmage for both games mentioned.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #13
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

2010 UF will forever go down as his best.

But 2011 UGA is second.. Carried us on his back in the 2nd half. He had one run late in the second half where he broke a guys ankles on a cut ripped off 40+ yards. I believe the next play was the toss play for the TD?

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #14
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

Winning 11 games each of the last 3 seasons is quite remarkable.

I thought about the impact Marcus Lattimore had in games he played which naturally led me to wondering how in the hell we kept going when he went out with injuries.

Other people stepped in and produced but the gameplan was also adapted to the personnel the Gamecocks had available.

The same thing took place for those times that Connor Shaw got injured and either had to sit out or play diminished minutes and in a limited capacity.

This happened on the offensive line and the defensive side of the ball too with player suspensions, injuries and with players switching positions during the season.

In all that turnover and change, the Gamecocks were able to figure it out and keep going.

I do not know if I appreciated this fact and the consistency that I have seen throughout these recent years.

It is simply amazing.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #15
Take-a-Knee
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

2010 USC vs UF ... Poor Urban Meyer had to leave town after that beat down
Take-a-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #16
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I just finished watching this game (again) and never realized how many times Devin Taylor dropped back into coverage.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #17
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

The play just before 2:00 was vintage Lattimore. Gosh I miss that.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #18
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Just saying, Marcus had a great game against UF but Alshon Jefferey abused arguably the best cover corner in the game (in college at the time) Janoris Jenkins repeatedly.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #19
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I just finished watching this game (again) and never realized how many times Devin Taylor dropped back into coverage.
he and melvin ingram both got INTS from the DE position while they played at USC. I think Taylor even had a pick six. Makes you wonder why clowney didn't drop back more a few times. They wanted him going after the QB I guess but still.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:30 AM   #20
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
he and melvin ingram both got INTS from the DE position while they played at USC. I think Taylor even had a pick six. Makes you wonder why clowney didn't drop back more a few times. They wanted him going after the QB I guess but still.

Deke Adams had Clowney drop back in coverage a few times.

One of the last times he did it was this past season and it was during a nationally televised game.

I believe Adams got chewed out by the head coach, by Coach Ward and also got lambasted by the fans.

After that, Clowney did not drop back into coverage.

__________________________________________________ ________

This is the way if happens in my memory but it may not be accurate.