CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
Cocks N Stuff
ConwayGamecock
Sandstorm29
Gamecocks1137
Cockypantherfan
Lonnie
CoverTwo
cockybreeyan
Travelin
Wilds & Carson B (1266)
Marquavius Lewis (1158)
How Long Will The Re (766)
Restaurant musts in (603)
S & F article on (361)
So, why is next year (352)
Brad Lawing USC / Fl (304)
Spurrier Says " (226)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (176)
'Lord of the Rings: (133)
Wilds & Carson Back f
So, why is next year goin
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
2015 - Mark Fields
2015 - Jeremiah Dinson -
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10"
Marquavius Lewis
The Vent and Coaching cha
How Long Will The Rebuild
2015 Commitment - Dexter

Old 07-03-2014, 01:38 PM   #61
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: NBA offseason thread, draft 6/26, free agency 7/1

Bosh needs a change in location.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #62
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

change in location and/or change in identity. he's getting pushed way too far out of the paint. the 3 point shooting is a nice option but hes spending way too much time out there. i dont think miami needs a ton of additions. what they need is for lebron and bosh to be the main two options and bosh to get consistent touches in the high or midpost. the heat dont need a 10 million dollar pg or center. battier(2011) and allen (2012) didnt cost them a ton and i dont think they win either title without those signings.

i agree that bosh could thrive elsewhere too. bosh could be an option for some of these teams currently going after carmelo.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #63
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Bosh and his lack of endorsements (relative to LeBron and Wade) need to go to a team that can pay him more than Miami.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #64
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Bosh, IMO, is a small market player.

I think he needs to get into a system/team similar to Portland or Indiana.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #65
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i think he could thrive in a number of places. the bulls have a euro pf coming in thats supposedly the best player in europe, but bosh would be great there playing next to noah. actually playing power forward and getting consistent touches as at least the 2nd option would do him wonders.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #66
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material

The Bulls also have Taj Gibson and are interested in Pau Gasol. They've been linked to so many big names this offseason that I'm curious to see who they actually end up with. Their first big step will be getting rid of Carlos Boozer, his trash game and his big contract.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:50 AM   #67
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Bosh and his lack of endorsements (relative to LeBron and Wade) need to go to a team that can pay him more than Miami.
That's why Bosh and Wade should have kept their Miami deal. Neither one them will get paid as much next year as they would have if they had stayed in Miami. And if Lebron left they could get a decent 1 & 3 for the 20+ million LBJ is going to cost and probably have had a better team.
YouCanNeverTell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #68
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell View Post
That's why Bosh and Wade should have kept their Miami deal. Neither one them will get paid as much next year as they would have if they had stayed in Miami. And if Lebron left they could get a decent 1 & 3 for the 20+ million LBJ is going to cost and probably have had a better team.
Yeah, nobody in their right mind would pay Wade a fraction of what he was making in Miami. He's not worth anywhere close to it.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #69
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 866
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Maybe Bosh should look at a team like Phoenix. The Suns are young and deep on the perimeter.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #70
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Houston offers Bosh max money today. I don't see how he can pass that up.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #71
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

I also saw where Gasol to OKC is a real possibility. That would be a huge get for them.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #72
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

OKC would be favorites...I hope Durant gets out of there at some point.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #73
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Yet again, it's looking like it's going to be a disappointing offseason for Chicago. The fact that GarPax could put together two stars in Rose and Noah with some other high quality guys like Gibson and Butler but not take that last step to make an actual contender in a city like Chicago .... it's pretty frustrating. They should have known from the start that they wouldn't have the money to make an attractive pitch to Melo. A trade for Love should've been priority #1 from the start. I'm just hopeful that Mirotic actually pans. Maybe they can entice Gasol to come over as a backup for Noah. But I'm doubtful that any of the big free agents end up in Chicago at this point. They've known for 4 years that they need to bring in other scoring help for Rose (even pre-injury) and they've done nothing to cure that issue. The Bulls window to compete for championships is beginning to close and the time to rebuild again is going to be here before you know it.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:17 PM   #74
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Add Gasol to the Thunder and they are nearly unguardable
Old 07-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #75
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Am I the only one that thinks Gasol has not much to offer? At this stage in his career, he is not so great on defense. Also, I don't think he will give you more than 20 to 25 minutes a game.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #76
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 866
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Gasol has not much to offer? At this stage in his career, he is not so great on defense. Also, I don't think he will give you more than 20 to 25 minutes a game.
I think he still has something left. He still averaged 17.5pts and 9.7reb last year.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #77
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

gasol's defense has sucked of late, but he was playing for d'antoni last year. you pair him up with noah in chicago or in okc with ibaka and i think he can do damage. if he went to okc i'd still expect scott brooks to mess it up, but having a post option and a big who can pass would be huge for them offensively. halfcourt offense wins titles and that should make them consistent in the halfcourt.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #78
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Colin Cowturd had an LA radio guy on earlier saying that LA originally had plans to try and get Melo and Lebron to join Kobe this year, and that they were going to go after coach K with silly money with the backing of Time Warner Cable. I think that ship has sailed obviously, but that would've been a hell of a way to end the coach K saga. I'm glad LA is struggling though.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #79
carolinafan53186
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

I know the current view is that lebron is returning to Cleveland but I just don't see it. He knows what he has in Miami, and I don't think Cleveland has that security.

Feels like a heart versus head decision.

I just hope lebron isn't leading Cleveland on again like last time. Cleveland would be dumb if they have done all this work to make space if they don't have assurances that he's coming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #80
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

What does he have in Miami?

I'll take a group of Wiggins Waiters Kyrie etc over a failing Wade (Bosh is probably taking the max deal in Houston)
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote