CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
A. Pilgrim
gamecockgal
B-G
snruter amabon
thekob
DTGCOCKS#32
gadeneer1986
ESPN reporter adding (3548)
How we won the UGA g (1628)
In light of our matc (1625)
Just read this. (1417)
Neat statistic bruhh (931)
uniforms saturday (930)
If we keep winning a (779)
Vandy Fans (731)
Clemson requires sex (559)
Women of the SEC Ran (421)
ESPN reporter adding to t
Terry Googer - new Wildca
Winston
uniforms saturday
Cardinal's Jonathan Dwyer
SOS: No QB controversy
Watch ESPN3 regional blac
Waldrop injured
How we won the UGA game:
Neat statistic bruhhhhh

Old 07-12-2014, 12:20 AM   #121
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 256
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly
Default Re: NBA offseason thread, draft 6/26, free agency 7/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
^ No Bosh, too. They offered him a monster deal, but he's taking a max deal to stay in Miami instead. Not the ideal offseason for Houston.
At least they will retain Parsons
Old 07-12-2014, 02:17 AM   #122
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I'm not a Houston Rocket's fan, but I kind of want to see Dwight Howard get a ring at some point.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:04 AM   #123
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I'm not a Houston Rocket's fan, but I kind of want to see Dwight Howard get a ring at some point.
Same, so he should probably find a better team.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:19 AM   #124
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
At least they will retain Parsons
Do we know for certain that they will? I still don't think they've matched Dallas's offer.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:38 AM   #125
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Do we know for certain that they will? I still don't think they've matched Dallas's offer.
They haven't so far. To think they declined his $960k option for next year. Now they'll have to match a 3yr/46mil contract. Might be the biggest blunder of the offseason.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #126
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit
Default Re: NBA offseason thread, draft 6/26, free agenc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Was watching the local news here in Houston and all the news is about Lebron. The Rockets off season plans just went to crap losing Lyn and probably Parsons and Carmello and all they can talk about is James to Cleveland. I am finding out this isn't a basketball city like I'm used to.
Trading Lin was a good idea. He's not worth that much.
And Melo sucks. He's Bernard King 2.0

They wanted bosh, but the cap room they have now is much better than Jeremy Lin and/or Melo.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #127
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

while i like parsons game it may be wiser with the rockets already having inked trevor ariza to put that money to use elsewhere whether now or for a trade or signing next offseason. it will be interesting if they decide to match the mavs offer sheet before midnight tonight.

based on what dave blatt said, i think the cavs will refuse to put wiggins into any kevin love deal. i assume theyll try and wait the wolves out even if it takes to the trade deadline during the season and then possibly revisit the issue.

gasol has decided to sign with the bulls though the bulls are trying to trade carlos boozer so they dont have to amnesty him.
thunder sign anthony morrow which gives them a pure shooter that theyve been lacking for the longest.
paul pierce signs with the wizards.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #128
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

As a Thunder fan I like the Morrow signing. They need a pure shooter badly
Old 07-13-2014, 02:53 PM   #129
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
As a Thunder fan I like the Morrow signing. They need a pure shooter badly
He should help their spacing.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #130
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Luol Deng signs a 2-year, $20M deal with the Heat
Old 07-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #131
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Houston won't match Dallas, so Parsons is a Mav.

Dreadful offseason for the Rockets, though I guess they did get Trevor Ariza.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #132
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Paul Pierce to the wizards on a 2 year deal. I think it's a bad move by the wiz, he is too old and will ruin the flow, but I guess time will tell.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #133
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i like the signing for the wiz because it gives them a veteran winner for cheap and doesnt sacrifice flexibility going forward. he doesnt necessarily fit when they get out and run, but in the halfcourt on offense he gives them a dimension they lacked last season. concerns has to be him on defense, health at his age, and he and the nets revival the 2nd half of last season had him playing stretch 4. the wiz could really use last year's no.3 overall pick otto porter to give them some quality wing minutes because he was awful last season.

Last edited by crowcutta; 07-14-2014 at 10:15 PM.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote