CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
18IsTheMan
garnet_black215
ccured
IBleedGarnetandBlack
NinjaSven
cockyguitar
GH
FanofCarolina1
Badazcock
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1414)
My Observations Abou (1244)
Step back from the l (1095)
My outside view (847)
How far do we fall.. (654)
Shon Carson at KR (598)
Fearless predictions (387)
Who else wants to se (326)
What's your take on (309)
Jacoby Brissett form (281)
Who else wants to see Con
Kelcy and Victor Hampton
NFL cuts
Gurley lined up to take U
Shaq Roland
David Williams??
How were the Aggie fans a
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Look how Bobo is utilizin
My Observations About USC

Old 08-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #41
tkousc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly
Default Re: BPL

Geez. Tough draw for my Gunners. We can get through I think. Napoli shouldn't be as good.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #42
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkousc View Post
Geez. Tough draw for my Gunners. We can get through I think. Napoli shouldn't be as good.
Napoli will be a very good team this year. You need to fear them. Hamsek will thrive under Benitez's system. He had two goals in their first match this year.

Arsenal has the group of death. Quite honestly, I don't think they will survive. I think Dortmund and Napoli will come out of that group.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:27 AM   #43
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Quite honestly, Madrid will still struggle. Sure, they will contend with Barcelona for La Liga. But everything they touch these days is crap. Yes, Ronaldo is a great player. Yes, Bale has the potential to be. But just because you spend a lot of money doesn't guarantee titles (see the Yankees).

I think Madrid is just bad right now - from management on down. They don't have bad players. They don't have a bad team. But karma wise (or whatever you want to call it), they don't win anything any more. Even Mourinho was a bust there and he's succeeded everywhere. Problems with Iker, Ronaldo, etc. It wasn't him. It was something much bigger than him that is leading to Madrid's failures. I can't put my finger on it or explain it but something is wrong with Madrid.

Even with Bale, I don't think they will win. I can't explain why but there is something not right about Madrid. They've even started this season with struggles and I just don't believe in them as an organization. Something just hasn't felt right with that club in years (and that's very evident in the recent turmoil and lack of titles).
Madrid is all marketing, but epl fans have not saying on this, Chelsea started all these crap trying to buy everybody, ManCity followed, these clubs have no history, they came out of nowhere trying to buy everything.

Mourinho couldnt win the CL at Chelsea, so he is not as great as he think he is .

I like watching Madrid because of the level but like I said before, I kinda gave up on European soccer, is just too predictable for my taste, we all know who are the teams that are going to win.

CL is gone be Bayern, Madrid or Barca.

Every other league we know who is going to win it too.

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:32 AM   #44
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkousc View Post
Napoli got Callejon, Albiol and Higuain from Madrid, they will be strong.

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #45
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons
Default BPL

Mesut fvcking Özil!!!!

To bad we didn't sign a proper striker though. Giroud can't keep this form up forever sadly, and I am quite butthurt the yids got Eriksen for cheap. He hasn't performed up to his hype but he is still young and has time on his side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #46
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

I don't want to even consider joining the #MoyesOut crowd yet, but what in the good cow-tipping hell was Moyes doing up until transfer day? He openly chased Fabregas all summer knowing good and well that he wanted to stay at Barcelona, and then he panics and goes and gets Fellaini. I'm perfectly happy with the Fellaini signing, but he approached it in a way that Les Miles would approach an end-of-game situation.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #47
USC-Hokie
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 700
USC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his comb

First, I HATE that United got Fellaini. He is one of my favorites right now. That said, I don't think he will win them the league but he will make that midfield solid.

Second, City had a great window. Got a lot of players who aren't just big names, but are great talents.

Finally, a team I have disliked for a long time now, Tottenham I think had one of the best windows ever. I may actually watch them with Parker and Bale gone. If only they would drop Lennon and Defoe they might be one of my favorite teams in the league. Their midfield is so young but so talented.
-Dembele, Paulinho, Holtby, Sigursson, Capoue, Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli, Townsend are all so sick.
-Selling Bale was the best business in the world. Buy a ton of young talent.
-Very servicable defensive line with 2 great keepers and a third with a ton of experience.
-They might have the weakest strike force outside of Arsenal in the top 7, that will be their downfall.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #48
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Ugh, BPL just irks me, its EPL, EPL! lol
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #49
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons
Default BPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC-Hokie View Post
-Dembele, Paulinho, Holtby, Sigursson, Capoue, Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli, Townsend are all so sick.

Eriksen, Paulinho, and Lamela are all players that could become great the others are just ok IMO

-Selling Bale was the best business in the world. Buy a ton of young talent.

It really was for them but on the flip side it also helped there biggest rival as well

-They might have the weakest strike force outside of Arsenal in the top 7, that will be their downfall

I have to agree both Spurs and my Arsenal team have below avg attackers but Atleast we have scored from the run of play this season hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #50
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

As an Arsenal man, I was disappointed we didn't get another striker. We need bodies up top, especially with Podo out for 3 months. I really wish Mourinho wouldn't have blocked the loan transfer for Ba. I also think we need more depth in the back. The one place we DIDN'T need help was in the midfield.

That said..... YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY OZIL!!! OMFG so happy this happened. We got embarrassed losing out on the likes of Suarez, Gustavo, Higuain, and Benzema, and we got one of my favorite young players to watch. Super excited about this
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #51
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I've been watching a bit of the Premier League on the new NBCSports the past couple of weekends and I gotta' say it is fairly interesting. I like listening to the scottish announcers and trying to make out what the hell they are saying. If they increased the goal sizes by say 50% and got the scoring up a little to where most games were say 3-1 and a high scoring match was say 5-3, I could really watch this.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #52
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
I've been watching a bit of the Premier League on the new NBCSports the past couple of weekends and I gotta' say it is fairly interesting. I like listening to the scottish announcers and trying to make out what the hell they are saying. If they increased the goal sizes by say 50% and got the scoring up a little to where most games were say 3-1 and a high scoring match was say 5-3, I could really watch this.
Man City should be your team then. When they are on try and watch them. Usually score 3 goals a game
Old 01-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #53
eggroll
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50000
eggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
Man City should be your team then. When they are on try and watch them. Usually score 3 goals a game
Or Liverpool...
eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:23 PM   #54
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

Bump for this thread since it is now starting to get into transfer season. How about my Gunners about 85% wrapping up Debuchy and Sanchez. I am praying to the gods above that these two are the first of many signings this window!!!! Also as a side note Pool lose the player that got them 2nd place this year!! Going good so far for me how about your team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk