CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MWard
sanford
b381l
75CarolinaFan
TAFC 5 1981
WeStillOwnUSC
U-Dub Gamecock
Aggie96
gamecockgal
spareparts
Sidney Rice Retiring (1163)
A good friend of min (570)
Dan Patrick Show - P (532)
ESPN Insider (432)
Pictures of older Co (376)
Places to eat in Con (221)
Bonefish Grill (211)
SOS Dominating SEC M (168)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (164)
This Song is the F'i (148)
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Another A&M aggie off
Texags
ESPN Insider
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Ace suspended 4 games
Places To Eat In Beufort
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Christian Pellage

Old 07-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #121
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: Johnny Cocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
i am sorry but i just cannot feel sorry for someone who God has given so much talent to that chooses to ruin his life. let him party as much as he wants. wise people have tried to right this ship and he scoffed at them. if he bombs out...too bad. there are too many good kids out there busting their butts who understand that they are blessed with the talent only God could give them to play the game they love. connor is no saint. he knows that but he is making the best of his situation. he is not going to squander it on foolishness.
Again, he did these same things in college and won the Heisman.

So far, he has done NOTHING but dominate his competition on the field, win the highest honor in college football, and get drafted in the first round of the NFL draft, while living this way.

If he is ruining and squandering his life then DAMN- I NEED TO GET ON THAT.

Let's be real, people don't like him because they are either:

A. Jelly*

B. Bible-beating tee totaler

C. Both A and B

*The people who are jelly will not admit it, in fact they will argue that they aren't until they are blue in the face... and to be honest, most of them probably don't even realize or believe that they are jelly... but dey jelly doe. So, please save your breath.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #122
A. Pilgrim
4-Star

Male

A. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post

So far, he has done NOTHING but dominate his competition on the field, win the highest honor in college football, and get drafted in the first round of the NFL draft, while living this way.

A. Jelly*

C. Both A and B

*The people who are jelly will not admit it, in fact they will argue that they aren't until they are blue in the face... and to be honest, most of them probably don't even realize or believe that they are jelly... but dey jelly doe. So, please save your breath.
So, there's not another option?

Maybe people dont like douchebags? And, yes- JFF appears to be the quintessential douchebag.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:30 AM   #123
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
cocaine is one of those drugs that very rarely consumed "responsibly"

Afterall...'Cocaine is a helluva drug'
How do you have such intimate knowledge of cocaine use? Cocaine is one of the most common recreational drugs. A party drug. People who are strung out on the streets are doing crack, meth, heroin, etc.... not cocaine. For one, it's too expensive. There are plenty of people who take the occasional bump now and then to keep going when they are partying who are far from addicted, or even what I would classify as a habitual user.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #124
A. Pilgrim
4-Star

Male

A. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudly

Quote:
How do you have such intimate knowledge of cocaine use? Cocaine is one of the most common recreational drugs. A party drug. People who are strung out on the streets are doing crack, meth, heroin, etc.... not cocaine. For one, it's too expensive. There are plenty of people who take the occasional bump now and then to keep going when they are partying who are far from addicted, or even what I would classify as a habitual user.
"There's a time and a place for everything...and its called 'college!'"
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #125
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
You believe that? You really think that the security at a Nike event doesn't know who Johnny Manziel is? With all his TMZ and ESPN coverage, 75% of the country knows who that little troll is.

Yeah I do in this case.

Look, the guy has problems, but he wasn't doing anything wrong in the case where he was asked to leave the field. They simply didn't know who he was. It's possible that the folks that asked him to leave don't follow sports like you and I and may not have recognized the face. This is the only time I think he hasn't been at fault, however.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:39 AM   #126
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Yeah I do in this case.

Look, the guy has problems, but he wasn't doing anything wrong in the case where he was asked to leave the field. They simply didn't know who he was. It's possible that the folks that asked him to leave don't follow sports like you and I and may not have recognized the face. This is the only time I think he hasn't been at fault, however.
This. I think it's funny how sports fans like to assume that everyone in the world is obsessed with these athletes like they are. There are millions of people in this world who wouldn't know Manziel from the next guy if they saw him on the street.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #127
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:

A. Jelly*

C. Both A and B

Actually he stepped up his drinking a good bit after winning the Heisman. That is when the autograph controversy kicked into overdrive, and when the ESPN article I referenced was written. His last season was very up and down and a good bit different than his Heisman winning campaign, even resulting in the worst performance of his career. The Aggies finished 9-4, 4-4 in conference after finishing 11-2 the year before.

I also noticed you haven't responded to my post that his own parents, his former coaches and his current boss are concerned for him. I.e. the people that know him well or are depending on him to perform are saying it's gone too far. His dad still has more money than Johnny, as does the owner and Kevin Sumlin. Are they all "jelly" too?
Old 07-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #128
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Actually he stepped up his drinking a good bit after winning the Heisman. That is when the autograph controversy kicked into overdrive, and when the ESPN article I referenced was written. His last season was very up and down and a good bit different than his Heisman winning campaign, even resulting in the worst performance of his career. The Aggies finished 9-4, 4-4 in conference after finishing 11-2 the year before.

His numbers were better last year.

Passing Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
2012 Texas A&M SEC SO QB 13 295 434 68.0% 3706 8.5 8.8 26 9 155.3

2013 Texas A&M SEC SO QB 13 300 429 69.9% 4114 9.6 10.0 37 13 172.9

ATM did not lose 4 games b/c of JFF. ATM had no defense. Didn't know JFF played defense.

If you believe everything ESPN puts out then you must have bought hook line and sinker into #lazyclowney and JD's autograph "controversy" as well.

I'm not saying it's a great idea to be out drinking and cocaining, but IMO this is all media hype. Which, obviously, many folks have bought into.

The way ESPN treated Clowney last season really opened my eyes to media-driven perception vs reality. I guess many people haven't had their eyes opened yet.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #129
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

He's coming to my birthday party.

Should be fun
Old 07-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #130
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I think he was always a heavy partier/drinker, was just more spotlight after he won the heisman.

In June of 2012 he was arrested after a bar fight, then during his heisman season there was that picture of him trashed dressed as scooby doo.

Let's be honest the nation didn't know who this guy was until the Bama Game, that game was in early November.

I know he's an idiot and puts himself in bad situations but no one is taking pictures of him early in his career because no one really knows who he is.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #131
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
So, there's not another option?

Maybe people dont like douchebags? And, yes- JFF appears to be the quintessential douchebag.
Of course you could reverse the position and say silly things like: People who think JFF's antics are awesome because they:

a) are JFF groupies
b) failed in life because of similar experience and are now delighted by JFFs success
or
c) are still completing you're 5th freshman year at USC
Old 07-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #132
B-G
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
c) are still completing you're 5th freshman year at USC
Hey don't make fun of people that do more than 4 years undergrad!
That's 75% of this board!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #133
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Hey don't make fun of people that do more than 4 years undergrad!
That's 75% of this board!
I don't want to question how many years you have been at USC B-G, but I did say 5th year freshman.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #134
B-G
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
I don't want to question how many years you have been at USC B-G, but I did say 5th year freshman.
Must not have gotten my joke... A Pilgrim knows what's up.

Just to clear it up though, I actually graduated in 3.5.

Thanks to summer and maymester (thanks Mom and Dad!)
Old 07-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #135
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

bhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
In all fairness we have no idea if Manziel got anyone pregnant.
Exactly what I was thinking.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #136
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
His numbers were better last year.

Passing Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
2012 Texas A&M SEC SO QB 13 295 434 68.0% 3706 8.5 8.8 26 9 155.3

2013 Texas A&M SEC SO QB 13 300 429 69.9% 4114 9.6 10.0 37 13 172.9

ATM did not lose 4 games b/c of JFF. ATM had no defense. Didn't know JFF played defense.

If you believe everything ESPN puts out then you must have bought hook line and sinker into #lazyclowney and JD's autograph "controversy" as well.

I'm not saying it's a great idea to be out drinking and cocaining, but IMO this is all media hype. Which, obviously, many folks have bought into.

The way ESPN treated Clowney last season really opened my eyes to media-driven perception vs reality. I guess many people haven't had their eyes opened yet.
1. Why are you showing only the passing yards for those two as a way to qualify that "his numbers were better than last year." Are you purposefully ignoring the rush yards to better suit your argument?

2012:
CAR YDS AVG LONG TD
201 1410 7.0 72 (TD) 21

2013:
CAR YDS AVG LONG TD
144 759 5.3 49 (TD) 9

Quote:
One could say that Johnny Football "ran away" with the Heisman in 2012, as he led all SEC players with 1,410 rushing yards and 21 rushing touchdowns.

Manziel also led the SEC in rushing yards per attempt (7.0) and rushes of 20 or more yards (22). He was one of five FBS quarterbacks to average over 100 yards per game on the ground.
He did have better passing stats throughout the year in 2013, but it is a big stretch to say his 2013 was "better" than his 2012. He also, as mentioned earlier, had the worst game of his career vs. LSU going 16 of 41 with 2 interceptions.

2. This is his dad being quoted as saying things got worse the more famous he got, not just some ESPN radio hack giving his opinion in the midnight to 4 a.m. slot. It is his dad doing the interview with ESPN. No, I don't believe everything ESPN says but I do believe a preponderance of evidence when I see it. His coach mandates he goes to alcohol counselling, his dad goes on the record saying he is concerned his son has substance abuse issues and worries for the day he gets the call he's in jail. You can keep chalking this up to ESPN manufacturing stories if you want, but the facts pretty much speak for themselves.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #137
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

^^^^^
Great. What's your point again?

From what I can see it's, "Cocaine is bad. Drinking is bad. I'm predicting that JFF will fail b/c of this."
Old 07-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #138
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Fact: None of our players do drugs or party.

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #139
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

i would not believe a word his dad has to say. after all his parents are the ones that were driving around (after high school) with JFF 1 and JFF 2 personalized license plates and tried to trademark it as well as Johnny F#(@ing Football, Johnny F'N Football. The younger daughter had to tell them it was not a good look to be pimping your son with profanity. Have family in Texas and he was quite the partyer in high school or so they say
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:29 PM   #140
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

hard, highly addictive drugs are rarely just recreational. it makes me sad to see anyone snorting cocaine, particularly if this type of behavior seems to be a trend. makes me sad to see people make bad decisions.