CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (856)
Call of Duty: Advanc (533)
Good Riddance to bad (468)
Keeping tailgate foo (321)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (292)
Bashing Players, coa (225)
The Comeback & T (217)
An A to Z of Noah We (212)
Wallpaper & Back (106)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (99)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 11:35 PM   #161
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

CockyCash: 500
Absfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his claws
Default Re: 2015 - D.J. Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Richie?

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en
Old 07-10-2014, 11:52 PM   #162
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
how does that affect posting on here....never mind, I don't need to know...
Old 07-11-2014, 12:02 AM   #163
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I read today that Jones' family wants him to stay in state.
Awesome, are they tater fans, SC fans or not partial? Was that on 247 or rivals?

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 07-11-2014, 12:25 AM   #164
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Doesn't look like he has changed his original announcement date of Dec.13th, this one is going to be a while sadly. Tennessee was his leader, hopefully that has changed.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:44 AM   #165
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Awesome, are they tater fans, SC fans or not partial? Was that on 247 or rivals?
I got this from GCC, CC comments......I don't know if his family are Gamecock or tater fans.

"USC's cards to play here are getting back to the state (which Jones' family has seemed to prefer), playing SEC ball, and being possibly the only defensive tackle taken in the 2015 class by USC should he commit. This one is far from over and this summer's visits loom large."
Old 07-11-2014, 02:10 AM   #166
lfowens
Walk On

lfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurs

Quote:
I read today that Jones' family wants him to stay in state.
I played high school football with his Dad. I saw his Dad last year at the Shrine Bowl. At the the time, they were tying to get Clemson's and USC's interest, but he was not high on the D1 radar (until he started excelling in JUCO). His dad is a real family person and they have a close family...so I think he will stay in state. He lives close to Clemson so that probably plays in their favor. The edge that we have is that we are in the SEC. I think the decision will come down to that.

BTW, his dad is Big Dave - here is a website "http://www.bigdavesribs.com/"
Old 07-11-2014, 09:32 AM   #167
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfowens View Post
I played high school football with his Dad. I saw his Dad last year at the Shrine Bowl. At the the time, they were tying to get Clemson's and USC's interest, but he was not high on the D1 radar (until he started excelling in JUCO). His dad is a real family person and they have a close family...so I think he will stay in state. He lives close to Clemson so that probably plays in their favor. The edge that we have is that we are in the SEC. I think the decision will come down to that.

Spurrier should order a bunch of ribs for a party at USC for coaches/families or something to get closer to the family

JD
Old 07-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #168
kokocock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 400
kokocock has feathers coming inkokocock has feathers coming in

Quote:

Based on his pops website...all Clemson...
Old 07-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #169
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Yeah I am not sure where his dad's current ribs location is but it seems he has pretty strong historical ties to Cl3m5on sadly. If we land him, look for Cl3m5on to say his grades werent good enough.

Anyone know if he is visiting officially? I know he visited in May.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:21 AM   #170
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Wow that website is covered in Clemson
Old 07-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #171
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Well considering it is located in clem5on, prob a smart move to cater to the people in your area.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #172
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Yeah I am not sure where his dad's current ribs location is but it seems he has pretty strong historical ties to Cl3m5on sadly. If we land him, look for Cl3m5on to say his grades werent good enough.Anyone know if he is visiting officially? I know he visited in May.
And his BBQ sucks...never was good...never went there...he's a big old fat coot...let's burn his place down...always despised him and his BBQ anyways etc.

This guy really does have a hard decision...Tennessee would have been somewhat acceptable for the clemdespisers.

Defn: Noun; Clemdespiser - A Clemp5on fan's mindset of anyone who does not root for the Clemp5on tiggers.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #173
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9450
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

True, I can see Clemson fans taking it really personal if he doesn't commit to them.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #174
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Yeah I am not sure where his dad's current ribs location is but it seems he has pretty strong historical ties to Cl3m5on sadly. If we land him, look for Cl3m5on to say his grades werent good enough.

Anyone know if he is visiting officially? I know he visited in May.
Clemson site posted they really didn't want AJ Turner yesterday after he committed to us.

Maybe his Dad is a smart businessman and puts Clemson all over his site. Of course if his son comes to Columbia, he may go out of business.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #175
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Or he could move his store to Columbia. Probably get better business here anyway. Those ribs look pretty good, not gonna lie.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #176
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Clemson site posted they really didn't want AJ Turner yesterday after he committed to us.

Maybe his Dad is a smart businessman and puts Clemson all over his site. Of course if his son comes to Columbia, he may go out of business.

Yeah that might be a legitimate concern if I'm him. Clemson fans are pretty sensitive (not smack) and would probably turn on him and his business if his son went to USC. That's why I'm not getting my hopes up.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #177
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
OK...still not sure the purpose of your post.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #178
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

Absfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his claws

That is a secret to viewing web sites that shut you out after so many views. Try incognito.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #179
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokocock View Post
Based on his pops website...all Clemson...
Yep it seems quite evident.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #180
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Or he could move his store to Columbia. Probably get better business here anyway. Those ribs look pretty good, not gonna lie.
this
Closed Thread