CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
garnet_black215
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
Ahmad
wumarshall82
b381l
Order 66
CockyGuy
Thoughts on Shawn El (1611)
10-2 (1560)
UK promoting a black (1375)
Time for a new coach (954)
Four UK Players Susp (861)
Coach Gaines: " (842)
Connor Shaw's fault. (584)
I Was Dealing With T (545)
Since everyone loves (457)
Build a New Stadium (455)
Connor Mitch
I Was Dealing With The Lo
QB Recruiting Strategy
Any prospects w/whom our
Four UK Players Suspended
Build a New Stadium
This program has no ideni
How much $$ would you lit
Just my 2 Cents
Gamecock cheerleader with


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #241
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N
 
Acockolypse Now's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 14,867
CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Shaw in Browns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
Oh yeah, I am sure you would have been as cool as the other side of the pillow as a 21 year old kid about to become a millionaire?

under that logic - anyone that was a good begger could have gotten drafted in the first round by an NFL team huh? I am sure they would not have done any research on what they wanted in a first round pick. The guy was just persistent and a hell of a salesman...

I actually have a transcript of that call:

JFF - "Hey Cleveland Browns??? "
Browns - "Yeah... Who is this???"
JFF - "Johhny Football guys, come on you know me"
Browns - "oh hey JFF, what can we do for you?"
JFF - "Well I noticed that you have this pick coming up very soon and I am still available"
Browns - "really? you know, you were completely off our radar"
JFF - "Come on guys I am really good, have you seen all of my records that I broke in the NCAA and the fact that I have the top 3 Offensive games ever in the SEC and all the records I broke there too... Oh yeah and that Heisman, don't forget about the Heisman"
Browns - "yeah I don't know JFF, we really have not given much thought to you, we were looking at that Shaw kid from S. Carolina"
JFF - "But I was projected to be a first round pick and I have fallen to number 22, only 10 picks left and I really need this"
Browns - "Yeah we noticed that, but we are going to have to trade up to get that pick and that is going to really cost us to do that... so you need this huh?"
JFF - "yeah really bad, come on guys please??? Shaw will be there later if you want him"
Browns - "let us think about it, we have several minutes left to decide"
JFF "ok, but remember I will be the most polarizing player you have ever had, will sell more Jerseys than anyone before the season, even before it starts, AND I will give you the highest ratings ever for any pre-season game on the first one that I play in."
Browns - "Well you drive a hard bargain JFF, I guess when you put it that way, we will see what kind of trade we can make to get the 22nd pick and let you know... No Promises though"
JFF - "Ok guys, just let me know soon, I am on the phone with several other teams begging them and pitching them the same thing"

And with the 22nd pick of the 2014 NFL Draft the Clevelan Browns select...
Johnny Manziel

And that is how the deal went down
Here's how it's done dude:

JFF - "Hey baby, you seeing me on TV right now? I got that itch!"
Browns - "Who is this? How did you get this number?"
JFF - "It's Johhny Football baby, don't act like you don't remember me, you're not the only Hooter's girl out there."
Browns - "You've got the wrong number, this is the Cleveland Browns!"
JFF - "Oh snap, my bad! lol"
Browns - "We're kind of busy, and you may have just cost yourself a job in Cleveland"
JFF - "Oh thank God"
Browns - "Are you always this unprofessional?"
JFF - "No, occasionally I throw TD passes and make freakish plays like doing flips off the backs of my offensive linemen. How'd your QB do last year anyway?"
Browns - "That's immaterial. You need to realize that as an NFL QB you're the face of the franchise, and teams aren't going to draft someone that will damage that image"
JFF "Bitch please. Ray Rice is serving a 2 game suspension for using his GF's head as a stress reliever. Face of the franchise?... Imma get faced alright, starting 2Night, ya 'herd? "
Browns - "Jesus... There's no getting through to you! I don't have time for this, our pick is coming up. Do you realize the amount of press that type of behavior will generate?! Do you realize how much the national media would talk about the Browns.... hey... wait a minute...."
JFF - "Why my phone ringing?"
__________________
Always remember... stay Feisty.
Acockolypse Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #242
Flameout12
1st Team All-American
 
Flameout12's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chas-Ladson
Posts: 10,072
CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Shaw in Browns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
JFF - "Why my phone ringing?"
"Who dat"?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #243
CockyInSeattle
4-Star
 
CockyInSeattle's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 475
CockyCash: 500
CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit
Default Re: Connor Shaw in Browns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
That pic looks to me like everyone is listening to Rex.

What is he saying?

"F it just go Deep"
LOL

CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #244
GH
Moonocababa
 
GH's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 18,778
CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Shaw in Browns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Here's how it's done dude:

JFF - "Hey baby, you seeing me on TV right now? I got that itch!"
Browns - "Who is this? How did you get this number?"
JFF - "It's Johhny Football baby, don't act like you don't remember me, you're not the only Hooter's girl out there."
Browns - "You've got the wrong number, this is the Cleveland Browns!"
JFF - "Oh snap, my bad! lol"
Browns - "We're kind of busy, and you may have just cost yourself a job in Cleveland"
JFF - "Oh thank God"
Browns - "Are you always this unprofessional?"
JFF - "No, occasionally I throw TD passes and make freakish plays like doing flips off the backs of my offensive linemen. How'd your QB do last year anyway?"
Browns - "That's immaterial. You need to realize that as an NFL QB you're the face of the franchise, and teams aren't going to draft someone that will damage that image"
JFF "Bitch please. Ray Rice is serving a 2 game suspension for using his GF's head as a stress reliever. Face of the franchise?... Imma get faced alright, starting 2Night, ya 'herd? "
Browns - "Jesus... There's no getting through to you! I don't have time for this, our pick is coming up. Do you realize the amount of press that type of behavior will generate?! Do you realize how much the national media would talk about the Browns.... hey... wait a minute...."
JFF - "Why my phone ringing?"

That is what I am talking about.
__________________
Yech, I can hear you misspelling words as you speak!
GH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:44 PM   #245
B-G
Bowl MVP
 
B-G's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wall Street
Posts: 2,290
CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit
Default Re: Connor Shaw in Browns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInSeattle View Post
LOL

Finally someone else got it (must not be a lot of people that follow all sports around here)
__________________
#TeamAPilgrim
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:22 AM   #246
Aggie96
Resident Aggie
 
Aggie96's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 374
CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Connor Shaw in Browns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Here's how it's done dude:

JFF - "Hey baby, you seeing me on TV right now? I got that itch!"
Browns - "Who is this? How did you get this number?"
JFF - "It's Johhny Football baby, don't act like you don't remember me, you're not the only Hooter's girl out there."
Browns - "You've got the wrong number, this is the Cleveland Browns!"
JFF - "Oh snap, my bad! lol"
Browns - "We're kind of busy, and you may have just cost yourself a job in Cleveland"
JFF - "Oh thank God"
Browns - "Are you always this unprofessional?"
JFF - "No, occasionally I throw TD passes and make freakish plays like doing flips off the backs of my offensive linemen. How'd your QB do last year anyway?"
Browns - "That's immaterial. You need to realize that as an NFL QB you're the face of the franchise, and teams aren't going to draft someone that will damage that image"
JFF "Bitch please. Ray Rice is serving a 2 game suspension for using his GF's head as a stress reliever. Face of the franchise?... Imma get faced alright, starting 2Night, ya 'herd? "
Browns - "Jesus... There's no getting through to you! I don't have time for this, our pick is coming up. Do you realize the amount of press that type of behavior will generate?! Do you realize how much the national media would talk about the Browns.... hey... wait a minute...."
JFF - "Why my phone ringing?"
Yeah not so much on that one... Plus it didn't fit the bill for him "calling and begging them"

__________________
Gig 'Em - you can eat the apple, but don't F with the Corps!
Aggie96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:51 AM   #247
CockyInSeattle
4-Star
 
CockyInSeattle's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 475
CockyCash: 500
CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit
Default Re: Connor Shaw in Browns?

I think Manziel has the brains and physical talent to make it at the next level. He may be the next Broadway Joe, except he's stuck in Ohio. I won't fault him for partying other places. There is no there there. Of course I'd say the same thing about Dallas. Never been to College Station.
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #248
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N
 
Acockolypse Now's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 14,867
CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Shaw in Browns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
Yeah not so much on that one... Plus it didn't fit the bill for him "calling and begging them"

You are humorless and lack a human soul.

Fine:

JFF - "Hey guys! Johnny Football here! Just wanted to tell you how excited I am to be a Brown!"
Browns - "Manziel? How did you get this number?"
JFF - "Jimmy Haslam gave it to me last week after we did lines in the Ritz bathroom"
Browns - "Oh God... look we're busy here and we have no plans currently to draft you."
JFF - "That's not what J-Has said. I did a bump off a hooker's taint and he said, 'I've GOT to have that in Cleveland!'"
Browns - "Mr. Haslan said no such thing, stop texting us."
JFF - "Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok, I'm sorry! "
Browns - "..."
JFF - "Guys? For serious, I need a job."
JFF - "I got into a little debt with the Zetas down in Juarez."
JFF - "They said they'd cut my head off."
Browns - "That's enough. I'm sure someone will take a chance on you later in the draft. Please stop, we're busy."
JFF "Alright look, here's the deal. I WON A HEISMAN BITCH. "
Browns - "Great. You and Gino Torretta have something in common."
JFF - "You don't understand! You see the girl next to me at my table, look at the damn TV! I told her I was going to be a first round pick. She getting antsy! She said she was going to talk to Clowney if my phone didn't start ringing!"
Browns - "Johnny, look, we don't think you're a good fit for Cleveland, you wouldn't like it here, you'd be bored. Are you aware of our commitment to mediocrity?"
JFF - "Dude, I did three years in College Station! Do you know what that's like? It's in the middle of nowhere! Their idea of fun is shaving their balls and standing at attention. Anything's better than this weird-ass sausage-fest!"
Browns - "Stop it, not interested, give Jerry Jones a call."
JFF - "Nah, I can't party with Jerry no more, court order."
Browns - "Goodbye Johnny. We wish you the best of luck."
JFF - "A'ight, but before you go tell Mr. Haslan I haven't uploaded the Vegas pictures to Instagram yet. Tell him since I'm sitting here bored I'll probably do it now."
......
Browns - "Mr. Manziel? Mr. Haslan instructed me to welcome you to the Browns. Expect a call shortly."
JFF - "I'm gettin' laid bitch!!!!"
__________________
Always remember... stay Feisty.
Acockolypse Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:05 AM   #249
Aggie96
Resident Aggie
 
Aggie96's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 374
CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Connor Shaw in Browns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
You are humorless and lack a human soul.

Fine:

JFF - "Hey guys! Johnny Football here! Just wanted to tell you how excited I am to be a Brown!"
Browns - "Manziel? How did you get this number?"
JFF - "Jimmy Haslam gave it to me last week after we did lines in the Ritz bathroom"
Browns - "Oh God... look we're busy here and we have no plans currently to draft you."
JFF - "That's not what J-Has said. I did a bump off a hooker's taint and he said, 'I've GOT to have that in Cleveland!'"
Browns - "Mr. Haslan said no such thing, stop texting us."
JFF - "Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok, I'm sorry! "
Browns - "..."
JFF - "Guys? For serious, I need a job."
JFF - "I got into a little debt with the Zetas down in Juarez."
JFF - "They said they'd cut my head off."
Browns - "That's enough. I'm sure someone will take a chance on you later in the draft. Please stop, we're busy."
JFF "Alright look, here's the deal. I WON A HEISMAN BITCH. "
Browns - "Great. You and Gino Torretta have something in common."
JFF - "You don't understand! You see the girl next to me at my table, look at the damn TV! I told her I was going to be a first round pick. She getting antsy! She said she was going to talk to Clowney if my phone didn't start ringing!"
Browns - "Johnny, look, we don't think you're a good fit for Cleveland, you wouldn't like it here, you'd be bored. Are you aware of our commitment to mediocrity?"
JFF - "Dude, I did three years in College Station! Do you know what that's like? It's in the middle of nowhere! Their idea of fun is shaving their balls and standing at attention. Anything's better than this weird-ass sausage-fest!"
Browns - "Stop it, not interested, give Jerry Jones a call."
JFF - "Nah, I can't party with Jerry no more, court order."
Browns - "Goodbye Johnny. We wish you the best of luck."
JFF - "A'ight, but before you go tell Mr. Haslan I haven't uploaded the Vegas pictures to Instagram yet. Tell him since I'm sitting here bored I'll probably do it now."
......
Browns - "Mr. Manziel? Mr. Haslan instructed me to welcome you to the Browns. Expect a call shortly."
JFF - "I'm gettin' laid bitch!!!!"
MUCH BETTER!
__________________
Gig 'Em - you can eat the apple, but don't F with the Corps!
Aggie96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:08 AM   #250
B-G
Bowl MVP
 
B-G's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wall Street
Posts: 2,290
CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit
Default Re: Connor Shaw in Browns?

Don't think he will get any snaps Monday.
__________________
#TeamAPilgrim
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:10 AM   #251
evan_aggie
Recruit
 
evan_aggie's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin
Posts: 138
CockyCash: 500
evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Connor Shaw in Browns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Don't think he will get any snaps Monday.

From ESPN...

Pettine has gone back and forth on the fourth preseason game, but Saturday he said his team needs the work so the starters probably would play. Including the quarterback. ... Josh Gordon returned to practice after missing time with a hamstring. Pettine said he's hopeful Gordon will play Monday. ... Brian Hoyer on whether Monday night is crucial with a quarterback decision coming the next day: "Every game is crucial." ... Hoyer added he doesn't watch ESPN so he's not aware of how the game is being promoted. ... No decision yet on whether Rex Grossman will play, but it sounds like Connor Shaw will get a long look in the second half
evan_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:35 PM   #252
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N
 
Acockolypse Now's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 14,867
CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Shaw in Browns?

I realize that my true genius won't recognized until after I'm gone but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Browns - "Stop it, not interested, give Jerry Jones a call."
JFF - "Nah, I can't party with Jerry no more, court order."
Quote:
Report: Jerry Jones Was Physically Barred From Drafting Johnny Manziel
It appears that Jerry Jones is still operating the Dallas Cowboys by following the "Drunk Uncle" school of management. Which is to say, his own children still need to physically prevent him from making franchise-altering decisions on the fly.

http://deadspin.com/report-jerry-jon...paign=mondayPM
__________________
Always remember... stay Feisty.
Acockolypse Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development