CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
SMOTFS86
B-G
doubledribble
GregoryHouse
gamecockgal
JaxcockFL
crowcutta
Has the window close (1012)
Bruce!!! (850)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (728)
Kentucky is dominati (658)
Question for those w (595)
UFC Fight Night 58: (429)
It's that time of ye (229)
**USC vs. Coker GAME (200)
Going to the Duck Bo (196)
This one gets better (187)
Madden Connected Franchis
The Vent and Coaching cha
Decommitment from Texas A
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
My early Monday dinner .
SOLID OAK ENTERTAINMENT C
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
official UFC thread. (new
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota

Old 07-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default July 4 holiday cooking

What you got? A long weekend leaves lots of time for cooking. This is what I have been doing.

I kicked it off Wednesday with black pepper and blue cheese smoked sausages. I cut them in half lengthwise, put them in buns, made up some broccoli Cole slaw, pita chip cups with dips, mixed olives, and bourbon marinated and grilled peaches.

Since I did dogs on Wednesday I did burgers on Thursday. It was storming so I had to cook inside. I got meatloaf grillers from Publix. They mix half of their in house meatloaf with half ground chuck and form into patties. They are very large and a half patty was all we needed each. I added additional seasonings and fried them over heat in come rendered bacon fat. I wanted the outside blackened but the inside mostly uncooked. After draining I made a braising liquid of beef broth, Dijon mustard, Worseshitonfire sauce, tomato paste, and the red wine we would be drinking, an Elki Syrah. I let the burgers finish cooking in that over a bare simmer. Meanwhile I made a bacon grease sauteed mushroom Bearnaise sauce and some 5 cheese garlic bread. I placed some diced tomato, chopped red onion, and the crumbled bacon on the toast. The burgers went on top of that and the mushroom sauce covered all. I served that with some of the leftover slaw, Alexia tater tots, and a fresh tomato slice marinated in a Caesar dressing and topped with fresh basil and avocado and a slice of Buffalo mozzarella. I ran that under the broiler to bubble up the cheese a bit.

I made strawberry shortcakes for dessert. Instead of my usual Italian ones made with red wine I made this with this ale. It was a lighter effervescent version that was nice on such a hot and muggy day.

On Friday I was too busy with fireworks and such and prepping the food for Saturday so I didn't cook much. Curly's roast beef was on BOGO at Publix as well as a good variety of mashed taters. Heated the beef in the leftover mushroom sauce. I added some bread, and Old Bay seasoned roasted asparagus and spinach dip. More strawberry shortcake.

So what is it I am doing today? Ribs it is! I had a couple of racks of good St. Louis style ribs in the freezer. Thawed them and rubbed them and they are now doing a 3-2-1 in the smoker. That is 3 hours of smoke (I am using cherry wood), 2 hours in foil with a some of this liquid, and an hour back open in the smoker to firm back up. I'll let yo know how it turns out. What are y'all eating?

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #2
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: July 4 holiday cooking

I ate pizza...

But tonight or tomorrow we are going to hit the grill. Haven't decided what to grill yet but maybe burgers, steak, or BBQ chicken and have some grilled vegetables with it.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

Yesterday was pork tenderloin marinated in soy, oil, garlic, red wine vinegar and dry mustard; grilled to a nice medium rare to medium. We had corn casserole and caesar salad with the pork and a spinach hummus dip for the app. The ladies had pina coladas by the pool before dinner and the men had Sierra Nevada pale ale and Longboard ale before, during and after the meal.

Today will be teriyaki and lime salmon on the grill with roasted red taters, grilled zucchini/ tomato skewers and a beet salad. Key lime pie for dessert. Haven't decided on drinks. Suggestions?
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

My first 4th away from the South. I was depressed about it, so I ordered Chinese in defiance. Turns out this Chinese place is amazing. I had a huge combo platter with some Bud heavy, and I gotta say, it was a great way to celebrate America.

Today headed to a friend's place for burgers on charcoal. Adding honey and Sriracha to the meat, topped with cucumber and cilantro and mayo.

Tomorrow doing Dutch Oven pork shoulder for some pulled meat and cornbread.

Bud heavy for the kitchen area.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #5
cocksfan4ever
Cock of the Lake

Male

CockyCash: 4311755
cocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot material

Grilled dogs and Salty Dogs.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #6
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

It was my dad's birthday. I ate all beef natural casing hot dogs, ring bologna, kielbasa, and baby back ribs. There was some pasta salad with salami in it. Not for me. Chocolate cake and lemon pie for desert.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #7
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1999829275
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Makes me sooo hungry
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:41 PM   #8
MB_Gamecock
Mudda Fricka

Male

CockyCash: 510886789
MB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot material

Yesterday, hotdogs on the grill. Some browned, some burnt to a perfect crisp.
Tonight, lowcountry bowl with crawdads.
MB_Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #9
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Ya these things are amazing.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #10
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Made about 3 pounds of beef hash and ate every bite myself.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #11
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

This is what they looked like plated.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote