CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
KaneisAble
doubledribble
PageUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
thumpin big
b381l
TheUSCMike
kingofnerf
Busta out indefinite (1905)
SOS says his next st (1632)
Our Road Upset Wins (1506)
CBSSports SEC predic (780)
No easy road for our (638)
Our Defense? (556)
Roll call for Auburn (552)
University of Buffal (497)
Michael Sams done in (360)
Party like it's 1903 (280)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
SEC Football Legend: Shel
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
MMA: Holeve (Down Syndrom
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
2015 Commitment - Davon D
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts
To ANYONE complaining abo

Old 07-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #881
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I don't see how anyone could get upset if USC finished with Turner and Shaw (or Williams if you don't think he is going to Notre Dame).
Definitely a respectable haul. However, I think people are frustrated with us not being able to land that surefire elite top 10 back when seemingly every team around us is doing it UT, Clem, UNC, etc... Especially given the fact that we had no RBs signed in 2014 and none committed yet for 2015. Not to mention our great recent track record with Lattimore and Davis. Can't be that hard, can it?
Old 07-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #882
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Definitely a respectable haul. However, I think people are frustrated with us not being able to land that surefire elite top 10 back when seemingly every team around us is doing it UT, Clem, UNC, etc... Especially given the fact that we had no RBs signed in 2014 and none committed yet for 2015. Not to mention our great recent track record with Lattimore and Davis. Can't be that hard, can it?
That's my frustration in regards to RB recruiting. Like I've said, Turner and Shaw would be a good haul, but with players like Scarlett, Williams, Williams, and Frasier on the board, seems like we could have landed one of those elite guys.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #883
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

IMO it is not too hard to understand. We have not really produced elite RBs at the next level. Until that happens we will always struggle getting those kids. However it is changing, just slowly.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #884
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
That's my frustration in regards to RB recruiting. Like I've said, Turner and Shaw would be a good haul, but with players like Scarlett, Williams, Williams, and Frasier on the board, seems like we could have landed one of those elite guys.
Exactly what these guys said.

Nobody said "upset" but a haul of Shaw and Turner would just be kind of meh...

Maybe it is just me wanting to get some elite players here to win the SEC. Idk if we can get over that hump.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #885
Eutaw Kid
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Eutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervousEutaw Kid is making other chickens nervous

I'm not all that concerned at the RB position with the stable of backs we already have, and we still have a couple of prospects out there to go. By the way, the last couple of commits put us at #3 on Rivals.com and moved us ahead of Clemsux, so we're doing something right!!
Eutaw Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #886
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10258
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Only a few spots left and we're still making offers. Amazing that we might have a complete class even before the start of the season. Great job by the staff
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #887
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Sawyer, Lewis, Jones, Turner, Shaw, T. Williams, Frasier, Bailey, Merrick, Charles, Davis, and Abernathy still left on the board that we have a chance with. Going to be interesting to see how it finishes out.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #888
mick66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinafan@UTENN View Post
I'm either starting to think that I don't understand RB recruiting at all, or I'm concerned with the way we are going about it.

How do we keep losing RBs to teams that already have serious numbers of talent committed. Scott last year (when TN already had a Hurd and Paulk, now they have Kamara and Reid this cycle already). Georgia got to super talents last year (Michel and Chubb). Scarlett just committed to Miami when they already have two other top RBs.

Granted, I know that we could get pickups like Turner and Williams as soon as tomorrow, but if RBs are on the look out for playing time how in the world are other teams tearing it up so well with multiple top tier backs, and we can't grab one? It is a bit frustrating.
The biggest factor for the last 2 years is that Sands is not a very good recruiter (and that's putting it mildly.)
Ending with Turner and Shaw would be very underwhelming, as we'd basically end up with 2 guys with few major offers at RB. I'm glad to have Jamari Smith on the roster, but his recruitment was similar to Turner and Shaw, and he ended up on D, which is where most other schools projected him.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:17 PM   #889
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Sawyer, Lewis, Jones, Turner, Shaw, T. Williams, Frasier, Bailey, Merrick, Charles, Davis, and Abernathy still left on the board that we have a chance with. Going to be interesting to see how it finishes out.
durant too...depending on grades correct?
Old 07-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #890
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

That would be a sweet class of 32 or 33....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:27 PM   #891
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I'm pretty sure they're just listing who's left on the board, not who we'll take total. For instance, that list included 4 RB's and we're only taking the first 2 to jump on board.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:24 AM   #892
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 28459
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Heard Tommy Moody on 107.5 this morning state that Darrin Smalls, Chris Lammons and Wesley Green has not enrolled yet and are trying to qualify?!? Any further information on this? WOW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:50 AM   #893
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
Heard Tommy Moody on 107.5 this morning state that Darrin Smalls, Chris Lammons and Wesley Green has not enrolled yet and are trying to qualify?!? Any further information on this? WOW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They were flagged by the NCAA. They were supposed to be here for Summer II but apparently they can't get their stuff together academically and have to wait and see if they're going to be able to enroll in August. Not good for the secondary.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #894
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
I'm pretty sure they're just listing who's left on the board, not who we'll take total. For instance, that list included 4 RB's and we're only taking the first 2 to jump on board.
Yeah I was being facetious with my post...I sometimes do that, lol...

ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:50 PM   #895
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Why do you think we should be able to get one of 2 kids from Florida, or 1 from NC or 1 from SC. It hard to get the top players at any position. Let's see how things play out first.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #896
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
the absolute largest class we can have is 30....25 regular and 5 EE....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #897
uscgrad68
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 616
uscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his comb
Default #2 ranked 2015 recruit class on Rivals

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr...k/2015/all/all

Showing 21 recruits with AJ Turner.
uscgrad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #898
BigRedCock
↓Little Marcus Lattimore↓

Male

CockyCash: 1700
BigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPit
Default 21 Recruits

...and it's only July 10th. AND it's a d@mn good class!
I almost can't believe it. Things are definitely looking up for the GAMECOCKS!!

Who would have thought we would be 75%+ full with six weeks until school starts?

Old 07-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #899
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

With Turner now on board who is the most probable guy to pair with him that we could land? Is it basically between Bradrick Shaw, Ty'son Williams, and Johnny Fraiser? Maybe an outside shot with Scarlett if he visits?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #900
uscgrad68
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 616
uscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his comb
Default Re: #2 ranked 2015 recruit class on Rivals

Of course it is early in the process. No other team in the top 20 has more than 19 except BC at #17, which has 23 (all 3-stars).

Congratulations to all of the recruits and welcome aboard.

Thank you coaches for a great recruiting class so far.
uscgrad68 is offline   Reply With Quote