CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
kingoftheroost
Badazcock
thekob
cockfight21
ChickenButt
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
gadeneer1986
Build a New Stadium (1811)
Four UK Players Susp (1677)
Connor Shaw's fault. (935)
Nosovitch (689)
400 pasing yards (649)
This program has no (583)
Defer Or Not? (566)
Funny? (492)
KY Suspends 4 Player (351)
What fish do you eat (285)
Cleaned up version: SEC E
2016 - Tavien Feaster
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
Build a New Stadium
HBC Weekly Presser
Thoughts on the basketbal
State talent drying up
Women's golf leading afte
Request
Yeti roadie 20 qt

Old 07-07-2014, 01:38 PM   #61
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material
Default Re: New Sign at Williams Brice

You don't think the "Green Stripe" will raise his ugly head this time around do you?
Old 07-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #62
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Pride View Post
I may be wrong about this but I believe that even though the school is public, the athletics budget (including all these renovations) is payed for entirely out of revenue which it makes and private donations, not tax dollars which fund the rest of the school.
Which only really means, I don't get a say in how the school spends the money they get from the government who took it out my pay check. Either way they are getting money from taxpayers and should value their opinions.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #63
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Back on topic, what's the progress of it.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:48 AM   #64
Rebel4ever
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Hopefully the sign down the middle side below the new sign will be an SEC title sign. Key word here is sign. 👍
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:54 AM   #65
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Which only really means, I don't get a say in how the school spends the money they get from the government who took it out my pay check. Either way they are getting money from taxpayers and should value their opinions.
By your logic, everyone who pays SC taxes should have input on our facilities, including Clemson fans and other miscreants.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #66
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz Khalifa View Post
Look at other teams stadiums that have a brick exterior: FSU, Alabama, TAMU, Michigan. They're's looks great bricked and Williams Brice would too. That in my opinion is what is missing from WB.
I'm personally not a big fan of bricking. I feel like it makes the stadium look very rigid and old fashioned. I don't really like the appearance of any of those stadium exteriors except for Bama and Bryant Denny does not appear to be heavily bricked- just a lot of brick accenting IMO.

That said, bricking does make it look "nicer", but I would like to see us go another route, if possible.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #67
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
By your logic, everyone who pays SC taxes should have input on our facilities, including Clemson fans and other miscreants.
Yep, they have their right to say their opinion too. No one has to listen to them, but that is not the point. I am sure Clemson fans would like more escalators put in WB as well so they can make it to their cars faster when they visit.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #68
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd803 View Post
The vast majority can't afford $4.59 a month? Not an accurate statement at all. The fact of the matter is that UGA/UF and even Clemson have more support from their donors. I think people need to realize that when suggesting things like spending millions of dollars to put brick on something. Beastboard was paid for with 100% private donations, so if you want the stadium to look much better, my advise would be to donate and to get everyone you know to do the same. I think that was what was trying to be stated.

To me it is just very interesting to hear someone say that are a huge fan, see them have nicer stuff than a bunch of people, but not figure out a way to give either the University itself or the GCC $10-$20 a month to support. Not saying anyone is better for joining the GCC, but please don't tell me that they can't afford $5 a month or more to support the school/team they "love" even if they don't buy tickets.
i can't give them $5 a month because I deserve my $5 a day Starbucks habit dammit
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #69
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
I'm just saying that the money they are getting from tax payers is not paying for anything they are doing in terms of athletics...so while I'm sure the school values opinions from all tax payers in terms of what they do academically and in terms of on campus improvements, however, I would think that when it comes to athletics and facility improvements they would tend to care a lot more what the donors and those that pay for these projects have to say
Old 07-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #70
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

[quote=Carolina Pride;4197825]I'm just saying that the money they are getting from tax payers is not paying for anything they are doing in terms of athletics...so while I'm sure the school values opinions from all tax payers in terms of what they do academically and in terms of on campus improvements, however, I would think that when it comes to athletics and facility improvements they would tend to care a lot more what the donors and those that pay for these projects have to say[/QUOTE]

I am sure they do, but they should at least appreciate a little bit the opinions of the tax payer too who are also supporting their public university. As they might be people that could also show up to games and buy tickets and pay for the SEC Network... etc...
Old 07-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #71
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
I am sure they do, but they should at least appreciate a little bit the opinions of the tax payer too who are also supporting their public university. As they might be people that could also show up to games and buy tickets and pay for the SEC Network... etc...
That's silly. Since no tax funds go towards the athletic department, every tax payer does not have a say. It's not as vague as you're trying to make it seem.

Feel free to contact your elected official. That's your representation. Oh, wait, it looks like you don't even live in this state. So, you don't get a say regardless. Let me know how much headway you make with FSU's and UF's athletic department.
thekob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #72
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

I had what, I think, is sort of a novel thought for updating the look of the stadium. Bear with me here and try to follow my long-winded explanation to envision what I'm picturing.

Bricking could be cost-inefficient, and banners or garnet paint could end up looking tacky or just unattractive depending on execution. So long as it spruces up the appearance, I'm all for it. But bricking and signage seem to be either just adding spot coverage or simply inconsistent with the appearance of the stadium. My idea, I think, retains the feel and history of the stadium while modernizing the look in a cohesive, attractive and potentially cost-efficient way.

What about a glassed in, more modern look to go over that stretch of the stadium above (or even all around)? It could also be lighted behind such glass panels. In certain spots, as desired, smaller video boards could also be substituted for simple lighted glass panels if you wanted to display montages, still images of players, videos, advertising, etc.

I think that could be very cost-effective, attractive, modern and could be pretty easily achieved. It would also be a pretty unique looking stadium.

It would also be consistent with the glass-looking lighting elements of the new video board and the building underneath it (a major problem with the idea of bricking the stadium - there you'd have to do all or nothing or it would end up looking awful). See the pictures below of the 2006 Master Plan artist renderings showing what the exterior of the north end zone would have looked like glassed in like that. Also below that are images of the glassy features I'm referencing in the video board and building (and the press box) which I think would give this style of renovation a cohesive feel throughout the stadium.

GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #73
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
i can't give them $5 a month because I deserve my $5 a day Starbucks habit dammit
You deserve that little treat... don't let them make you feel bad for it.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #74
GarnetBlackAttack
Recruit

GarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
It's already painted in some places. Now it just looks unfinished.
Where is it painted?
GarnetBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:51 PM   #75
GarnetBlackAttack
Recruit

GarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
This is way over the top, however, I do like the idea at each entrance to the stadium sporting some kind of garnet overhang or canopy.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #76
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetBlackAttack View Post
Where is it painted?

Also inside the ramps.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #77
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:

Athletics budget isn't funded by your tax dollars. The athletic budget often gives money to assist the academic side of things. You can gripe about the bricks they decide to replace on the Horseshoe or something, but you are picking the wrong fight here.

Not sure what you are trying to get at.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:29 PM   #78
GarnetBlackAttack
Recruit

Quote:

Also inside the ramps.
That's not paint on the outside of the stadium, just to clarify.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #79
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetBlackAttack View Post
That's not paint on the outside of the stadium, just to clarify.
what is it? a wrap of some kind?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #80
topcock77
Walk On

Male

topcock77 is learning to peck

Really cool, love it!
topcock77 is offline   Reply With Quote