CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Badazcock
b381l
Gamecockswag
cocksmith1or11
kingofnerf
NAGamecockFan
The Yancey
Travelin
conwaycock2
Freshman ND WR " (1144)
Good Riddance to bad (602)
The Comeback & T (528)
Bashing Players, coa (464)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (400)
Keeping tailgate foo (389)
ESPN Game Day Commen (294)
An A to Z of Noah We (277)
TeMarcus Blanton (250)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (247)
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Why I think we beat Aubur
Rest of the season predic
Simple "yes" or
Battlefield 4
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Auburn game
Rank the QBs under Spurri

Old 07-09-2014, 09:59 PM   #101
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material
Default Re: Johnny Cocaine

this makes me sad if its true. i want to see the guy succeed and i hate to see anyone drown in addiction.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #102
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcclane View Post
this makes me sad if its true. i want to see the guy succeed and i hate to see anyone drown in addiction.
All the hard working athletes out there and you want this douche to succeed?

When did you get your degree from A&M? J/k
Old 07-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #103
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Are people really so dumb that they think anyone who uses alcohol or drugs recreationally is an addict? Good god, people. Get a grip.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #104
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

What, none of y'all's family own an oil franchise? This kid could've retired from football after college and still had more money than most NFL players. He was raised with no limits. It's not gonna stop. We just need to stop caring about it and watch Connor Shaw rise to the top.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:17 AM   #105
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
that was a pretty cheap shot. the man married his high school sweetheart not some whore he met on a one night stand...the same girlfriend he had when he went undefeated at home and had only 1 interception and 24 touchdowns his senior year.
Johnny Football won the ****ing Heisman trophy, was drafted in the first round, but got drunk during offseason, and didn't get a girl pregnant.

In the contest b/t Connor Shaw and JFF over the last 24 months: Winner...Johnny ****ing football.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:22 AM   #106
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Photoshop.
Lol really?

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:27 AM   #107
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
You can laugh, time has yet to tell who has the better pro career out of those two. But of course that's an interesting example, how about Andrew Luck? Safe to say he had some cash to spend? Safe to say he was a big deal in Indy? You can even consider Bortles I guess, since he was taken this year in the top 3, 19 spots before Johnny.

The point was pretty simple, there are several other guys who are loaded after going into the league and very recognizable, yet these stories aren't floating around about them.
I've seen Andrew Luck pretty drunk out at Houston bars a couple of times.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:29 AM   #108
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Truth is a lot of kids in their early 20s get drunk and do things like drugs (OMG, addicts!). The world wouldn't be nearly as fun without trying different things.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #109
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Johnny Football won the ****ing Heisman trophy, was drafted in the first round, but got drunk during offseason, and didn't get a girl pregnant.

In the contest b/t Connor Shaw and JFF over the last 24 months: Winner...Johnny ****ing football.
You come off as a moron. Congrats.
Storm Of Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:33 AM   #110
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
You come off as a moron. Congrats.
The guy is a moron because he said something you didn't agree with? A little immature, don't you think?
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:35 AM   #111
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Are people really so dumb that they think anyone who uses alcohol or drugs recreationally is an addict? Good god, people. Get a grip.
If you are referring to me, try reading some more about him before you so badly miss the point:

Quote:
They're (Manziel's parents) concerned. Paul thinks Johnny drinks to deal with the stress. After his arrest, Johnny's parents and Sumlin mandated he visit an alcohol counselor; Johnny saw him six or seven weeks during the season. About the only place they still see the real him is on the football field. Mostly what they see is the emotional byproduct of whatever is chewing him up inside. "I don't know where the anger comes from," Paul says. "I don't think he knows. If it comes from his drinking, or if he's mad at himself for not being a better person when he fails, when he fails God and his mom and me. If it makes him angry that he's got demons in him. You can only speculate because you can't go in there."]
http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?s...e.com%2F%22%7D

Are his own parents good enough sources for you guys? He was mandated to see a counsellor for his alcohol use, meaning he has had problems with it before to the point the team required specialized care. Did any of you read this before you just chalked it up to boys being boys? If not, do your homework then come back to the conversation.

His dad worries about getting a midnight phone call his son is in jail and some of you can only say Johnny F---ing Football. So he drinks to deal with the pressure of A&M, I am sure there won't be ANY pressure in the NFL right? It cant compare with College Station right? Those comparing him to Connor, that's just sad. Connors parents don't worry about their kid being in jail, how does that score for Johnny F---ing Football?

It was with this article in mind I made all my posts. Believe what you want, I think the kid is in for a serious crash if he doesn't get help.

Last edited by trapper82; 07-10-2014 at 01:46 AM.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:42 AM   #112
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Oh no, he's out partying!

Remember when he did this in college? All he did was win a Heisman trophy.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:23 AM   #113
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
The guy is a moron because he said something you didn't agree with? A little immature, don't you think?
Yep...that's exactly it.

SMDH.

BTW...are you the board Opinion Monitor? I want to make sure who I need to run mine by in the future before posting.
Storm Of Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:06 AM   #114
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Yep...that's exactly it.

SMDH.

BTW...are you the board Opinion Monitor? I want to make sure who I need to run mine by in the future before posting.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #115
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:

In all fairness we have no idea if Manziel got anyone pregnant.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #116
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Who doesn't like a little pick me up?
Bump. :)
Old 07-10-2014, 10:15 AM   #117
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

i am sorry but i just cannot feel sorry for someone who God has given so much talent to that chooses to ruin his life. let him party as much as he wants. wise people have tried to right this ship and he scoffed at them. if he bombs out...too bad. there are too many good kids out there busting their butts who understand that they are blessed with the talent only God could give them to play the game they love. connor is no saint. he knows that but he is making the best of his situation. he is not going to squander it on foolishness.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #118
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm not trying to criticize Connor, but to act like Connor is a saint, while pegging JFF as the second coming of Ryan Leaf is, at best, hypocritical.

JFF gets drunk and parties? Ohhh sinner!!

Connor knocked up his GF? That's OK, we all know he's a fine, hard-working young man.

A lot of folks need to take off their garnet glasses.

And a lot of people dont think comparing Connor getting his long-time, committed gf (fiance, now wife) pregnant to JFF's partying, assumed cocaine use, different-girl-every-weekend, borderline alcoholism (based on the article written about a year ago with quotes from his family that paint that picture) would be a fair comparison.

I'm one of those people.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:21 AM   #119
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
In all fairness we have no idea if Manziel got anyone pregnant.
He aint claim it doe and he aint wife it.

#Winning
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:23 AM   #120
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
cocaine is one of those drugs that very rarely consumed "responsibly"

Afterall...'Cocaine is a helluva drug'
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote