CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
b381l
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
usc1
gamecockgal
Gamecockfanatic4
B-G
smoovecock
StormOfTalons
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (874)
Spurrier vs Saban (865)
Kansas to invest $75 (783)
When does fall pract (739)
An Air Algerie Fligh (305)
Expect A Healthy Dos (288)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (279)
Anyone Switching to (279)
Darth Vader 'Vette (205)
Places to eat in Conway?
official UFC thread. (new
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Official WWE Thread
Spurrier vs Saban
college football match up
Coach's media golf press
Preseason Depth Chart
Signee James Thompson arr

View Poll Results: Student-Alumni-Just a Fan
Student 16 6.11%
Alumni 174 66.41%
Just a Fan 72 27.48%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #161
GamecockinBoulder
Recruit

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 2nd place in 2007 Bowl Pickem 
CockyCash: 500
GamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spurs
Default Re: Student/Alumni/ Or Just Fan?

Class of 1992!!!
Old 06-29-2014, 05:44 PM   #162
Wingman
Gamecock baseball fan

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPit

Class of 1974 - College of Science and Mathematics (Math major actually with a minor in Computer Science (as it was called way back then)). I'm too lazy to look, but has anyone posted an earlier date?

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #163
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Class of 2005. My brother was class of 2007, and my father got his MBA from the school in 1997.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #164
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Class of 1974 - College of Science and Mathematics (Math major actually with a minor in Computer Science (as it was called way back then)). I'm too lazy to look, but has anyone posted an earlier date?
Post #118 has you by 5 years.

I salute both of you fine gents.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:26 AM   #165
splinters
Recruit

Male

splinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervous

Class of 1996
splinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #166
Senior Rooster
Walk On

Male

Senior Rooster is learning to peckSenior Rooster is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
I was at Carolina for one semester back in 1985...... then I joined the Navy because I got my High School sweetheart pregnant. I also despise orange...... the only orange you will find in my house is orange juice! For this, I can thank my Uncle (An Alumni).... he took me to games in Willyb starting in 1978.

Even though I am not an alumni, I bleed garnet and black...... and would rather be at a Gamecock sporting event than anything else in the world!!! Started following Gamecock sports at the ripe age of 9..... remember many times of listening to a transistor radio, barely able to pick up a signal, just to follow the Gamecocks! Folks today have no idea how lucky they are! You can literally watch every game on TV or internet. Back then, you were lucky to catch a game......

Bottom line, I live and die Gamecocks..... and paid my dues with MANY lean years in the last 36 years I have followed the Gamecocks! And for those of you who are attending, or those that graduated from USC....... I truly envy you!

For me..... it's not an option..... it's a way of life! One I treasure!

At age 11 - 14 I sold drinks at the games and watched. At 14 I went to work full time. At 17 I served the next 4 years in the US Marine Corps. I attended and completed 4 classes at the USC, but had to find full time work. I am 63 for more than 50 years I have been more than a fan. Some years being a Gamecock was what kept me going.

Bottom line, I too live and die Gamecocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:25 PM   #167
DorchesterGamecock
Walk On

Male

DorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his claws

Alum! Class of 2012... and I miss it everyday.
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:53 PM   #168
greatwhitecock
Recruit

Male

greatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his combgreatwhitecock is developing his comb

I'm not a current student, nor am I an alumni. But to say "just a" fan doesn't do what I am or how I feel any justice. Between state pride, following the team since childhood, all the games where I just knew my Gamecocks couldn't lose but still found a way, and having to deal with condescending and arragont asses wearing orange afterwards makes me way more than just a fan. Especially with all the loot I've spent to have my butt in a seat at Willy B. I look great in the Garnet and Black. My ol'lady is an alum and it drives me crazy how she doesnt care about the sports programs at her own school. Not her thing. No worries though. I make up for it in spades. Let it be said that I am "The Fan!"
greatwhitecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:32 AM   #169
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

Student

Graduate in '16
Old 07-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #170
dan.man.44
Recruit

Male

dan.man.44 is learning to peckdan.man.44 is learning to peck

Class of 76, brother class of 75 and Law school grad in 78
dan.man.44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #171
carolinacocky
Walk On

Male

carolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talons

My wife is Class of '77... I, however, enrolled at the same time but crammed my undergrad studies into 5 1/2 years and graduated from USC in '78.
carolinacocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #172
eggroll
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50000
eggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talons

Class of 1982.5 - Squeezed an extra semester out of the old man... He promptly told me that was it and to get a job.
eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #173
mhamby
Walk On

Male

mhamby has hatched from the shell

alumni, class of 1992

also-a fan for life
mhamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #174
CockyFanForLife
Recruit

Female

CockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I did the same but graduated a year later. In the last year I added some education classes so I could teach. I bet we had some classes together.
CockyFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #175
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Class of 1984
College of Engineering
Old 07-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #176
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

Was a student from 2009-2011 but transferred. I was and still am 100% gamecock

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote