CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
ConwayGamecock
Cocks N Stuff
Sandstorm29
Cockypantherfan
Gamecocks1137
cockybreeyan
Lonnie
CoverTwo
Travelin
Wilds & Carson B (1488)
Marquavius Lewis (1316)
How Long Will The Re (833)
So, why is next year (689)
Restaurant musts in (632)
S & F article on (390)
Brad Lawing USC / Fl (304)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (281)
Spurrier Says " (226)
'Lord of the Rings: (146)
Custom Jersey
Why do so many of you guy
2015 - Mark Fields
So, why is next year goin
Marquavius Lewis
**USC Women vs. Hampton G
2015 Commitment - Dexter
The Vent and Coaching cha
Restaurant musts in NYC
Wilds & Carson Back f

Old 08-17-2014, 04:23 AM   #41
TexAgTrojan
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
TexAgTrojan has hatched from the shell
Default Re: QB Kenny Hill named starting QB for TAMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
He looked good against Sam Houston state, they're an fcs school but they may arguably have a better defense that what he's seeing in practice, so you might have a point.
you're in for a surprise if you think A&M's defense has not improved since last year. The class is full of top defensive guys from Texas
TexAgTrojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:59 AM   #42
spurman14
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 600
spurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I find it stupid funny how all of you seem to compare yet not complain about the backup qb for A&M. Saying dumb shit like Winston didn't have to wait and he was this and that, but the mention of any member of Cocky Talk about Connor Mitch and HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE HE JUST A REDSHIRT FRESHMEN YO. GTFO

To the posters who feel the need to point out the difference in your and you're, thanks for letting me and everyone else know you have nothing else to contribute to the conversation other than be a grammar nazi. In the internet we call these people trolls.

I am sure that Kenny Hill is the next Johnny Football, I am about positive that will happen to that team twice in a row. Also, do not question how long I have been a Gamecock, I can tell how long some of you have been a Gamecock. The new guys have a clear mind and a great belief in our team, when you old Gamecocks are ready to join us there is plenty of room on this side. The Winning Side.
Lolz.

"If the army and the navy, ever gazed on heaven's scenes, they'd find the streets are guarded by United States Marines."

- Semper Fi
spurman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:02 AM   #43
BiscoCocky
Recruit

Male

BiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAgTrojan View Post
you're in for a surprise if you think A&M's defense has not improved since last year. The class is full of top defensive guys from Texas
Getting the top Defensive players in the STATE OF TEXAS has worked out real well for ut the last couple of years right? If you Guys finish 100th overall in defense that's an improvement from last year, so it's not like guys can get any worse. Cherry on top you raided Nebraska for your new d coordinator, so again until it actually happens I'll be a skeptic. Also check out per capa which state puts the most players in the nfl, hint sc>tx.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:05 AM   #44
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Coach: Hey you there in the jacket! Get out there!
Kenny: I re wnana ree dannaerr reeehh!
Kyle: Pheeeww, I thought it was going to me.
Stan: You, know what's about to happen right? Be ready to say it.
Kyle: Yeah, dude, I know.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:34 AM   #45
SuperCockMaster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

Quote:
He hasn't had one snap in college ball yet your willing to say he is talented? Willing to bet he will put up the points on us in our house? Dude your living in 2005.
you're*
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:42 AM   #46
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
You were already called out, but I'll say it myself:

I don't think that word means what you think it means. Not sure you really did your HW before spewing out fiction. You, like most fans, probably just pull stuff out of your rear. Regardless, it should be a fun game. I can't wait to experience the atmosphere.

You probably shouldn't come off sounding too cocky otherwise the egg on your face is going to look really thick (or whatever it is...) if you lose the game.
I don't even think he is one of ours. Sounds like a Clemson troll trying to make the rest of us look like idiots.

Quote:
Did you change our offensive scheme? If not, I don't see a lot of improvement. Defense is a systemic issue for hurry up teams.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:48 AM   #47
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Yazoo, you crack me up.

This is one of ours, it's GamecockMastermind

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #48
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
This not just directed at you...

Manziel was a 3star prospect as well, and both he and Hill were the Texas Gatorade players of the year. Not sure how respected SC HS football is, I rarely hear of them, but to be the Gatorade player of the year in Texas means something. Manziel was and proved everyone else wrong.

Hill is a sophmore and a very capable QB. I hope your team gives him the same respect you do, because he will toast them if so. He was 4 for 4 and threw a td on the first series of his college career, and it wasnt against an FCS opponent.

And please dont compare Alabama qb's with Texas qb's. That state has a history of coming to Texas to get a good one. Heck most of the country comes to Texas to get our HS qb's:

Greg McElroy - Southlake Carroll - Alabama
Drew Brees (Saints) Austin Westlake - Purdue
Andy Dalton (Bengals) Katy - TCU
Chase Daniel
(Chiefs) Southlake Carroll - Mizzouri
Matt Flynn (Raiders, Packers) Tyler Lee - LSU
Nick Foles (Eagles) - Austin Westlake
- Michigan State
Robert Griffin III (Redskins) Copperas Cove - Baylor
Case Keenum (Texans) Abilene Wylie - Houston
Andrew Luck (Colts) Houston Stratford - Stanford
Josh McCown
(Bears) Jacksonville - SMU
Christian Ponder (Vikings) Colleyville Heritage - Florida State
Matthew Stafford (Lions) Highland Park - Georgia
Ryan Tannehill (Dolphins) Big Spring - A&M
Johnny Manziel
(Browns) Tivy - A&M

Feel like your trying to steal players from their respective states at this point. 3 out of that 15 or so have made a name for themselves in the NFL.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:56 AM   #49
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Yazoo, you crack me up.

Leave it to old Gamecock fans to kiss Texas's ass.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #50
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Yazoo, you crack me up.

I love how a person gets beat intellectually they choose to name others as an old poster. I know that is what your doing, you have said it before, do you have anything to contribute other than being the dbag that calls others an older poster, because you damn sure aren't a Heisman Candidate.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #51
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
I love how a person gets beat intellectually they choose to name others as an old poster. I know that is what your doing, you have said it before, do you have anything to contribute other than being the dbag that calls others an older poster?
where was I beat intellectually?
I was defending you, he called you a Clemson fan.

Step back from the ledge my friend.

#LukeForMod

Old 08-17-2014, 08:12 AM   #52
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
where was I beat intellectually?
I was defending you, he called you a Clemson fan.

Step back from the ledge my friend.
Glad this isn't a real battle, that weak defense would have got me killed.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:16 AM   #53
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

You seem like the blue collar type that gets into bar fights
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #54
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yazoo, you crack me up.

I was referring to the guy called "Gamecocks1137".
Old 08-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #55
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
I was referring to the guy called "Gamecocks1137".
Yes and I was referring to him as well.

Posting habits just seem similar to GCM, who I haven't seen in a while.

#LukeForMod

Old 08-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #56
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Manziel was a 3star prospect as well, and both he and Hill were the Texas Gatorade players of the year
TexAgTrojan is not a real Aggie. Manziel was never gatorade player of the year and any real Ag would know that. Not sure who this guy is. ...
evan_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:47 AM   #57
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

CockyCash: 100
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
I don't even think he is one of ours. Sounds like a Clemson troll trying to make the rest of us look like idiots.

Did you change our offensive scheme? If not, I don't see a lot of improvement. Defense is a systemic issue for hurry up teams.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #58
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Wow this thread would seem to be more a fit for the smack talk forum. Personally it looks like both teams are playing qbs with limited results last season. Dylan looked more than a little suspect last season. Ints went up, wasn't impressive against Missouri.

I like him and feel he will be improved...but we don't know.

A lot of questions on both sides of the ball for both teams. Personally I HOPE playing at home will make it easier for Dylan and hard as hell for Kenny hill.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #59
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default QB Kenny Hill named starting QB for TAMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchite4 View Post
Carolina4Life is doing an epic troll job.

So I'm trolling because I believe the guy is talented? Like kick_ball said "we've seen way to many inexperienced players come out of no where these last few years" we've had two freshman QB win the Heisman trophies the last two years. I'm not saying Kenny Hill is the next to win but he's the starter and we should treat him as such & like the Aggie fan said, he was Johnny's backup.

Last edited by Carolina4Life; 08-17-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #60
sosfan812
Blue Chip

Male

sosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudly

Quote:
He hasn't had one snap in college ball yet your willing to say he is talented? Willing to bet he will put up the points on us in our house? Dude your living in 2005.
I think it's great that you are so positive about our Gamecocks in your post however since it appears you did zero research before talking crap about a player it does make you look like you received your knowledge on posting from tnet.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote