CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
smoovecock
b381l
GregoryHouse
markymark550
Transmaniacon
rosstheboss
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
2014 Charleston Clas (3195)
The Defense (2036)
**USC Women vs. San (1993)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (1942)
Women's soccer Sweet (1589)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1147)
USC/clemson spread (859)
In case no one saw.. (791)
injury report? (701)
Odell Becham Catch (340)
**USC Women vs. San Diego
Fly_over tomorrow?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Marquav
2015 - Joe Blue
Texans getting frustrated
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
Huge recruiting weekend
Official WWE Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 01:19 AM   #61
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Mike Matulis Sprains Knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
Strange that we haven't heard reports from the MRI yet. I think that may be a bad sign. If it was OK, surely someone would have tweeted out something by now. With bad news, you want to respect the person and let them tell everyone when they are ready. I hope I'm wrong.
have to wait for the swelling to go down......
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:22 AM   #62
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
Seriously man? I am as big of a fan as anyone, but I hate to think about some kid that might have had a chance to basically hit the lottery if he can make it to the pros. Opposing fan or not, he is a kid and a talented kid at that. Good talent wasted on an injury is a shame for any team...

How about this, I hope the kid recovers and you get your pecker stuck in your zipper

Feel better?
lesson #2 the "ignore button"....

I've very suspicious of anyone that doesn't like cotton candy.....
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:33 AM   #63
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
have to wait for the swelling to go down......
That's what she said
Old 08-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #64
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Rimshot.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #65
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Seriously man? I am as big of a fan as anyone, but I hate to think about some kid that might have had a chance to basically hit the lottery if he can make it to the pros. Opposing fan or not, he is a kid and a talented kid at that. Good talent wasted on an injury is a shame for any team...

How about this, I hope the kid recovers and you get your pecker stuck in your zipper

Feel better?

I'm ACTUALLY beginning to like this guy better than some of our longtime Gamecock fans and posters. Awesome post Aggie.

Saying that - I am certain that you will understand why I wish you guys win all your games this season - except your first one.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #66
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
Strange that we haven't heard reports from the MRI yet. I think that may be a bad sign. If it was OK, surely someone would have tweeted out something by now. With bad news, you want to respect the person and let them tell everyone when they are ready. I hope I'm wrong.
Not sure that we can read anything concrete into the GG article this morning but David Cloninger's article this morning said,

"A diagnosis hasnít been released, but many at USC have said that it doesnít look good. Spurrier said Cody Waldrop would probably slide to guard while Clayton Stadnik resumes the center spot, but itís a blow Ė behind the starters, the experience nearly bottoms out."

Hope there's no truth to this...but next man up as they say.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #67
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
That's what she said
Ba dum bum

Old 08-18-2014, 09:37 AM   #68
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
I'm ACTUALLY beginning to like this guy better than some of our longtime Gamecock fans and posters. Awesome post Aggie.

Saying that - I am certain that you will understand why I wish you guys win all your games this season - except your first one.
I get that and I wish the same for you guys. And if that is the case I hope you lose the SEC championship too.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #69
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
Not sure that we can read anything concrete into the GG article this morning but David Cloninger's article this morning said,

"A diagnosis hasnít been released, but many at USC have said that it doesnít look good. Spurrier said Cody Waldrop would probably slide to guard while Clayton Stadnik resumes the center spot, but itís a blow Ė behind the starters, the experience nearly bottoms out."

Hope there's no truth to this...but next man up as they say.
Damn this really sucks. Matulis was finally healthy and poised for a good year. Feel bad for him.

I know Waldrop and C Stad can hold it down but behind them we have very little experience. Brock is still hurt and I haven't heard anything about Rodgers.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #70
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Win Anyway!
Old 08-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #71
ssladler
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 934
ssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his comb

This guy was a Freshman All-American and then was hurt for two years running. He is a real loss, and it is terrible for him that this is happening all over again. I hope dearly it's more like a Connor sprain and less like a Marcus sprain.
ssladler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #72
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Good luck Mike. Hoping for the best...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #73
SuperCockMaster
Banned

Male

SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

A sprained knee isn't a torn ACL. He can come back by October if everything goes well. Odds are it's just a grade 1 or 2 sprain otherwise they would've said a torn something or another.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #74
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster View Post
A sprained knee isn't a torn ACL. He can come back by October if everything goes well. Odds are it's just a grade 1 or 2 sprain otherwise they would've said a torn something or another.
They don't know what it is until they get a look at the MRI ... hence, "sprain."
Old 08-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #75
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecock View Post
Blah blah blah (stoopit sheet removed)
Spare us your smarmy-ass sympathy
Quote:
... How about this, I hope the kid recovers and you get your pecker stuck in your zipper
Quote:
Ba dum bum

I just got the coffee out of my keyboard last week...now the IT guy's going to demand I use one of those keyboard condoms...

Mike will be fine - the big uglies ought to just go to a hip-to-heel brace to save knees and ankles - and your sympathies and well wishes are appreciated!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:20 PM   #76
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

TM says he doesn't expect him to play anytime soon. I'm still not sure what the injury is. Sounds bad
Old 08-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #77
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

Out of bricks mouth" I will be good by the first game". Asked him at fan day. Same day mike was really excited to be healthy and this had to happen some just can't catch a break.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #78
sctvman
Blue Chip

Male

sctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talons

Sprained knee, will be reevaluated in a couple weeks. Most likely will miss A&M game. Per USC.
sctvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:27 PM   #79
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

so they're not telling us much
Old 08-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #80
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
so they're not telling us much
I think we now know that it's not a major tear or anything.....so it definitely could've been worse. Missing the 1st game or two is much better than missing the season: Matulis has already used up all his redshirt options I believe....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote