CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
4Runner
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
ReadR00ster
QCB
CBS: SOS to Florida? (2916)
Juco QBs? (1002)
SDS grades the Furma (840)
we can STILL win the (772)
Auburn/USC point spr (622)
Whenever I Get Depre (611)
How do you want Aubu (441)
If the Head Ball Coa (410)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (268)
When did it change ? (201)
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
Juco QBs?
2016 - Issac Nauta
Just started playing &quo
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Williams and Mitch
we can STILL win the east
How do you want Auburn to
Auburn/USC point spread
Peyton Manning breaks Bre

Old 07-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #21
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2016 - Could it be the year we win it all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
I'm lookin forward to 2028 personally. That's gonna be a good year
Someone is trying too hard to be funny. You wack.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #22
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
I have the sads now :(
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #23
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
I have the sads now :(
Old 07-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #24
Pit'em
Recruit

Male

Pit'em is learning to peckPit'em is learning to peck

Why not just win it now?
Pit'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:22 AM   #25
The'Boose2001
The Watchman

Male

CockyCash: 400
The'Boose2001 has hatched from the shell
Send a message via Yahoo to The'Boose2001 Send a message via Skype™ to The'Boose2001

As to the reference of the comment, "Wait 'til next year" that I've been reading from various contributors. I have one question for you... "Why not this year?" We're experienced all over the field, we're packed with talent, we have a very favorable schedule (save Jordan-Hare). We currently have a Top-5 Recruiting Class. Why not bump it up a notch to continue the momentum? We will play in the SECCG this December. Whether or not we'll beat Auburn or Alabama I have no clue - and the bowl game is always up in the air until after that week. But we will end up ranked in the Top 5 once again. All we need from here on out is a majority of Top 10 classes and we'll get there.
The'Boose2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:40 AM   #26
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The'Boose2001 View Post
As to the reference of the comment, "Wait 'til next year" that I've been reading from various contributors. I have one question for you... "Why not this year?" We're experienced all over the field, we're packed with talent, we have a very favorable schedule (save Jordan-Hare). We currently have a Top-5 Recruiting Class. Why not bump it up a notch to continue the momentum? We will play in the SECCG this December. Whether or not we'll beat Auburn or Alabama I have no clue - and the bowl game is always up in the air until after that week. But we will end up ranked in the Top 5 once again. All we need from here on out is a majority of Top 10 classes and we'll get there.
We have no elite pass rushers and a young inexperienced secondary. If we couldn't win the East last year despite fielding probably the best team in Gamecock history, what makes you think we'll win it this year? I'm all for being optimistic, but I just don't see us winning the East this year. I fully expect this team to take a step back this season.

2015 will also be a tough year for us. New QB, a depleted O-line, and inexperience at TE, but defensively we're going to be VERY strong. Which is why I started this thread saying 2016 could be the year. We're going to have experience at every position.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:15 AM   #27
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
We have no elite pass rushers and a young inexperienced secondary. If we couldn't win the East last year despite fielding probably the best team in Gamecock history, what makes you think we'll win it this year? I'm all for being optimistic, but I just don't see us winning the East this year. I fully expect this team to take a step back this season.

2015 will also be a tough year for us. New QB, a depleted O-line, and inexperience at TE, but defensively we're going to be VERY strong. Which is why I started this thread saying 2016 could be the year. We're going to have experience at every position.
Reloading! We have been recruiting very well recently and yes most of the guys are not household names yet but we have talented players that can step up for us this year and exceed the last 3 years production.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:01 AM   #28
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Ok, you don't need ELITE PASS RUSHERS when you have some pretty dang good linebackers, one of them I categorize as Elite. What makes me, and others think we win it this year? Schedule is different, difficult teams we get at home. You don't see us winning the east, but I do. I do not expect this team to "Take a step back" because we are beyond taking steps backwards.

As for 2015, how will it be tough? Connor Mitch will have plenty of reps this season, O-line will not be depleted, and TE will be fine with Adams at the helm.
Not to mention the receivers we have been bringing in year after year. Defense I agree with, and special teams should have a kicker with the ability to make any kick, just need to find a punter.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:08 AM   #29
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Connor Mitch isn't even 2nd on the depth chart. There are some things going on with him.

Adams is going pro if he has the season everyone in the program is expecting.

O-Line is losing 3 possible all Americans and if Matulis gets hurt again he is probably done.

Pharoh Cooper, Deebo Samuel, and a bunch of true and redshirt freshmen will probably make up the receiving corp.

If Brandon Wilds, Shon Carson, and David Williams all return then at least we will have a respectable backfield.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #30
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

If we get some of the guys left in the 2015 class, 2016-2017 is going to be awesome.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #31
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Gonna be a nasty drop off after this year IMO
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #32
uscandy
4-Star

Male

uscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Gonna be a nasty drop off after this year IMO
Better not be, or somebody isn't doing their job. We shouldn't be in a situation where we take a major step back after what we've done record wise the last three years. No more bad seasons!
uscandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #33
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:
Wait, now I'm confused...I thought crack was wack?
Old 07-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #34
trickybenny
Walk On

Male

trickybenny has hatched from the shell

I just think it's an exciting time to be a gamecock. We've got haters saying this could be an 8 or 9 win season this year. It hasn't been too long ago that any gamecock fan would have been thrilled with that number of wins. We are trending in the right direction even if we have an off year or two.
trickybenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #35
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickybenny View Post
I just think it's an exciting time to be a gamecock. We've got haters saying this could be an 8 or 9 win season this year. It hasn't been too long ago that any gamecock fan would have been thrilled with that number of wins. We are trending in the right direction even if we have an off year or two.
I would not call the people who are predicting an 8 or 9 win season a "hater." An 8 or 9 win season is a very real possibility. We have some question marks regarding our defense. Plus, we have to play at Auburn, at Florida, and at Clemson. People need to realize, Clemson will eventually beat us. Too many on here think they're never going to beat us again, but it will happen, and this year could be the year depending on how their offense turns out. Georgia is also a toss up game and let's not forget about our WTF game we seem to have every year. So, 8 or 9 wins is very much a possibility.

Last edited by Gamecocks321; 07-12-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #36
Senior Rooster
Banned

Male

Senior Rooster has feathers coming inSenior Rooster has feathers coming in

Quote:
I would not call the people who are predicting an 8 or 9 win season a "hater." An 8 or 9 win season is a very real possibility. We have some question marks regarding our defense. Plus, we have to play at Auburn, at Florida, and at Clemson. People need to realize, Clemson will eventually beat us. Too many on here think they're never going to beat us again, but it will happen, and this year could be the year depending on how their offense turns out. Georgia is also a toss up game and let's not forget about our WTF game we seem to have every year. So, 8 or 9 wins is very much a possibility.
After more than 50 years I can tell you an 8 or 9 win season is very respectable!
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #37
drumboy
Recruit

Male

drumboy is making other chickens nervousdrumboy is making other chickens nervousdrumboy is making other chickens nervousdrumboy is making other chickens nervousdrumboy is making other chickens nervousdrumboy is making other chickens nervousdrumboy is making other chickens nervousdrumboy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Connor Mitch isn't even 2nd on the depth chart. There are some things going on with him.
Is anyone second on the depth chart? Are they all that good that it's a tough decision, or are there problems?
drumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #38
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickybenny View Post

I was trying to find info for a player in the Brad Scott error....um..era, and googled him. I saw this article about a game and we had 5 wins at that point and we had to win 1 against UT, UF, Arkansas or Clemson to get bowl eligible. I remember seasons like that.....and we didn't get there.

So much better now.

<shudder>
Old 07-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #39
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post

Adams is going pro if he has the season everyone in the program is expecting.

O-Line is losing 3 possible all Americans and if Matulis gets hurt again he is probably done.

Pharoh Cooper, Deebo Samuel, and a bunch of true and redshirt freshmen will probably make up the receiving corp.

If Brandon Wilds, Shon Carson, and David Williams all return then at least we will have a respectable backfield.
The interview the other week with SoS he said Mitch was still 2nd on the depth chart but as far as fall is concerned the decision to keep him there has not been made. I thought he looked good in the spring game. Time will tell, but I believe he is our backup as of right now.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:27 AM   #40
petecock
Recruit

Male

petecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervous

I expect more this year because we have a solid quarterback, potential jailbreaks at receiver, a big play threat in Cooper, a great running back and all-SEC linemen. Defensively, I believe we have linemen ready to step up, good linebackers who will become great, and yes, a questionable d backfield, whose answer awaits the first game.

As mentioned by others, take a look at the schedule.

Texas A&M is the perfect first game for us. Season opening, cross-divisional SEC game, on a Thursday night, in OUR house, and we have Coach Spurrier. How would you like to be in nouveau riche Sumlin's baby booties right then?

Aggies defense has no where to go except improve upon being last in the SEC, especially without Manziel to bail them out. We should run all over them. We should take an early lead, pressure their inexperienced quarterback to throw (behind a solid line), which is going to create opportunities for our defensive backs, and I believe that they will rise to the challenge!

We should win that game, have another week with a very good, pig-skin chuckin' East Carolina team, and then be ready for the BooDawgs.

Which reminds me, speaking of recruiting wealth, our coach knows how to get five-star play out of three-star men, which I believe will be evident at the conclusion of game three. And then, we are rolling!

This is our year boys!

*this rant sponsored by: Jim Jones sports-drink products, discorporated
petecock is offline   Reply With Quote