CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
taylorssc
GamecockSuperFan
zcockz
KaneisAble
DTGCOCKS#32
ShutTheSuccop
The Yancey
Pw00132
HBC Weekly Presser (1470)
Thompson Has Neck In (1269)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (656)
What fish do you eat (621)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (538)
KY Suspends 4 Player (537)
Clowney didnt get ma (507)
4th & 1 Play (449)
Request (307)
Out of the top 25
So What?
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
Cleaned up version: SEC E
One player could have cha
Clowney didnt get married
2015 Commitment - Jaire A
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
4th & 1 Play
QB Recruiting Strategy

Old 07-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #61
eggroll
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50000
eggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Do you need advice on picking a Premier League team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
The buzzfeed quiz said I should be a Liverpool fan.
The gq one really didn't give much because I didn't really identify with any of their 10 slides.
The one ColaCock just posted matched me at 100% for Everton, Tottenham Hotspur, and West Ham United.

Gotta love online quizzes.
Awesome...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/wh...ld-you-support

Got Everton even though I'm a Chelsea fan...
eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #62
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggroll View Post
Guzan was at SC between 2003 and 04.

I think Guzan has been Howard's international team understudy for 12 years now. That's sorta like when Fritz Hollings served in the Senate for 36 years and was the junior senator from SC.
No he hasn't.

Guzan began play with the US senior team in 06.

Guzan was not a part of that 06 World Cup team and even in that year the starter was Kasey Keller.

He really didn't start backing up Howard till about 08.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #63
eggroll
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50000
eggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
No he hasn't.

Guzan began play with the US senior team in 06.

Guzan was not a part of that 06 World Cup team and even in that year the starter was Kasey Keller.

He really didn't start backing up Howard till about 08.
Optimal word... "think". I'm wrong. My bad. Sue me. ;-)
eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #64
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Ha! My girl always tells me I have huge teeth and could bite the sh!t outa someone. Me and Suarez might get along. haha
Sorry for your girl...

Old 07-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #65
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I started watching the EPL a few years ago. At the time, Chelsea was the up and coming team. They didn't have a lot of history but they were exciting to watch. I loved their style. I liked the make up of the team. I loved the passion of the crowd. I can't tell you why I was drawn to the team but the more I watched the EPL, the more I liked Chelsea.

3 or 4 years ago, I got a couple of Chelsea jerseys. I learned to despise Man U because I hated Ronaldo and the arrogance of Alex Ferguson (I refuse to call him 'Sir'). When we lost the Champions League Final to Man U in the rain when Terry missed the penalty, I was bummed. When we won in a little over 2 years ago, I got tears in my eyes. I was so happy and excited when Drogba converted.

I can't tell you all the reasons why I'm a Chelsea fan. I don't always agree with the things they've done, like every player, or agree with Abramovic's decisions. However, I do love the team.

I also love Barcelona. Their football has been beautiful. I first watched them play in 2006 in the Champions League Final. I saw them play in person when I visited Barcelona in 2007. So those are my two favorites teams.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #66
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
Everton would probably be the biggest choice for most of you tbh. Everton plays a style of Soccer that resembles the Spurs a good bit. They are a very like able club. They have always been a team just on the outside looking in on the top 4. Came oh so close this year but glad they didn't make it or my beloved arsenal would have been out of Champs League. If I wasn't so attached to Arsenal Everton would certainly be my club.

If by chance you guys do start to get an interest in Everton watch out for Ross Barkley 21-22 yr old in midfield that will light it up this upcoming year for them. If Martinez brings in a few more pieces I see them fighting for top 4 again!! Would love to see them knock Chelsea or Pool out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Nureye and SRP...I'll give Arsenal and Everton a look.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #67
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

OK, so what TV package do I need to actually watch the league.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #68
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Why do you say that about Chelsea fans? I haven't been to a match there but have been a fan for a few years (even got a couple of jerseys). It's definitely a VERY nice part of London (doubt any of us could afford to live there) but curious to learn more about the fans. I'm sure there have been some bandwagon fans the last few years but what makes them so bad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Chelsea, before they were bought out, were a working-class team. They had some of the worst hooligan elements in London behind Millwall and West Ham. The bandwagon fans are not the issue.

Let's just say I've had a few run-ins over there with them.
Spot on, Nureye. Chelsea has always been my favorite team in England, but they have a lot of hooligans. A lot.

I lived in SW London for 18 months and saw first hand. This back in 2000-2001. I was just outside Stamford Bridge one day less than an hour before kick-off and the cops on horseback were relentless. I was with my wife and 1 year old in his pram at the time. We made our way to the Tube as fast as we could. We had no idea a match was on that day. I still like Chelsea the team, but there are teams in London with better fans. However, I wouldn't let that stop me from supporting them. All teams in the UK have their fair share of hooligan fans.
Attached Images

Last edited by Travelin; 07-03-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #69
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
The basic cable package should be good. All games come on NBCSN
Old 07-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #70
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
As long as you have NBCSN you are good.

I have the most basic verizon fios package.

I'm not sure if it was just a first season thing (this is the first year the EPL was on nbc) but outside of the main game on nbcsn I also had other channels that showed up on Saturdays that showed all the other games being played that morning.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:11 PM   #71
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

Did anyone see the 30 for 30 on Tottenham that premiered tonight (White, Blue, and White) Covers a cool part of the club's history, although I haven't actually seen it yet.

http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=whiteblueandwhite
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #72
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
I'll bite:

- I despise the Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers, and any team that gathers a bandwagon following after a string of success...with winning being the only connection that fan has to the team.

- I don't always pull for the underdog, but I enjoy seeing teams that have suffered in the past have a good year...i.e. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pirates/Reds win the World Series, the Lions/Chiefs in NFL, sometimes along those lines. It makes it easy for me to pull for a team like the Rays, they do a lot with a little.

- With that same breath, I can't stand mediocrity year after year: Cubs, Jets.

- Can't stand to see one player dominate a team...on the field or in headlines. Or teams that constantly load up the best players to make a run for a championship.

- Having American ties and players would be nice.

- Most people wouldn't care, but a good brand identity would be nice to see.

- Maybe I prefer a team that attacks more and is about offense more than defense. Don't get me wrong, seeing Tim Howard defend all those goals is nice...but I respect the ability for that offense to attack much more. USMNT was boring on offense and I don't think I could stand that much, I enjoyed offenses we played against (Germany, Ghana, Portugal) and felt we scored off luck a bit rather than skill. I'd rather see a 4-3 game than a 1-0 or 0-0 game any day. This isn't usually the case for me in football.

I have the Tampa Bay Rowdies in my area, but I've never went to a game before. Anyone know much about them? I know the MLS franchise failed here years ago.

I took this test: http://www.selectsmart.com/premier/ but will wait to see what you guys think before I tell the results.
Liverpool and Man City both play very attacking styles. They both scored over 100 goals last season. Liverpool has an American owner John Henry, Fenway Sports Group. Of course as a Liverpool fan I'm biased, but I really think they have become the most exciting team to watch since bringing in new Manager Brendan Rogers 2 years ago.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:08 PM   #73
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I started watching the EPL a few years ago. At the time, Chelsea was the up and coming team. They didn't have a lot of history but they were exciting to watch. I loved their style. I liked the make up of the team. I loved the passion of the crowd. I can't tell you why I was drawn to the team but the more I watched the EPL, the more I liked Chelsea.

3 or 4 years ago, I got a couple of Chelsea jerseys. I learned to despise Man U because I hated Ronaldo and the arrogance of Alex Ferguson (I refuse to call him 'Sir'). When we lost the Champions League Final to Man U in the rain when Terry missed the penalty, I was bummed. When we won in a little over 2 years ago, I got tears in my eyes. I was so happy and excited when Drogba converted.

I can't tell you all the reasons why I'm a Chelsea fan. I don't always agree with the things they've done, like every player, or agree with Abramovic's decisions. However, I do love the team.

I also love Barcelona. Their football has been beautiful. I first watched them play in 2006 in the Champions League Final. I saw them play in person when I visited Barcelona in 2007. So those are my two favorites teams.
Jeremy, what do you think of the Suarez to Barcelona talk from a Barcelona fan perspective? He's obviously one of the top strikers in the world, but it's a risky move with all of his baggage. As a Pool fan I will hate to see him go for what we will lose, but it will be a relief to not have him constantly shining a negative light on the club with all of his bs.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #74
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Jeremy, what do you think of the Suarez to Barcelona talk from a Barcelona fan perspective? He's obviously one of the top strikers in the world, but it's a risky move with all of his baggage. As a Pool fan I will hate to see him go for what we will lose, but it will be a relief to not have him constantly shining a negative light on the club with all of his bs.
Sanchez going to Liverpool who's a great player, I wouldn't be too worry about it. Sanchez is a little less than Suarez but more flashy and exciting to watch.

Looks like DiMaria is heading to Manchester too, Madrid people are so stupI'd, I may start watching epl since DiMaria is one of my boys, he plays harder than anybody and he is good af too.

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #75
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
Sanchez going to Liverpool who's a great player, I wouldn't be too worry about it. Sanchez is a little less than Suarez but more flashy and exciting to watch.

Looks like DiMaria is heading to Manchester too, Madrid people are so stupI'd, I may start watching epl since DiMaria is one of my boys, he plays harder than anybody and he is good af too.

Might want to rethink that Sanchez statement. Looks like it's all but locked up for my Gunners to get him now!! Plus as a bonus pool looses the player that single handedly carried them last year to 2nd place!!!!

Old 07-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #76
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Might want to rethink that Sanchez statement. Looks like it's all but locked up for my Gunners to get him now!! Plus as a bonus pool looses the player that single handedly carried them last year to 2nd place!!!!

Suarez didn't even play the first 8 games last season, and he had a little cold spell later in the season. So, I don't think it is fair to say he single-handedly made Pool's season.
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #77
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

Take Suarez out of the Premier League and Liverpool still has the top scorer. Take away Suarez's 31 goals last year and Liverpool still outscores every team in the PL other than Man City and Chelsea. Sanchez would have been a nice replacement though. He should do well for Arsenal.