CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
thekob
Roosterboy
Bed Sores
markp_vip
TheUniversityofSC
dixiecock
l^l^lBGCock
COCKYTALKIN
Order 66
Conflict with Aggies (5023)
Skai Moore not start (3686)
New JK Video Imminen (2002)
Spurrier on a&m (1731)
Kyle Carpenter to le (1508)
Old Footage from WB (1004)
Michael Sam Headline (828)
Finbaum Jogs on USC (766)
Centerplate CEO, Des (562)
Defensive Backfield (441)
If Special Teams...
(1) Texas A&M ticket
One of the great things a
Death in the family
Lay's Potato Chip Flavor
The Field
Who's cooking what for Th
Official SEC Network and
Kyle Carpenter to lead Ga
Old Footage from WB (then

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 11:24 PM   #141
StormOfTalons
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 - D.J. Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
The go upstate site allows only a handful of free visits per month. Try his sportstalksc site at http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/category/recruiting/.
I've read this type of comment more than once here and elsewhere and I never have understood it.

I have NEVER had any problems reading ANY AND EVERYTHING Kornblut posts on the GoUpstate site...I read his updates daily so I am reading MANY articles per month and have never run into any issues with limits or anything like that.

Maybe I'm just lucky or awesome...not sure. LOL!

Or maybe it has something to do with the browser I run and the ad blocking extensions I use...not sure.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #142
StormOfTalons
4-Star

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

But now that I see how the articles are laid out on the SportsTalk site I will probably start reading them there from now on. I like how they don't require an extra click for every article you want to read...they're all just there on a page and you can scroll through them without a bunch of click-click-click-click.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #143
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
DT will be a huge need post-2015. Dixon Jr and Dukes are gone due to eligiblity, Surratt is gone after this season, and who knows what will happen with Lamin and Griffin. If their productive they could be gone as well.

Personally I was hoping we could sign a DT from high school this cycle, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.
I was actually hoping we had a shot at Roseboro, but that doesn't appear to be the case now.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #144
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
I've read this type of comment more than once here and elsewhere and I never have understood it.

I have NEVER had any problems reading ANY AND EVERYTHING Kornblut posts on the GoUpstate site...I read his updates daily so I am reading MANY articles per month and have never run into any issues with limits or anything like that.

Maybe I'm just lucky or awesome...not sure. LOL!

Or maybe it has something to do with the browser I run and the ad blocking extensions I use...not sure.
Do you incognito?
Old 07-08-2014, 01:02 AM   #145
StormOfTalons
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Do you incognito?
Nope.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:16 AM   #146
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
we have 7 solid DT on our team.......none in the 2015 class.

1 SR
2 JR
3 SOPH
1 RS FR

yeah but next year

2 SR
3 JR
0 SOPH
2 FR

One more would be nice to make up for that gap for reloading as opposed to rebuilding. DE? We seem like we got them already for this class.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:37 AM   #147
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
yeah but next year

2 SR
3 JR
0 SOPH
2 FR

One more would be nice to make up for that gap for reloading as opposed to rebuilding. DE? We seem like we got them already for this class.
who is the DT.....
Old 07-08-2014, 03:33 AM   #148
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

This coming season we have:

1 RS SR (Surratt)
2 RS JR (Dixon Jr., Dukes)
2 RS SO (Green, Lamin)
1 SO (Griffin)
1 FR (Stallworth)

Plus possibly another incoming FR in Wideman IF he can make it in, and IF he's used at DT ultimately (he has always wanted to play DE but will come in around 280 as a TR FR)

So for 2015 if all the above make it in, and all the above don't forgo any eligibility after 2014:

2 RS SR (Dixon Jr., Dukes)
2 RS JR (Green, Lamin)
1 JR (Griffin)
1 SO (Stallworth)

Plus possibly SO Wideman....

Does it seem to anyone else like it does to me that Deon Green has been in the program already for 5 years lol? And he's only a rising RS Sophomore this season. The coaching staff always has nothing but good things to say about Deon, but so far it hasn't translated on the field. He could still be one where the light comes on and he's suddenly a big producing for us. Hopefully it happens soon...
Old 07-08-2014, 10:53 AM   #149
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Regardless of the depth at his position, I'm just saying that if i'm a recruiter and see how this kid acts and talks I would pass on him and move on to the next. "whoever pays me the most attention" "whoever says they want me the most"... it's not about him being the center of attention, it's about going to a school with one goal. Do everything that you can do to better the team and help them win ball games.

I know i'm not a recruiter or expert so you can knock my opinion all you want. I just would have a high character, humble kid who is ready to come to school and prove himself worthy of the attention than somebody like that.

Proceed with the disagreement...
Old 07-08-2014, 11:04 AM   #150
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
who is the DT.....
Milton?
Old 07-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #151
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Milton?
Milton is the Center, he is why we told Hatton that if he was going to come to SC, he would be playing Guard after Milton committed.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 07-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #152
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Milton?
We recruited him as center.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #153
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduff32 View Post
Regardless of the depth at his position, I'm just saying that if i'm a recruiter and see how this kid acts and talks I would pass on him and move on to the next. "whoever pays me the most attention" "whoever says they want me the most"... it's not about him being the center of attention, it's about going to a school with one goal. Do everything that you can do to better the team and help them win ball games.

I know i'm not a recruiter or expert so you can knock my opinion all you want. I just would have a high character, humble kid who is ready to come to school and prove himself worthy of the attention than somebody like that.

Proceed with the disagreement...
A bunch of great players have egos and have gone on to have great careers. some have had egos, and didn't have great careers. If DJ has a ego, but performs really well in garnet and black, nobody will care about his ego. I get that he wants to go somewhere that recruits him hard and wants him the most, that probably means they are really in need of him. It's good for these guys to go where they are needed rather than be the 5th 4+Star DT a powerhouse team signs, b/c they always bring in top shelf talent.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #154
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Ah, listed as a DT. So we have less DT than I thought.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:53 PM   #155
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Kahlil McKenzie 5* DT committed to Tennessee today....doesn't this help us with DJ.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #156
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

Absfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his claws

Incognito.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:10 PM   #157
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Kahlil McKenzie 5* DT committed to Tennessee today....doesn't this help us with DJ.
They will still push for DJ, maybe not as hard, but IMO it will help us.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #158
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
Incognito.
what.....
Old 07-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #159
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
They will still push for DJ, maybe not as hard, but IMO it will help us.
I read today that Jones' family wants him to stay in state.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:28 PM   #160
StormOfTalons
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
Incognito.
Richie?
Closed Thread