CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
gamecockgal
B-G
thekob
Spurticus
GarnetSwarm1990
MWard
Aggie96
uscjeremynca
markp_vip
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
SOS Dominating SEC M (629)
Jaguars Justin Black (509)
Kansas to invest $75 (471)
When does fall pract (445)
Spurrier vs Saban (351)
George Harrison Memo (223)
An Air Algerie Fligh (153)
Songs that Didn't ma (139)
Anyone Switching to (118)
Official SEC Network and
Preseason Depth Chart
When does fall practice s
Kansas to invest $75 mill
Texags
2015 - Amonte Caban
Jaguars Justin Blackmon A
iPhone repair
3-4 defense my interpreta
Spurrier vs Saban

Old 10-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #21
Braveguy06
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 has feathers coming inBraveguy06 has feathers coming inBraveguy06 has feathers coming in
Default Re: 2016 - Avery McCall

Still just a soph. I'm sure he will gain a little more height and weight.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #22
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Class of 2016 quarterback Avery McCall (Dillon, S.C.) already has an offer from in-state South Carolina. He’s an intriguing prospect who is built more like a defensive back or running back. His arm is good, however, and he could just be one of those outliers at the position
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/North-C...ke-Camp-185626

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #23
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

He needs to keep working on passing but he's already good to go when it comes to running it. Nice quick release on his throws.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #24
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Dillon junior QB Avery McCall (6-2 195) will be one of the hot signal-callers in the state the next two seasons. He’s coming off an injury plagued sophomore season in which he led the Wildcats to the 2A state championship. McCall already has several offers but is not rushing the process. “Right now he’s just concentrating on us, trying to get better,” Dillon coach Jackie Hayes said. McCall has offers from USC, Clemson, Tennessee, East Carolina, North Carolina, LSU, Ohio State and NC State. Florida State has shown strong interest this summer and wants him to come down for a camp but McCall has not expressed strong enough interest to warrant a trip Hayes said. USC has been reported as a favorite but Hayes said he can’t confirm that. “He hasn’t said that to me. I do know he likes them a lot but he’s not gone in there and said that’s where I’m going to school yet.”
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...lcolm-garrett/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 07-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #25
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #26
lchite4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
lchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comb

And we're recruiting him as an ATH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lchite4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #27
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchite4 View Post
And we're recruiting him as an ATH?

I would assume us recruiting him as an ATH just means the coaches aren't sure where he will fit in best. With him working on his passing I'm sure they aren't just writing him off as a QB.
GarnetSwarm1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #28
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

He can absolutely play QB in college. I hope this doesn't end up being a Drew Barker-esque situation where we put our eggs all in one basket.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:01 PM   #29
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
He can absolutely play QB in college. I hope this doesn't end up being a Drew Barker-esque situation where we put our eggs all in one basket.
Nah we're going hardest after McIlwain from what I can tell.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:28 PM   #30
StormOfTalons
Recruit

Male

StormOfTalons has developed his gaff and talonsStormOfTalons has developed his gaff and talonsStormOfTalons has developed his gaff and talonsStormOfTalons has developed his gaff and talonsStormOfTalons has developed his gaff and talonsStormOfTalons has developed his gaff and talonsStormOfTalons has developed his gaff and talonsStormOfTalons has developed his gaff and talonsStormOfTalons has developed his gaff and talonsStormOfTalons has developed his gaff and talonsStormOfTalons has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Nah we're going hardest after McIlwain from what I can tell.
I may be wrong but I think that might be what he's talking about.

Hoping that we don't put all our eggs in the McIlwain basket only to lose out on him and McCall.

