CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Regalcock
CockyDevil
uscjeremynca
kingofnerf
SanAntonioCock
b381l
The Yancey
ChunkSnackwell
Ace Dilcock
Gamecocks1137
Jackson's scholarshi (1182)
Pat Summitt's health (584)
Melvin Ingram to app (558)
***One Moment In Tim (326)
Anyone use Twitch? (250)
10 gruesome wrestlin (187)
Pat Summitt's health (135)
2 Carolina CWP footb (39)
Florida Trip (0)
Chris Silva and Temarcus
Florida Trip
2017 - OrTre Smith
6/23 Presser
A'ja and Roscoe Wilson
Discussion: 2017 Recruiti
Name a Gamecock
The Countdown to Kickoff
Anyone use Twitch?
Copa America and Euro 201

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #761
b381l
Jersey Retired

Male

CockyCash: 1000375616
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2016 - Tavien Feaster

There is a poster on GCC that is very familiar with Feaster's recruitment......he is coached by Chris Miller at Spartanburg who also coached Lattimore while at Byrnes. Miller is a big Gamecock fan and will take him to as many Gamecock games as possible and compares him to Marcus.....also said he is absolutely not a lock to Clemson.

So maybe this is not a done deal like many of us thought.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #762
sgacock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
sgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2016 - Avery McCall

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
The offer to McCall didn't come from Mangus. Brandon McIlwain is our only offered QB for 2016 at the moment.

Similar situation with Kevin Johnson this year.

Wasn't Mangus on suspension from contacting recruits under our self-imposed sanctions back when we first offered McCall in December 2012?

Plus, who says it wasn't Mangus?

Plus, so what if it wasn't Mangus? He didn't make the offer to Scarnecchia - SOS did it.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #763
pitchcock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29786000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
How do we know whether we've offered him only as an ATH? I don't doubt that you have read it somewhere, but is that just speculation, rumor and hearsay from some so-called "expert?" Has he or his high school coach said that?
There are people on this board who are truly connected and truly know what they're talking about, and people who only regurgitate what rumors they hear secondhand.

I don't know Jayceecock, but the tidbits of info he throws out compare to the old EF Hutton commercial....when he says something, listen.

If he says we offered as an ATH, then as far as I'm concerned that's what we offered as.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #764
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

I didn't say we offered McCall as an ATH.

I do know Coach Elliott delivered the offer to McCall when he was at Dillon to check on the two OL guys we were recruiting.

I don't know who gave Coach Elliott the go ahead to offer. I would guess SOS, or Steve Jr.

247 has McCall listed as an ATH. I don't think 247 did this without checking with their sources.

Rivals has him listed as a Dual Threat QB.

Last edited by jayceecock; 07-10-2014 at 05:10 PM..
Old 07-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #765
sgacock
Blue Chip

Male

sgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
I didn't say we offered McCall as an ATH.

I do know Coach Elliott delivered the offer to McCall when he was at Dillon to check on the two OL guys we were recruiting.

I don't know who gave Coach Elliott the go ahead to offer. I would guess SOS, or Steve Jr.

247 has McCall listed as an ATH. I don't think 247 did this without checking with someone on the staff that would know.

Rivals has him listed as a Dual Threat QB.

Repeat: The Staff CANNOT talk to 247 about prospects.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #766
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
You'd be in for a surprise if you really knew the ins and outs of that kind of business.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #767
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
I changed it to sources.

You feel better now?
Old 07-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #768
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
You'd be in for a surprise if you really knew the ins and outs of that kind of business.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #769
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 13141
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

Things look good for Gamecocks landing Feaster. I wasn't wrong on KC Crosby, and i feel the same about Feaster.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #770
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1000750
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
How good is Tavien's 10.59 in the 100m?

Here are the best times for the top backs in the 2014 class:

Leonard Fournette - 10.78
Dalvin Cook - 10.92
Sony Michel - 10.64
Joe Mixon - 10.90
Elijah Hood - 11.14
Derrell Scott - 11.61
Have a sneaky feeling Fournette along with Chubb are going to run over the SEC the next 3 years. The post Gurley/Davis era if you will.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #771
bcolinc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Not just a bomb ass Sevendust song either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #772
b381l
Jersey Retired

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Manziel is 5'11.
5'11 3/4 per the NFL combine....but he's still an asshole....

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2014/combine/qb.html
Old 07-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #773
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
5'11 3/4 per the NFL combine....but he's still an asshole....

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2014/combine/qb.html
All I'm saying is, you can be a 6' tall QB and play in this league. Manziel was just an example.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #774
b381l
Jersey Retired

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
All I'm saying is, you can be a 6' tall QB and play in this league. Manziel was just an example.
you are exactly right.....Russell Wilson is less than 6'
Old 07-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #775
Sabu1
Walk On

Male

Sabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie3 View Post
Things look good for Gamecocks landing Feaster. I wasn't wrong on KC Crosby, and i feel the same about Feaster.
Why is that? Everybody seems to think he's headed to clemson.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #776
Emery
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't think he is all Clemson. I know that for a fact.
I love this statement.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #777
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 200
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
I love this statement.
You have to respect a man that knows what he's thinking...
Old 07-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #778
b381l
Jersey Retired

Male

Quote:
I don't think he is all Clemson. I know that for a fact.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #779
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 998722
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Clemson lean right now. Will be tough to sway this kid. Great football player.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:27 PM   #780
b381l
Jersey Retired

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Clemson lean right now. Will be tough to sway this kid. Great football player.
is this your opinion or do you have specific inside information....couple folks on here and pay sites that know his situation say Feaster is not a tater lean.
Closed Thread