CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Tolley
WeStillOwnUSC
GamecockGuardsman
taylorssc
GarnetSwarm1990
kingofnerf
TN game weather (1248)
Who is your favorite (970)
Aliens Are Real (465)
Marvel releases movi (438)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (431)
FSU vs. Louisville (335)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (281)
Need a ride tomorrow (204)
Brady Hoke Motivatio (178)
Talking Animals (154)
Uniforms for Tenn
Who is your favorite play
Have you ever been so wro
Interesting quotes from D
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
TN game weather
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
Cavs vs. Bulls
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 07-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
JRol003
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
JRol003 is making other chickens nervousJRol003 is making other chickens nervousJRol003 is making other chickens nervousJRol003 is making other chickens nervousJRol003 is making other chickens nervousJRol003 is making other chickens nervousJRol003 is making other chickens nervous
Default SC Pro Am

Starts this thursday @ Heathwood Hall! Does it cost anything to get in?
JRol003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:42 PM   #2
warriorcock
Recruit

Male

warriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his claws
Default Re: SC Pro Am

Nope, it's free JRol. All our Gamecocks players are playing....some ex players too.
warriorcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
JRol003
4-Star

Male

JRol003 is making other chickens nervousJRol003 is making other chickens nervousJRol003 is making other chickens nervousJRol003 is making other chickens nervousJRol003 is making other chickens nervousJRol003 is making other chickens nervousJRol003 is making other chickens nervous

Awesome! Thx!
JRol003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #4
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

No Seventh Woods or P.J. Dozier this year.

Every current Gamecock player except Ty Johnson and Shameek Sheppard (ACL) is playing.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #5
carolinacocky
Recruit

Male

carolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudly

Just got back from the SCProAm basketball games tonight at Heathwood Hall.
It was a fun evening and a great way to get an up-close look at some of the best basketball talent in the area.

USC players Duane Notice, L Chat, Justin McKie, Austin Constable, Sindarius Thornwell, Demetrius Henry, Temarcus Blanton and Reggie Theus, Jr. all played tonight.

Of the Gamecocks, I thought Temarcus had the most encouraging performance.
He handled the ball pretty well for a 6'5" swing man, made several good entry passes, showed good athleticism, was able to get his shot on his own, made some good defensive plays, got a few rebounds and seemed to be in very good game shape. He is on the Brooklyn Baptist team with Reggie Theus, Jr. and the two of them seemed to have some positive chemistry on the court.

Justin McKie shot the ball well and played under control in the helter-skelter environment.

L Chat seems to have slimmed down a little. Demetrius looked more composed on the court than I remembered from last year, although I would have liked to have seen him operate more inside.

Sindarius had a tough shooting first half... In his defense he was getting fouled a lot, and hard. His game, the second game between Honda of Columbia and The Wheat Farm, was filled with rough play that wasn't being called. In the second half alone there were probably 35-40 fouls that could/should have been called and neither team got close to being in the bonus. In light of the rough play, I was surprised that the players showed such constraint... It could have easily gotten out of hand.
At the end of the game, Carlos Powell and Sindarius were guarding each other and it was fun to watch them duel.

The first and third games were more like basketball instead of basketbrawl.

I'm a USC grad, so I was mainly interested in the Gamecock players performances.
However, there were several very impressive pros/ athletes from other schools.

From Clemson- Rod Hall, Austin Ajukwa, and Demarcus Harrison were all impressive... especially Harrison. He looked like a star tonight.

From USC Aiken- point guard Tyreece Brice is FAST!... And good.

From USC Upstate- Torey Craig was outstanding.

Of the pros- Carlos Powell (formerly from USC), VT Taylor (formerly from Troy), Ty Beatty (of the Harlem Globetrotters), and Allen Michael Thompson (formerly from Louisiana-Lafayette) were most impressive.

Thompson is the best leaper (40+ inch vertical) I've seen in person since Nate Davis... and his shot was on tonight. In fact the first half of the third game was filled with incredible shooting. The score at halftime was 70-60.

If you like basketball, the SCProAm is a great way to spend a Thursday evening or a Sunday afternoon. This Sunday the games start at 2 pm, and all 8 teams will be playing this Sunday... and you can't beat the price- it's free!
carolinacocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:32 AM   #6
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I'm reading where Henry has gained 11 pounds and is up to 226....sounds like he is on the right track, and hopefully he contributes more next season than all the cheap fouls...
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #7
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Here's a nice free article about the first night of games from TheBigSpur:

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...owell-29568574
Old 07-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #8
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I'm reading where Henry has gained 11 pounds and is up to 226....sounds like he is on the right track, and hopefully he contributes more next season than all the cheap fouls...
That's awesome, good to see that bodybuilding program paying off in the offseason.

These kids are going to be good once they keep working out and keep practicing with our coaching staff. It's a process, but it should be worth it. I'm expecting a big year from Demetrius.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:53 AM   #9
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

Did anybody go Sunday? Any news?
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #10
carolinacocky
Recruit

Male

carolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambam View Post
Did anybody go Sunday? Any news?
I was able to go for the first two games, but had to leave then.
Duane Notice has lost some weight and looks more like a basketballer than a linebacker. He seems much quicker, he had a good game.

L Chat still spends too much time setting high screens (in my opinion) and never getting inside the foul line on the majority of possessions.

Eager to see Temarcus play again... Hope he is playing tonight. Also want to see Stroman tonight, he hasn't played in any games I have been able to attend.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:51 PM   #11
carolinacocky
Recruit

Male

After checking the schedule:
6 PM- Carrera and B Steele will play in the first game.

7:15 PM- The second game will have Justin McKie, Austin Constable and Carlos Powell (former Gamecock) vs. Stroman, Kacinas and Dominique Archie, Austin Steed and Zam Fredrick (former Gamecocks).

8:30 PM- The third game will have Duane Notice and L Chat vs Demarcus Harrison and Jordan Roper (Clemson)... also in the game are Alan Thompson (former La Lafayette, now pro... my favorite player in the proam) and Johndre Jefferson (former Gamecock).
Old 07-17-2014, 11:53 PM   #12
carolinacocky
Recruit

Male

Missed the first game.

In the second game, Carlos Powell and VT Taylor were the class of the game... however, Stroman was excellent as well. He more than held his own vs. older players and up until the end of the first overtime, he was lights out. On a drive to the basket he took a hard foul and hit the floor... after that he didn't look quite the same. I couldn't see if he hit his head on the fall, but it wouldn't surprise me if he had a slight concussion. Powell & Taylor took over in the second overtime.

The third game featured Duane Notice and L Chat. Duane is playing well, handling the ball and shooting. His body control was excellent on several drives to the basket. If he stays healthy, he looks like he will have a good year for USC.

Chat is the most frustrating of the USC guys for me. He attempted at least 4 threes, spent most of his time at the top of the circle setting screens and very seldom went inside. When he was inside, he played with his hands down... and compared to everyone else, he is too slow to the ball to play with hands down.

Did not see Temarcus or Sindarius play tonight.

This was the first time I have seen Stroman play and I was very impressed.
He shot the ball well, handled the ball/ passed well, had great court awareness, made several threes and probably had double digit rebounds, despite being one of the smallest on the court. Both he and Temarcus should be great additions to the 'Cocks.

Last edited by carolinacocky; 07-17-2014 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
Old 07-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #13
carolinacocky
Recruit

Male

Great performances today by a couple of Gamecocks.

Justin McKie was on fire... he scored 35 (only missed 1 layup, 1 midrange jumper and 2 free throws)... every other shot went in.

Duane Notice had another excellent game, distributing the ball, driving to the basket, playing defense. He played the best defense on VT Taylor of anyone I have seen at the ProAm. That being said, VT still had 38 ( not on Duane alone). VT (6' 2" pro guard) is the most gifted scorer I have seen at the ProAm.

Kudos to Brian Steele for hitting the winning shot in his game- right before the buzzer.

Stroman & Blanton look like solid future Gamecocks.

Thornwell & Ajukwa (Clemson) battled each other today. Ajukwa is going to be a good one for them. I expected Thornwell to be a dominant player at the ProAm... He hasn't, at least not at the games I have seen.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #14
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

Really nice free article from GCC about how the USC players have performed in the Pro-Am Tournament. Sounds like both Stroman and Blanton are showing out, and that the Lithuanians have shown improvement in many areas.

Looks like we'll have perhaps our most stable (possible) starting five next season of Thornwell, Johnson, Notice, Kacinas, & Chat., with Carrera and Henry the top reserves off the bench. Any supporting help Stroman, Blanton, McKie, and Steele can give will be great additions to the team. On that note, I have also heard nothing but solid reports about Steele's performances in the tourny - he has been averaging 10+ ppg and been a big rebounder and hustler in every game. He's gone from a desperation-mode walk-on contributor in lost games to a solid reserve in limited minutes for us. I think he will be an asset this season.....

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/con....IdikziJO.dpbs
Old 07-27-2014, 10:36 PM   #15
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Thanks Conway. That 8 man rotation should be OK. I just want a shot at a 50 50 in the SEC.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #16
doubledribble
Recruit

Male

doubledribble has earned his spursdoubledribble has earned his spursdoubledribble has earned his spursdoubledribble has earned his spursdoubledribble has earned his spursdoubledribble has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Thanks Conway. That 8 man rotation should be OK. I just want a shot at a 50 50 in the SEC.
This is a realistic goal this season. It sounds like Henry, Chatkevicius, and Minda have all put on good weight. They also will have the green light to shoot the ball more from the outside. That will allow us to space the floor more which really allows strong slashers like Thornwell, Johnson, Notice, and Blanton to get in the lane and try to make plays.
doubledribble is offline   Reply With Quote