He can feel free to correct me if I am indeed wrong...but that's the way I read it.
StormOfTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:44 PM   #31
lchite4
4-Star

Male

lchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comb

He has the same measurables as Lorenzo Nunez, and is in fact ranked higher in his class than Nunez is in his. I just don't understand the go after 1 QB recruiting philosophy of Mangus. 2013 we strike out on Hack and land Mitch, so it worked fine then. But 2014 we miss on Barker and, no offense to the young man, settle for Scar. It's fine to go for McIlwain but to put all out eggs in on him and possibly miss the boat on McCall would be a mistake, IMO.

lchite4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:46 PM   #32
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I've heard that it was his height that was causing us not to offer as a QB. Has he grown any over the last year or so....at most I think he's 6'0"

Last edited by b381l; 07-09-2014 at 11:57 PM.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:53 PM   #33
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchite4 View Post
He has the same measurables as Lorenzo Nunez, and is in fact ranked higher in his class than Nunez is in his. I just don't understand the go after 1 QB recruiting philosophy of Mangus. 2013 we strike out on Hack and land Mitch, so it worked fine then. But 2014 we miss on Barker and, no offense to the young man, settle for Scar. It's fine to go for McIlwain but to put all out eggs in on him and possibly miss the boat on McCall would be a mistake, IMO.

It's still early. I think there will be a number of QB at the showcase, perhaps including McCall. It will give Magnus a chance to see them up close.The QB is the only position that there's only 1, except center, and there is some crossover between center and guard....so it's hard to go after more than 1 top level QB.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:39 AM   #34
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
I may be wrong but I think that might be what he's talking about.

Hoping that we don't put all our eggs in the McIlwain basket only to lose out on him and McCall.

He can feel free to correct me if I am indeed wrong...but that's the way I read it.
^this is what I meant, you are correct.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:16 AM   #35
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I've heard that it was his height that was causing us not to offer as a QB. Has he grown any over the last year or so....at most I think he's 6'0"
I've seen him listed at 6'2 somewhere and I know he is listed as 6'1 on 247. His Hudl has him at 5'11. So who know's for sure. Shaw was only 6 foot as well and as we all know he was a dang good QB.
GarnetSwarm1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:28 AM   #36
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Manziel is 5'11.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:31 AM   #37
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
I've seen him listed at 6'2 somewhere and I know he is listed as 6'1 on 247. His Hudl has him at 5'11. So who know's for sure. Shaw was only 6 foot as well and as we all know he was a dang good QB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Quote:
Dillon junior QB Avery McCall (6-2 195) will be one of the hot signal-callers in the state the next two seasons. He’s coming off an injury plagued sophomore season in which he led the Wildcats to the 2A state championship. McCall already has several offers but is not rushing the process. “Right now he’s just concentrating on us, trying to get better,” Dillon coach Jackie Hayes said. McCall has offers from USC, Clemson, Tennessee, East Carolina, North Carolina, LSU, Ohio State and NC State. Florida State has shown strong interest this summer and wants him to come down for a camp but McCall has not expressed strong enough interest to warrant a trip Hayes said. USC has been reported as a favorite but Hayes said he can’t confirm that. “He hasn’t said that to me. I do know he likes them a lot but he’s not gone in there and said that’s where I’m going to school yet.”
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...lcolm-garrett/
In this thread.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #38
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

6'2? Shaw was how tall? I'm pretty sure his offer is legit...
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:57 AM   #39
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Austin Kendall would be the next on the board if we lost out on McIlwain.

McCall's offer is as an ATH.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 07-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #40
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Yeah, that was the same exact thing we told an instate QB a few years ago.

And what did this "too short" QB accomplish at GT?

First Team Consensus All American
Winner of the Davey O'Brien National QB Award
Runner Up Heisman Trophy Award
First QB in NCAA D1 history to top 10,000 yards with 1,500 yards rushing.

Not saying McCall will be the next Joe Hamilton, but offering him as an ATH is a slap in his face. It's about the same as the coaching staff telling McCall he isn't good enough to be recruited as a QB for USC, but we would like to still offer you, even though you have never played another position except QB, because we don't want people in Dillon to be mad at us since it's been such a good pipeline for USC players.
jayceecock is offline   Reply With Quote