CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
WeStillOwnUSC
Gamecocks1137
MountainCock
El Cid Ranger
thekob
kingoftheroost
taylorssc
GarnetSwarm1990
Regalcock
Skai Moore out for U (1098)
Troubles in Tigertow (795)
TN game weather (789)
Lebron makes Clevela (693)
Who is your favorite (645)
Cockaboose Video (478)
Marvel releases movi (319)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (295)
FSU vs. Louisville (227)
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ S (191)
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Lebron makes Cleveland re
2015 Commitment - Arden K
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
2016 - Kyran Bowman - Nor
Who is your favorite play
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers

Old 07-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Car wreck today

Was about to turn on the street I live on, and started my turn when a pick up truck rear ended me at about 35-40 mph. Spun me all the way around, totaled my car. Just had my brakes fixed yesterday, (New Ones put on) now this happens. My luck sucks. Just figured I would share, aside from sore backs everyone in the car was ok, just me and my fiance. Worse part was the guy who gets out of his truck and acts like it was my fault. People smh
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Re: Car wreck today

glad you are ok

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #3
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Glad you're ok but please get checked out medically. As a therapist I know the people that are involved in MVA's do better when getting treatment early.

Expect musculoskeletal pain and soreness of a heavy nature for several days.
Good luck!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Thanks guys and I will be seeing my doctor in the morning. Also when I get the police report tomorrow morning, hopefully they provide us with the photos they took, because neither of us had our cell phones on us at the time.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Both of you need to definitely get checked by your doctors. Injuries from being rear ended often don't show up for several hours. Be careful and watch yourselves tonight. Should you start to feel nauseous, disoriented, or numb, get someone to take you to the ER like right then.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #6
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
Both of you need to definitely get checked by your doctors. Injuries from being rear ended often don't show up for several hours. Be careful and watch yourselves tonight. Should you start to feel nauseous, disoriented, or numb, get someone to take you to the ER like right then.
Thanks Swamp, I will keep that in mind. I have been monitoring mine, and my neck seems to feel a little stiff, my lower back doesn't hurt per say, it's just I don't know, it feels weird. Im just worried about what my insurance will cover, I am trying to get a rental car, but it being so late, there is nothing we can do, and the police seem uncooperative, just want us to come in tomorrow morning for the report before we even know the other guys name driving the truck. Something doesn't sit right with me.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:04 PM   #7
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Quote:
Something doesn't sit right with me.
Just take it easy tonight. You can worry about everything after you've seen your doctor. And if it comes down to needing the services of a lawyer, there are a number on this board who can point you in the right direction.

Scotland Forever

Old 07-07-2014, 10:04 PM   #8
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

was the other driver uninsured?

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #9
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Of course it's your fault. It's never the guy's who caused the accident :-\

Hope it all works out medical/insurance/car replacement-wise
Old 07-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #10
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

WHY DID YOU STOP AT A RED LIGHT?!?!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #11
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
was the other driver uninsured?
I don't know and won't know until tomorrow. I can pick up the police report I was told by the cop interviewing us. I ask the cop for the other drivers name and she would not give it too me. Said I had to wait until I got the police report tomorrow morning.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #12
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Of course it's your fault. It's never the guy's who caused the accident :-\

Hope it all works out medical/insurance/car replacement-wise
Thanks Jersey, I just hope it isn't a hastle getting a rental car. Have never been in this situation where the car was in such bad shape.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:43 PM   #13
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

Who is your insurance with, and have you contacted your insurance company yet? Depending on who you are with, they may be able to get to work overnight. However, you may have to wait for the police report, and some photos of the scene and your car may be needed.

Scotland Forever

Old 07-07-2014, 11:50 PM   #14
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Well, if it makes you feel any better, my credit card was stolen today by a 10 year old at the camp I work at. He used it to buy fruit snacks or something from the vending machine.

Bad day for Cockytalk members lol. Hope everything works out with your truck.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:42 AM   #15
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Thanks guys and I will be seeing my doctor in the morning. Also when I get the police report tomorrow morning, hopefully they provide us with the photos they took, because neither of us had our cell phones on us at the time.
but the police did arrive at the scene of the accident.....did he write either of you a ticket......did he give you anything showing your court date. Don't take an aching back lightly.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:49 AM   #16
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
but the police did arrive at the scene of the accident.....did he write either of you a ticket......did he give you anything showing your court date. Don't take an aching back lightly.
They gave us nothing. I don't know what he gave to the other guy, I was just worried about our own but no ticket was issued. The instructions I was given was to show up to the police station tomorrow morning, or today for that matter, to get the report, but I could not get any information regarding the other driver.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:14 AM   #17
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Well, if it makes you feel any better, my credit card was stolen today by a 10 year old at the camp I work at. He used it to buy fruit snacks or something from the vending machine.

Bad day for Cockytalk members lol. Hope everything works out with your truck.
Serious question, what can the police do about that? Anything? Did you report it? I know it sounds harsh, but if the kid has had a history of stealing, the sooner he learns his lesson, the better.

Sorry to hear about the car accident, hope it all works out OK.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:37 AM   #18
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
They gave us nothing. I don't know what he gave to the other guy, I was just worried about our own but no ticket was issued. The instructions I was given was to show up to the police station tomorrow morning, or today for that matter, to get the report, but I could not get any information regarding the other driver.
That sounds really sketch. Where do you live?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:48 AM   #19
cocktailtime
Walk On

Male

cocktailtime is sharpening his clawscocktailtime is sharpening his clawscocktailtime is sharpening his clawscocktailtime is sharpening his clawscocktailtime is sharpening his claws

Quote:
This is very sketchy. I can tell you from my 2.5 years as an Insurance Adjuster (bodily injury and rental coordinator) you should have recd and FR-10 at the scene. This is a financial responsibility form that lists you info and the other drivers. It also have a contributed to the collision part that the officer will circle yes or no on. The actual police report with a narrative is called the TR-310.

For the Rental coverage, if you purchased rental reimbursement thru your insurance company, go ahead and start it with them and if the other party accepts lia, they will pick up the tab. JUST DONT GET A LUXURY CAR, something that will get you from a to b.

If you were rear-ended and did nothing wrong it should be cut and dry. I always advise to file with your insurance company in case there is under-insured issues. The state minimum is 25K for Property damage and 25K per person for Bodily Injury. You want to find out if you purchased what is call Medical Payment coverage on your policy. If so, and you are not at fault, you can double dip on your med bills (paid from the other party and from your insurance). Again, this is an optional coverage so you may not have it. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or just post to this thread.

THIS WILL ONLY APPLY IF THE ACCIDENT HAPPENED IN SC!!!
cocktailtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #20
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

not to get off topic, but a local veterinarian here in town had an accident this past weekend in Georgia in which his wife died...really sad but the kicker was that since he was at fault for failing to yield (in an area that he was unfamiliar with) he was charged with vehicular homicide according to the local paper. Whether the charge sticks or not, everyone here locally assumed he was drunk but it was not the case...based on that info, I will never drive someone through Georgia...is that a law in all states? An automatic arrest if you kill someone in your car due to an accident that is your own fault?
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote