CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
JaxcockFL
doubledribble
SMOTFS86
GregoryHouse
Cockhornleghorn
B-G
Regalcock
JerseyBird
2014 Subway Classic: (2109)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1598)
Former Gamecock root (1445)
Franks boy's are pla (1290)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Has the window close (630)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (587)
Kentucky is dominati (561)
Bruce!!! (556)
Question for those w (461)
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Has the window closed for
The Vent and Coaching cha
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Bruce!!!
Franks boy's are playing
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Question for those who ha
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Decommitment from Texas A

Old 08-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #21
petecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
petecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Home winning streak.

Can't add much but want to point out that our coach loves firsts.

We have a first ever match-up with Texas A&M.

Coach Spurrier always brings something extra for these games
Old 08-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #22
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Home winning streak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I think the mindset in the OP is understandable for this time of year. I think
we're all sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for the season to start.
a month ago, it wasn't as bad because we realized it was still several weeks
away. Another week from now we as fans will start getting into "Game
Mode" realizing it is only days away now instead of weeks. ..... BUT EVERY
YEAR, 10-14 days from kickoff is that area where we're wanting it to get
here, and realize it's still just beyond our "comfort zone". We start thinking
all kinds of things and "what ifs" and "are we ready" kind of ideas pop in
our heads. Most of it comes from what we see or hear in the media. Mainly
we hear them reporting on all these other team's improvements and about
all our opponent's standout players and their top recruit's making a big
splash for them in practice. A lot of times those reports are accompanied
by video highlights of those players making good plays in practice or their
spring game. We get edgy thinking about having to play them, and we
start thinking ....Hmmm, maybe these guys aren't going to be the pushovers
we pictured them being three, four five weeks or so ago. That's because
the media weren't preparing for the start of the season and having to
cover all these teams back then. NOW, two weeks or less before the
start of the season and we have time to see those reports and start
wondering and worrying.
I came to realize this a few years ago, and it has curbed my "two week
dead zone" worries. ... These are simply highlights of our opponents
team and certain players. They have to pick those out to show the best
of each team while they are reporting on the improvement of them the
year before. They are hand picked plays out of MANY. Every team has
them in their practice and last year's footage. MAINLY....While we are
watching and sometimes worrying about the improvements of our opponents,
Our opponent's fans are watching and worrying about our clips and highlights
of our improvements and our big play guys (Pharoh, Dylan, Shaq, Mike,
Brandon etc...) and practice footage of our new guys (like Samuel, Harris,
Lammons, BA Williams etc...) They are worrying about us right now, while
we are worrying about them right now.

ALL that matters is when we strap on the helmet and go hit somebody
when it all starts a week from Thursday.

You're exactly right Spurt, exactly right. I am nervous but I think what worries me the most is us having a mindset that we are unbeatable at home. That kind of overconfident mentality can screw us. I guess it's a gift and a curse. A nice gift but one that needs a warning label.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #23
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

18 isnt much compared to the Hurricanes who disnt lose at the oange bowl for ten years. Let that sink in.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #24
rabid cock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 10437
rabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudlyrabid cock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
You're exactly right Spurt, exactly right. I am nervous but I think what worries me the most is us having a mindset that we are unbeatable at home. That kind of overconfident mentality can screw us. I guess it's a gift and a curse. A nice gift but one that needs a warning label.
By US, I assume you mean US, the fans. As long as the players don't have this mindset, we are okay.

In my opinion, the players will not be overconfident, depending on US too much. I think our coaches have a feel for this sort of thing.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #25
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

i will admit i have met some gamecock fans who are and have been very boastful/over confident/braggy the last few years.. grinds my gear a little but thats just me
Old 08-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #26
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

[quote=TonyVercetti;4227416]18 isnt much compared to the Hurricanes who disnt lose at the oange bowl for ten years. Let that sink in.[/QUOTE

Is that your home or the Dolphins? With all that gangsta $ the U has access to, seems that they could build a stadium for all of their fans. Say one that seats about 30K. That way you might be able to fill it for once.

CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:23 PM   #27
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

We play 1 game at a time. Let the streak continue and when it does come to an end, teams will still fear coming to WB!
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #28
scz71864
5 Star Frat

Male

CockyCash: 200
scz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPitscz71864 rules the CockPit

I think when you have a streak like we have it motivates our players. It gives them a MOJO and a mindset. Like Spurt is said, all great things come to an end. just like the SEC with the national title streak. We will lose at home again. But you take the streak and the hype and run with it. We are not the type of team to slack off because we have a number next to our schools name of how many games we have won.

scz71864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #29
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

All things come to an end just like having never lost a home post season baseball game in the Tanner or the consecutive NCAA win streak in baseball all came to an end, all the players need to do is take one game at the time.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:56 PM   #30
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Kinda wish our fans would quit crying, the season starts in less than 2 weeks. Go do something productive.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:11 AM   #31
cockycrazy2001
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 890
cockycrazy2001 has hatched from the shell

I'm just excited to get the season going again but if you look at our schedule we have a good chance of going undefeated at home all of this season as well. We have
ATM...which will be a challenge for both sides of the ball with it being the first game of the year and still getting the rust off of the players and allowing them to hit other people.
East Carolina...running the hurry up triple option stuff always scares me but we have done really well with it as of lately so they don't worry me AS much.
Georgia...always a huge game for both sides, the rivalry with them is continually growing so fun game
Mizzou...playing Maty Mauk vs DT again but I think DT will be more comfortable with it being at home and we will keep the governors cup in the better Columbia
Furman...well, it's furman. Don't see this being much of a game.
Tennessee...the guys are pissed from last year and are looking for revenge. Tenn lost a lot of big time players but kept some of their receiving core.
South Alabama...see furman...
cockycrazy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote