CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (826)
Call of Duty: Advanc (523)
Good Riddance to bad (456)
Keeping tailgate foo (316)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (288)
Bashing Players, coa (213)
An A to Z of Noah We (207)
The Comeback & T (206)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (97)
Wallpaper & Back (97)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 07-07-2014, 03:39 PM   #41
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit
Default Re: Realignment....winners and losers....

I like the idea of NC St and Okie St. They are not seen as the big boy of the state, much like A&M. Just a way to stick it to the other schools and boost those schools. I think A&M is taking over Texas slowly and thos two could as well.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #42
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

You would think NC State would want to come aboard, but every NC State fan I've ever talked to about this (total of 5) look at me strangely and can't understand why they would want to. I bring up everything we've talked about here, they scratch their heads and think for a minute, eventually admitting I am right. Then they follow with, "but that will still never happen."

I don't know why, but they are very loyal to the ACC as a fanbase in my limited experience with them.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #43
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
If I were to have my choice of two schools to add that made sense geographically and "tv footprint"-wise, I'd take OKst and NCst. They could ask aTm how they feel now about leaving their percieved "big" brother for the SEC. I think VaTech is still too tightly tied to UVa; if I remember right, there were some politicians in Virginny that lobbied hard to have the turkeybirds accepted into the acc so that they could form a true rivalry with the wahoos, that being said those two schools may have to be a package deal.
Playing off my suggestion the conference could go to 4 divisions:

OKst, aTm, Mizzou, LSU
Ol' Miss, Miss St, Ala, Aub
UK, Arky, Vandy, uTk
uga, uf, ncsu, USC

There would be the 3 divisional games each year, then 2 "permanent" rival games (to appease Ala/uTk, uga/Aub) then 3 rotating cross divisional games.
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #44
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
You would think NC State would want to come aboard, but every NC State fan I've ever talked to about this (total of 5) look at me strangely and can't understand why they would want to. I bring up everything we've talked about here, they scratch their heads and think for a minute, eventually admitting I am right. Then they follow with, "but that will still never happen."

I don't know why, but they are very loyal to the ACC as a fanbase in my limited experience with them.
I have always (jokingly??) said to 'Pack fans that they have been told what to do for so long by unc that they cannot think outside the box anymore on their own!
Anyway, out of the NC schools at this point in time, State would be my choice. I think unc/dook will not move, Wake/ECU isn't nearly the lucrative option that State is, and UNCharlotte isn't quite big enough yet (besides, would they garner the entire NC tv market like State would?).
Old 07-07-2014, 04:18 PM   #45
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
I have always (jokingly??) said to 'Pack fans that they have been told what to do for so long by unc that they cannot think outside the box anymore on their own!
Anyway, out of the NC schools at this point in time, State would be my choice. I think unc/dook will not move, Wake/ECU isn't nearly the lucrative option that State is, and UNCharlotte isn't quite big enough yet (besides, would they garner the entire NC tv market like State would?).
Does UNC Charlotte even have a football team? Maybe they do. But I haven't heard about it.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #46
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Does UNC Charlotte even have a football team? Maybe they do. But I haven't heard about it.
Yep, they do; however, as I stated they are not big enough.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/SportS...5&SPSID=590213
Old 07-07-2014, 04:30 PM   #47
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:

I think there is a few issues ... state really likes their old acc rivalries and traditions...i also think that state fans know they would be bottom dwellers for awhile and might struggle for a long time in the sec...also i think while state is not a "basketball" school bball is big up there and they would much rather be in the acc in bball .... ive been around a lot of state fans and i would say they are about 50-50 about wanting to switch back when it was more of a possibility ...they are very much like a&m in the fact that their rival seems to run the conference and the state and pack fans love to hate UNC but without UNC i think nc state fans would be lost
Old 07-07-2014, 04:33 PM   #48
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

Slive would murder for Unc and Uva. I think all of the public colleges are governed by a board in North Carolina and neither can leave without them approving it. Unc has more people on the board than nc state.. Go figure.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #49
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

With being said about NC State not wanting to leave the ACC, ECU would be the next best option for a NC school. They would be a bit more of a 'project' to get them up to SEC level. But it is a school with a huge fanbase that loves their football and tailgating.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #50
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

If you ever go on a V Tech board, they are happy with the ACC and don't want to leave.

UNC won't ever let NCSU leave.

WVU would add about 5 tv sets to the SEC network footprint, that would be a disaster.

Adding another Florida school adds zero tv sets for the SECN while dividing up the pie by another slice. That won't work.

The grant in rights has stabilized the ACC and they have a bitch-in-waiting in UCONN to offset another loss. I would expect the grant in rights to be renewed well before the expiration date, assuming that courts don't strike it down.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:59 PM   #51
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
With being said about NC State not wanting to leave the ACC, ECU would be the next best option for a NC school. They would be a bit more of a 'project' to get them up to SEC level. But it is a school with a huge fanbase that loves their football and tailgating.
We're not taking schools that are "projects" or ACC rejects. We'll take an ACC team or Big 12 or Big 10 team though. If it is not from one of those conferences you can forget it.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #52
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
If you ever go on a V Tech board, they are happy with the ACC and don't want to leave.

UNC won't ever let NCSU leave.

WVU would add about 5 tv sets to the SEC network footprint, that would be a disaster.

Adding another Florida school adds zero tv sets for the SECN while dividing up the pie by another slice. That won't work.

The grant in rights has stabilized the ACC and they have a bitch-in-waiting in UCONN to offset another loss. I would expect the grant in rights to be renewed well before the expiration date, assuming that courts don't strike it down.
1. Some VT fans say they are happy in the ACC and you think that represents all their fans and their athletic department? That's ridiculous.

2. WV would add more viewers to the SEC network than any NC school would. They have more football fans. So BS on what you said there. Also, it would increase the competition level which also helps ratings. Much sexier competition than a game against ECU or Not Carolina that no one is really going to see as a "much watch game."
Old 07-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #53
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:

NC State is another basketball school. They don't get that football is king, or they don't care.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:22 PM   #54
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockjay View Post
Way off base IMO... I think WV has a population of just under 2 million while NC has about 9 million... UNC or NC State would deliver those homes to the SEC network and add millions to the bottom line.
I don't care what NC's population is. They don't watch football! If you take NC State, you aren't getting UNC fans, Duke fans, Wake fans, East Carolina fans, App State fans...You are just getting a fraction while WVU dominates their state. WVU fans are everywhere there a good bit here in Myrtle beach. There are some WVU bars in surfside. I go to some times.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #55
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
I like the idea of NC St and Okie St. They are not seen as the big boy of the state, much like A&M. Just a way to stick it to the other schools and boost those schools. I think A&M is taking over Texas slowly and thos two could as well.
A&M will not take over Texas.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:14 PM   #56
Take-a-Knee
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

UNC sucks
Take-a-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:26 PM   #57
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
UNC will never be in the SEC.
I think they will pick the Big 10. However, the SEC would take them in a heartbeat. Duke or UVA as well.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #58
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

There is no way we get an NC school, ever. They are in collusion. The SEC wants that market, but they will never get it. They'll have to look elsewhere for expansion.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #59
Take-a-Knee
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

I'd prefer UVA & NC St but I don't think it would ever happen .. Great field fodder for us , LOL
Take-a-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #60
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

what the hell are you all discussing....are these fantasy goupings.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote