CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
roosterdude21
CockyLifer
2000grad
TRBTB
Regalcock
MountainCock
Morris to SMU (5430)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1804)
Clemson fans (1506)
Carolina on a Walmar (1232)
Game simulation (836)
End of the aTm / LSU (539)
Have we been favored (409)
Venables to TAMU? (327)
Origin Sale Too (264)
Women's Soccer Elite (242)
Morris to SMU
Clemson Stadium Gamecock
Women's Soccer Elite Eigh
Venables to TAMU?
Constant Updates on Watso
2015 Commitment - Arden K
2015 Commitment - Dexter
marshall/WKU
Carolina on a Walmart com
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W

Old 08-16-2014, 11:01 PM   #21
lchite4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
lchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: QB Kenny Hill named starting QB for TAMU

Carolina4Life is doing an epic troll job.
lchite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:02 PM   #22
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
You're about as bad as WeStillOwnUSC. Good day sir.
Im on your side and you have your panties in a wad over some guy who has barely any experience. You need to believe. Wake up

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:32 PM   #23
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=208959

please combine both threads.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:41 PM   #24
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

God damn. Before anyone in this thread looks MORE ignorant: your /=/ you're. Learn how to spell - Christ.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:50 PM   #25
spurman14
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 600
spurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talons

Honest question gamecock1137, how long have you been a gamecock fan? Actually, how long have you been following the game of football? Just wondering. Not trying to insinuate anything.

No doubt about it that our stadium is a very tough place to come into and win regardless of who you are. Much less a freshman. But to completely right ANYONE off who has the talent level to come in and earn a starting job at a big time program off the bat is, in a since, ignorant. No one is afraid of anyone. But we have no idea what can happen. Including you. That's why the game is played on the field, not on paper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't kenny hill pretty highly rated coming out of hs?

Like i said, anything can happen. The odds are against him. But don't count your chickens before they hatch. Hopefully I'm wrong, but my gut feeling is that This is going to be a tough opener for us and will be a great measuring stick for what we can expect from our young secondary.

"If the army and the navy, ever gazed on heaven's scenes, they'd find the streets are guarded by United States Marines."

- Semper Fi
spurman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:54 PM   #26
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Apparently your scared. Over some kid named Kenny Hill who has never played a meaningful snap in college, and he is coming into Williams-Brice Stadium to prove he is a real QB. Yet your willing to bet this guy gonna be good.. its stupid really. Do you think if Connor Mitch were the starting QB guys like yourself and others wouldn't be worried as hell? Just saying. And he is actually a good QB.
Please learn the differences of your and you're. It's stupid really.

Thanks,
CT

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see someone else pointed it out already.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:56 PM   #27
spurman14
4-Star

Male

spurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
You just had an entire argument about a player you didnt even research. I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T

Who the heck is "scared"? The kid is playing D-1 football which mean's he has talent and is good enough to help the team win. Its called respect not fear. Stop being such a tool.
Glad to see we agree robg. This is the point I'm trying to make.

"If the army and the navy, ever gazed on heaven's scenes, they'd find the streets are guarded by United States Marines."

- Semper Fi
Old 08-17-2014, 12:02 AM   #28
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
He hasn't had one snap in college ball yet your willing to say he is talented? Willing to bet he will put up the points on us in our house? Dude your living in 2005.
A guy can be talented but not experienced. Don't see how that is so far out of the realm of possibilities. He's got one hell of a test for his first starting job. Prime time vs a very tough team in their house where they (we) have the longest home winning streak in the nation.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:10 AM   #29
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
His past games have never impressed you? Yet he won those games? Including the pass to Ellington over Michigan with 11 seconds left to seal the deal? I didn't know Steve Spurrier had multiple accounts on Cockytalk, because that is the only way anyone here could not be impressed.
Again, low completion % , a streaky qb. I hope he gets more consistent, if he does that he will be great, but there is no guarentee he is going to come out looking like a vet. I think most gamecock fans are interested in how he performs. It isnt a lock

for willy
GamecockUltimate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:40 AM   #30
vthokies
4-Star

Male

vthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his claws

No one will really know how good they are till they get in the game.... I mean jameis Winston didn't have many snaps either but look how that turned out...
vthokies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:55 AM   #31
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws

Quote:
He hasn't had one snap in college ball yet your willing to say he is talented? Willing to bet he will put up the points on us in our house? Dude your living in 2005.
You were already called out, but I'll say it myself:

I don't think that word means what you think it means. Not sure you really did your HW before spewing out fiction. You, like most fans, probably just pull stuff out of your rear. Regardless, it should be a fun game. I can't wait to experience the atmosphere.

You probably shouldn't come off sounding too cocky otherwise the egg on your face is going to look really thick (or whatever it is...) if you lose the game.
evan_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:59 AM   #32
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurman14 View Post
Honest question gamecock1137, how long have you been a gamecock fan? Actually, how long have you been following the game of football? Just wondering. Not trying to insinuate anything.

No doubt about it that our stadium is a very tough place to come into and win regardless of who you are. Much less a freshman. But to completely right ANYONE off who has the talent level to come in and earn a starting job at a big time program off the bat is, in a since, ignorant. No one is afraid of anyone. But we have no idea what can happen. Including you. That's why the game is played on the field, not on paper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't kenny hill pretty highly rated coming out of hs?

Like i said, anything can happen. The odds are against him. But don't count your chickens before they hatch. Hopefully I'm wrong, but my gut feeling is that This is going to be a tough opener for us and will be a great measuring stick for what we can expect from our young secondary.

Well said Spurman. In 3 years (HS) Kenny compiled 8200 yards in the air (68%) and 3000+ yards on the ground. 130 total TD, I think 86 passing and 64 rushing.

I'm not putting the cart before the horse (we really can't with a new QB on our D), but I'm trying to be realistic. I'll be really surprised if we don't cover the spread.
evan_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:02 AM   #33
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

You guys are all fools, because you are arguing about him being a freshman.... The guy is a sophomore and was our backup last year...
Lol... Wouldn't matter what he is because none of you bothered to even look it up... Just arguing for the sake of arguing.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:15 AM   #34
spurman14
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
You guys are all fools, because you are arguing about him being a freshman.... The guy is a sophomore and was our backup last year...
Lol... Wouldn't matter what he is because none of you bothered to even look it up... Just arguing for the sake of arguing.
You're missing the point. But I'll give you that one. Hell, excuse us for trying to show YOUR player some respect.

- Semper Fi
Old 08-17-2014, 01:39 AM   #35
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:44 AM   #36
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurman14 View Post
You're missing the point. But I'll give you that one. Hell, excuse us for trying to show YOUR player some respect.
I was talking about the ones saying he was a freshman and never played a down...

Semper Fi to you by the way brother.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:45 AM   #37
BiscoCocky
Recruit

Male

BiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
He looked good against Sam Houston state, they're an fcs school but they may arguably have a better defense that what he's seeing in practice, so you might have a point.

Last edited by BiscoCocky; 08-17-2014 at 04:06 AM.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:51 AM   #38
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
Well said Spurman. In 3 years (HS) Kenny compiled 8200 yards in the air (68%) and 3000+ yards on the ground. 130 total TD, I think 86 passing and 64 rushing.

I'm not putting the cart before the horse (we really can't with a new QB on our D), but I'm trying to be realistic. I'll be really surprised if we don't cover the spread.
Little known fact, we a few years ago had the all time leading passer in the state of alabama...chris smelley...that didnt work out so well. Also i believe nosovitch's numbers were very good in hs.... Take that for whats it's worth

for willy
GamecockUltimate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:43 AM   #39
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I find it stupid funny how all of you seem to compare yet not complain about the backup qb for A&M. Saying dumb shit like Winston didn't have to wait and he was this and that, but the mention of any member of Cocky Talk about Connor Mitch and HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE HE JUST A REDSHIRT FRESHMEN YO. GTFO

To the posters who feel the need to point out the difference in your and you're, thanks for letting me and everyone else know you have nothing else to contribute to the conversation other than be a grammar nazi. In the internet we call these people trolls.

I am sure that Kenny Hill is the next Johnny Football, I am about positive that will happen to that team twice in a row. Also, do not question how long I have been a Gamecock, I can tell how long some of you have been a Gamecock. The new guys have a clear mind and a great belief in our team, when you old Gamecocks are ready to join us there is plenty of room on this side. The Winning Side.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:21 AM   #40
TexAgTrojan
Walk On

Male

TexAgTrojan has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Little known fact, we a few years ago had the all time leading passer in the state of alabama...chris smelley...that didnt work out so well. Also i believe nosovitch's numbers were very good in hs.... Take that for whats it's worth
This not just directed at you...

Manziel was a 3star prospect as well, and both he and Hill were the Texas Gatorade players of the year. Not sure how respected SC HS football is, I rarely hear of them, but to be the Gatorade player of the year in Texas means something. Manziel was and proved everyone else wrong.

Hill is a sophmore and a very capable QB. I hope your team gives him the same respect you do, because he will toast them if so. He was 4 for 4 and threw a td on the first series of his college career, and it wasnt against an FCS opponent.

And please dont compare Alabama qb's with Texas qb's. That state has a history of coming to Texas to get a good one. Heck most of the country comes to Texas to get our HS qb's:

Greg McElroy - Southlake Carroll - Alabama
Drew Brees (Saints) – Austin Westlake - Purdue
Andy Dalton (Bengals) – Katy - TCU
Chase Daniel
(Chiefs) – Southlake Carroll - Mizzouri
Matt Flynn (Raiders, Packers) – Tyler Lee - LSU
Nick Foles (Eagles) - Austin Westlake
- Michigan State
Robert Griffin III (Redskins) – Copperas Cove - Baylor
Case Keenum (Texans) – Abilene Wylie - Houston
Andrew Luck (Colts) – Houston Stratford - Stanford
Josh McCown
(Bears) – Jacksonville - SMU
Christian Ponder (Vikings) – Colleyville Heritage - Florida State
Matthew Stafford (Lions) – Highland Park - Georgia
Ryan Tannehill (Dolphins) – Big Spring - A&M
Johnny Manziel
(Browns)Tivy - A&M

Last edited by TexAgTrojan; 08-17-2014 at 04:34 AM.
TexAgTrojan is offline   Reply With Quote