CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gurley or Davis (1285)
Lattimore Sidelined (1257)
Expect A Healthy Dos (1049)
Steve Spurrier - Say (999)
Coach's media golf p (535)
A house just blew up (489)
South Carolina Footb (425)
college football mat (415)
Minda Kacinas Q& (231)
Marines confront fak (207)
Gurley or Davis
Green and Lammons
2015 - Mon Denson
iPhone repair
Expect A Healthy Dose of
Dawg DL man arrested for
Texags
2014-15 Premier League se
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Christian Pellage

Old 07-12-2014, 01:20 AM   #61
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lebron James Going to Cavs - Breaking News

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
excellent old school reference. cleveland doesnt have the cap room to sign melo.
bron bron won't take a pay cut for another title....of course Cleveland had to give him a key to the city....literally, he now owns the town, not that's it worth anything.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:22 AM   #62
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Melo would also be a bad basketball fit. He plays bad D and holds the ball too much. He wouldn't be able to get out and run the way LeBron does.
he's been in the league for over a decade and doesn't have an assist yet.....
Old 07-12-2014, 01:25 AM   #63
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
The letter from LeBron rivals the Kevin Durant MVP speech. I think Wade will get a max offer from Miami. Bosh has been offered a max by Miami.
you know what would be great....if the Heat won the title without bron bron....
Old 07-12-2014, 01:30 AM   #64
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
the biggest winner in this whole deal are the people who are making and selling his jersey. The entire state of Ohio is running back to the store right now to buy another $150 jersey like the one they burned 4 years ago.
FIFY
Old 07-12-2014, 03:06 AM   #65
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I don't understand the hate for Lebron James. I can understand the hate for Miami fans and every bandwagon fan who joined in on that, but as for James, he is clearly talented. He didn't really do anything wrong in leaving Cleveland the first time. This is basketball as a game, but at the end of the day, it is still a business.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:30 AM   #66
Ahmad
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 356
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Sammie Watkins has a better chance of catching a TD in Williams-Brice before that happens.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #67
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

cleveland is soo desperate. I hate that place. I cant believe the videos of people thinking its the greatest thing ever. Do they not remember when he left? Cleveland should just burn to the ground...I've spent a year there I know.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #68
CockyCody
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 381
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I don't understand the hate for Lebron James. I can understand the hate for Miami fans and every bandwagon fan who joined in on that, but as for James, he is clearly talented. He didn't really do anything wrong in leaving Cleveland the first time. This is basketball as a game, but at the end of the day, it is still a business.
For me, it is all about humility. I admire his talent on the court but just don't like the way he comes off as being a little pompous. Maybe I am a little too old school when it comes to that kind of thing and I am sure that a lot of it is how ESPN and the like can't stay off of his nuts long enough to talk about much of anything else during basketball season other than "King James".

CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #69
A. Pilgrim
4-Star

Male

A. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post

The hate for Lebron is not difficult to understand.

Think about it- people like to say they lived and watched the best to ever play. For most people- who is that?

Michael Jordan.

To have someone who challenges MJ for the best ever (I'm not making that argument or comparison, but it is out there) is going to draw reactions from those who long for bygone days. They think back to their childhood of when they watched MJ, and they dont want to see someone take away that childhood wonder of watching the best ever.

Sure, even IF Lebron is the new 'best ever'...you're watching it as an adult now rather than that child-like wonder...so, we're more cynical.

Oh, and there's also the sore-loser aspects of Lebron...refusing to shake hands with opponents after certain key losses, pouting like a child, The Decision (yeah, yeah...i know, it wasn't him- it was the people around him, it was ESPN, yadda yadda yadda). Yeah, MJ might not have been the greatest person, either...but he didn't play during the same media, instant-everything environment that we have now.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #70
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post

Think about it- people like to say they lived and watched the best to ever play. For most people- who is that?

Michael Jordan.

To have someone who challenges MJ for the best ever (I'm not making that argument or comparison, but it is out there) is going to draw reactions from those who long for bygone days. They think back to their childhood of when they watched MJ, and they dont want to see someone take away that childhood wonder of watching the best ever.

Sure, even IF Lebron is the new 'best ever'...you're watching it as an adult now rather than that child-like wonder...so, we're more cynical.

Oh, and there's also the sore-loser aspects of Lebron...refusing to shake hands with opponents after certain key losses, pouting like a child, The Decision (yeah, yeah...i know, it wasn't him- it was the people around him, it was ESPN, yadda yadda yadda). Yeah, MJ might not have been the greatest person, either...but he didn't play during the same media, instant-everything environment that we have now.
Just stop.

You shouldn't have went to USC. You're way too smart.(then again this board...)

If I was your father I would have suggested uva
Old 07-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #71
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Glad he chose community and family over money.
COCKYWOOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #72
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
Glad he chose community and family over money.
What's great about what he did is he got to choose Community AND Family AND Money AND Basketball.

He's getting a max deal w/ the Cavs and they're actually the younger, fresher team. The Heat were washed up this past season (basically everyone not named Lebron or Bosh) and were the beneficiaries of the weak East competition. The Cavs are young, for sure, but they have much fresher legs and can take the shape of the container, as it were, and follow Lebron's lead.

If they can somehow swing landing Love and hang on to Wiggins they'll be the favorites in the East and it won't even be close. (And if they don't end up w/ Love they're still going to be the No. 1 or 2 seed.)

It was the perfect storm scenario for him to return home to his community, get the max contract (Which he absolutely deserves) and contend for titles moving forward.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:33 PM   #73
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyCody View Post
For me, it is all about humility. I admire his talent on the court but just don't like the way he comes off as being a little pompous. Maybe I am a little too old school when it comes to that kind of thing and I am sure that a lot of it is how ESPN and the like can't stay off of his nuts long enough to talk about much of anything else during basketball season other than "King James".

You DO know why his nickname is "King James" right?

You DO know why he changed his jersey number from 23 to 6 right?
Old 07-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #74
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
You DO know why his nickname is "King James" right?

You DO know why he changed his jersey number from 23 to 6 right?
I do. Do you? Even if he didn't give himself the king James moniker seems extremely arrogant to refer to himself in texts. " yo this is king James wanna play together next year?" Now granted this was 4 years ago and he has grown. The player he sent it too said it was over the top do you Jordan refers to himself as his airness?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #75
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post

Michael Jordan.

Which is why there will never be another Jordan until all of the MJ fanbois die off. Kobe, LeBron, basically anyone who has ever been anointed as the "Next Jordan" was doomed from the beginning, because the Jordan fans (who vastly outnumber those who aren't Jordan fans and thus control the narrative) will do everything in their power to make sure their king isn't dethroned on their watch.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:20 PM   #76
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
If that happens then I'll get a sex change.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #77
A. Pilgrim
4-Star

Male

A. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudly

Who the hell calls him "bron bron?"

I don't even care for him but think that's ridiculous. Not to mention I've never seen or heard that one till this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #78
Ahmad
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 356
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Which is why there will never be another Jordan until all of the MJ fanbois die off. Kobe, LeBron, basically anyone who has ever been anointed as the "Next Jordan" was doomed from the beginning, because the Jordan fans (who vastly outnumber those who aren't Jordan fans and thus control the narrative) will do everything in their power to make sure their king isn't dethroned on their watch.
Well said
Old 07-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #79
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
The fanbois don't have to defend it as long as the Spurs boat race his teams in the finals.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #80
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Maybe there will be another MJ, but it sure as hell isn't Lebron. Anybody who has watched both of them play should laugh at the comparison. They really aren't the same kind of player, but James clearly can't hold Jordan's jock strap.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote