CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
smoovecock
Lonnie
b381l
l^l^lBGCock
kick_ball
The Yancey
Lalli25
thekob
etowngangsta
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPUR (3397)
Rebutting Dabo's Ran (2623)
Starting Lineup Anno (1855)
Cant believe no one (1834)
We Have to Pass (919)
Suspicious sign-in a (807)
Poster on another si (687)
Spurrier weekly pres (636)
eric berry may have (396)
Two Gamecock women a (306)
Why has there been 40 yea
How is Shaq Davidson's re
SEC referees?
Comparing Results Of Comm
USC/clemson spread
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
The Defense
Bowl projections
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,000
Odell Becham Catch

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 09:13 PM   #21
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Darian Roseboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Do we even have room for this guy? We already have 3 DE's committed, with Lewis and Sawyer still to come. You mentioned in another post how we're only taking 2-3 DE's.
he's a DT long term......he is too good not to go after....he would also fit really well on the outside in a 3-4.....
Old 06-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #22
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I saw a tweet earlier from one of the Rivals guys that said Darian knows three teams that will make his top five. Don't know if we fall in to that category or eventually will, but we were one of the teams mentioned. Hopefully his good visit jumps us in to the conversation.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:20 PM   #23
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Do we even have room for this guy? We already have 3 DE's committed, with Lewis and Sawyer still to come. You mentioned in another post how we're only taking 2-3 DE's.
Keep in mind Lewis could be a 1 year guy and Sawyer a 2 year guy. Of course that would mean they are playing at a very high level but these JUCO's imo should be considered a short term luxury.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:29 AM   #24
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Keep in mind Lewis could be a 1 year guy and Sawyer a 2 year guy. Of course that would mean they are playing at a very high level but these JUCO's imo should be considered a short term luxury.
That could certainly happen. We've had a ton of JUCO's my lifetime & I can't think of a single one, off the top of my head, who stayed 1 yr & left for the NFL although I'm sure it's probably happened. The vast, vast majority don't do so because the 1st year is typically a year to get their feet under them & generally they work their way into the rotation as the year progresses if at all. Point is, it would be very atypical. Even Jasper Brinkley returned for his Sr season (twice, med RS) after being named All-SEC after his Jr yr.

DJ Jones has already stated he wanted to play 1 yr & move on. We'll see how that pans out for whoever he signs with.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #25
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
That could certainly happen. We've had a ton of JUCO's my lifetime & I can't think of a single one, off the top of my head, who stayed 1 yr & left for the NFL although I'm sure it's probably happened. The vast, vast majority don't do so because the 1st year is typically a year to get their feet under them & generally they work their way into the rotation as the year progresses if at all. Point is, it would be very atypical. Even Jasper Brinkley returned for his Sr season (twice, med RS) after being named All-SEC after his Jr yr.

DJ Jones has already stated he wanted to play 1 yr & move on. We'll see how that pans out for whoever he signs with.
I think it depends on the quality of the player. If they request a letter from the NFL and get high grade, it all likelihood their gone. So if Lewis and Sawyer are as good as advertised, we're only getting them for 2 years. This is another huge reason why it's so important for kids to be able to go to prep school......they stay for 3 years.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #26
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think it depends on the quality of the player. If they request a letter from the NFL and get high grade, it all likelihood their gone. So if Lewis and Sawyer are as good as advertised, we're only getting them for 2 years. This is another huge reason why it's so important for kids to be able to go to prep school......they stay for 3 years.
Doesn't matter how good Lewis is. He already used a RS year & will have only two years eligibility left after completing this season at Hutchinson. He will have 2 to play 2.

And of course it depends on the quality of the player. But my experience tells me a JUCO is no more likely to leave after his Jr year for the NFL than a 3 yr player who is enrolled as his original school. Actually I think they're less likely but I have absolutely no stats to back that up. As stated above, I couldn't name 1 JUCO at USC who left after 1 year for the NFL. I challenge anyone to name 3 in the history of the school. Not saying it can't be done but I'd be highly impressed with the poster who could do so.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #27
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Doesn't matter how good Lewis is. He already used a RS year & will have only two years eligibility left after completing this season at Hutchinson. He will have 2 to play 2.

And of course it depends on the quality of the player. But my experience tells me a JUCO is no more likely to leave after his Jr year than a 3 yr player who is enrolled as his original school. Actually I think they're less likely. As stated above, I couldn't name 1 JUCO who left after 1 year for the NFL. I challenge anyone to name 3 in the history of the school. Not saying it can't be done but I'd be highly impressed with the poster who could do so.
Off the top of my head:

Cam Newton

Coredelle Patterson

I can't think of a 3rd off the top of my head, but google will give the answer.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 07-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #28
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Off the top of my head:

Cam Newton

Coredelle Patterson

Is this Darian Roseboro thread? Great info but...
Old 07-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #29
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Off the top of my head:

Cam Newton

Coredelle Patterson

Yeah, see above. I was talking about at USC & immediately edited my post to reflect that since maybe it wasn't clear even though I stated "in the history of the school".

Back to Roseboro, normally I would like USC's chances of beating NC State on a guy they really wanted IF he decides to stay in the region. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of information on this guy given his talent level to draw much conclusion as to how this thing is likely to turn. Insiders overwhelmingly have him going to Michigan so I'll go with that for now. But I've found that anytime a player is leaning toward going to school that far away that as the time gets shorter the reality of the distance starts to set in. Sometimes it's a game changer, sometimes it's not. But it's quite common for doubt to enter into the equation.

I think USC has a puncher's chance.

Last edited by conwaycock2; 07-01-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #30
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

Named a top six. Did not include USC
Old 07-07-2014, 10:40 PM   #31
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Named a top six. Did not include USC
Maybe that visit wasn't so great after all.

Disappointing.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #32
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I would say this is disappointing, but we weren't even in his Top 10 a month ago, so I'm not shocked.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 07-08-2014, 02:42 AM   #33
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster'srule View Post
Is this Darian Roseboro thread? Great info but...
yes, but all the posts indirectly affect Roseboro....
Old 09-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #34
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29792600
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material
Default Darien Roseboro

..maybe I'm spelling his name wrong, but I couldn't find a thread on him, and I'm sure I remember seeing one on him earlier.

4-star DE from NC, just saw on Yahoo sports that he decommitted from Michigan, wants to be closer to home. And he apparently is an early enrollee.

Anyone have any idea if we could get back in the mix with him? Apparently he decommitted and went to the NC State/FSU game.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #35
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1015010
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb
Default Re: Darien Roseboro

4-star with nice measureables; 6'4" 284lbs with a 4.64 40......

http://247sports.com/Player/Darian-Roseboro-22881
Old 09-30-2014, 01:19 PM   #36
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Darien Roseboro

I think he'll probably go to NC St.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:57 PM   #37
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Visited this Summer and cut us soon after.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #38
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Committed to NC State.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Closed Thread