CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
2000grad
TRBTB
Regalcock
MountainCock
CoverTwo
roosterdude21
Morris to SMU (5430)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1804)
Clemson fans (1506)
Carolina on a Walmar (1232)
Game simulation (836)
End of the aTm / LSU (539)
Have we been favored (409)
Venables to TAMU? (327)
Origin Sale Too (264)
Women's Soccer Elite (242)
Morris to SMU
Women's Soccer Elite Eigh
Clemson Stadium Gamecock
Venables to TAMU?
Constant Updates on Watso
2015 Commitment - Arden K
2015 Commitment - Dexter
marshall/WKU
Carolina on a Walmart com
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W

Old 07-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #41
sgacock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2016 - Avery McCall

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Austin Kendall would be the next on the board if we lost out on McIlwain.

McCall's offer is as an ATH.
How do we know whether we've offered him only as an ATH? I don't doubt that you have read it somewhere, but is that just speculation, rumor and hearsay from some so-called "expert?" Has he or his high school coach said that?

I seem to remember that we offered him after he led his team to the state championship as a freshman. I would bet that we have offered him without specifying ANY position. We want him. PERIOD. If he can beat out somebody else at QB that's fine. If he doesn't, he can switch to another position if he wants. You can call that "athlete" if you want, I call it an "open offer."

This is just speculation on my part, but I would bet that no coach at Carolina has told him or will tell him: "We want you as an athlete, not a quarterback. If you want to play qb, go somewhere else." If he commits, I think he'll get his shot at qb the first year - if he wants.

You could prove me wrong with a quote from somebody with FIRSTHAND knowledge such as Avery, his coach, or one of his parents.
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #42
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Manziel is 5'11.
He's also a major DOUCHE

sorry.... had to throw that in there
Old 07-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #43
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
How do we know whether we've offered him only as an ATH? I don't doubt that you have read it somewhere, but is that just speculation, rumor and hearsay from some so-called "expert?" Has he or his high school coach said that?

I seem to remember that we offered him after he led his team to the state championship as a freshman. I would bet that we have offered him without specifying ANY position. We want him. PERIOD. If he can beat out somebody else at QB that's fine. If he doesn't, he can switch to another position if he wants. You can call that "athlete" if you want, I call it an "open offer."

This is just speculation on my part, but I would bet that no coach at Carolina has told him or will tell him: "We want you as an athlete, not a quarterback. If you want to play qb, go somewhere else." If he commits, I think he'll get his shot at qb the first year - if he wants.

You could prove me wrong with a quote from somebody with FIRSTHAND knowledge such as Avery, his coach, or one of his parents.
The offer to McCall didn't come from Mangus. Brandon McIlwain is our only offered QB for 2016 at the moment.

Similar situation with Kevin Johnson this year.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #44
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
The offer to McCall didn't come from Mangus. Brandon McIlwain is our only offered QB for 2016 at the moment.

Similar situation with Kevin Johnson this year.

Wasn't Mangus on suspension from contacting recruits under our self-imposed sanctions back when we first offered McCall in December 2012?

Plus, who says it wasn't Mangus?

Plus, so what if it wasn't Mangus? He didn't make the offer to Scarnecchia - SOS did it.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #45
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29792600
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
There are people on this board who are truly connected and truly know what they're talking about, and people who only regurgitate what rumors they hear secondhand.

I don't know Jayceecock, but the tidbits of info he throws out compare to the old EF Hutton commercial....when he says something, listen.

If he says we offered as an ATH, then as far as I'm concerned that's what we offered as.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #46
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

I didn't say we offered McCall as an ATH.

I do know Coach Elliott delivered the offer to McCall when he was at Dillon to check on the two OL guys we were recruiting.

I don't know who gave Coach Elliott the go ahead to offer. I would guess SOS, or Steve Jr.

247 has McCall listed as an ATH. I don't think 247 did this without checking with their sources.

Rivals has him listed as a Dual Threat QB.

Last edited by jayceecock; 07-10-2014 at 05:10 PM.
jayceecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #47
sgacock
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
I didn't say we offered McCall as an ATH.

I do know Coach Elliott delivered the offer to McCall when he was at Dillon to check on the two OL guys we were recruiting.

I don't know who gave Coach Elliott the go ahead to offer. I would guess SOS, or Steve Jr.

247 has McCall listed as an ATH. I don't think 247 did this without checking with someone on the staff that would know.

Rivals has him listed as a Dual Threat QB.

Repeat: The Staff CANNOT talk to 247 about prospects.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #48
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
You'd be in for a surprise if you really knew the ins and outs of that kind of business.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #49
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
I changed it to sources.

You feel better now?
Old 07-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #50
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
You'd be in for a surprise if you really knew the ins and outs of that kind of business.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #51
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Not just a bomb ass Sevendust song either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #52
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Manziel is 5'11.
5'11 3/4 per the NFL combine....but he's still an asshole....

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2014/combine/qb.html
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #53
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
5'11 3/4 per the NFL combine....but he's still an asshole....

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2014/combine/qb.html
All I'm saying is, you can be a 6' tall QB and play in this league. Manziel was just an example.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #54
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
All I'm saying is, you can be a 6' tall QB and play in this league. Manziel was just an example.
you are exactly right.....Russell Wilson is less than 6'
Old 10-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #55
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

He led the Dillon Wildcats to a 49-7 win last night over the (now 8-1) Loris Lions, Loris's defense had only given up a total of 23 points in the first 8 games combined.

Quote:
On Friday, that had as much to do with McCall as anything else. The highly recruited junior put up five touchdowns and more than 300 yards in the first half alone. His efforts early on helped the Wildcats score more points against Loris in the opening 21 minutes then the Lions’ first eight opponents did combined.
His night wasn’t over until he had thrown for 299 yards and four touchdowns on 26-of-33 passing and rushed for another 105 yards and two scores on 10 carries.
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/201...oris.html?rh=1

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:59 PM   #56
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
He led the Dillon Wildcats to a 49-7 win last night over the (now 8-1) Loris Lions, Loris's defense had only given up a total of 23 points in the first 8 games combined.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/201...oris.html?rh=1
someone name the last 3 productive players and when they played that are from Dillion.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #57
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Been a while but Melvin Paige was outstanding as was Derick Hamilton. We also had a DB in the Holtz era that was hurt a lot, but played well when he was healthy. I just cannot recall his name. That said, Dillon is a small school (2A used to be 3A) I can't really name another 2A school in this State who has produced more although there may very well be one. Lamar used to put out some really good players & they were a smaller school than Dillon. Lake View has had one or two also. For comparison, I can't name a single player from Loris since Richard McCollough who has done anything of note. And that was a long, long time ago.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #58
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
someone name the last 3 productive players and when they played that are from Dillion.
quick, someone name the last 3 productive players (pre Everett Golson) and when they played from Myrtle Beach High?

I understand what you are getting at, but the same argument can be made about MANY small schools. The fact that they have rarely or even never had a player make it to the big time doesn't preclude them from eventually having one, who knows, the way he is playing, McCall may be that one. Could have been also Joe Blue if he had gotten his grades straight.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #59
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talonsgin house has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
quick, someone name the last 3 productive players (pre Everett Golson) and when they played from Myrtle Beach High?

I understand what you are getting at, but the same argument can be made about MANY small schools. The fact that they have rarely or even never had a player make it to the big time doesn't preclude them from eventually having one, who knows, the way he is playing, McCall may be that one. Could have been also Joe Blue if he had gotten his grades straight.
Glad to see a breeze of common sense blow thru, I agree. What does it matter where a player is from? I feel stupid for having read that, lol.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:55 PM   #60
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

He's like a nick Marshall with a better arm
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote