CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
4Runner
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
ReadR00ster
QCB
CBS: SOS to Florida? (2916)
Juco QBs? (1002)
SDS grades the Furma (840)
we can STILL win the (772)
Auburn/USC point spr (622)
Whenever I Get Depre (611)
How do you want Aubu (441)
If the Head Ball Coa (410)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (268)
When did it change ? (201)
2016 - Issac Nauta
Just started playing &quo
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Williams and Mitch
we can STILL win the east
How do you want Auburn to
Auburn/USC point spread
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
Nick Saban on frustration
Cann tipping plays?

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 01:51 AM   #541
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tony Stewart kills Kevin ward jr

It also really stands out to me how the driver looks back over the track as he's heading into pit road once he has slowed down. Obviously a lot easier going 35mph to look around than full speed. Seems like an obvious point but not for some.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:53 AM   #542
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan View Post
Well if the opening was all you consider then this video does nothing for you because it's obviously big enough to see out of.
I didn't post the video. I don't expect it to do anything for me. I was using logical, unbiased thought to argue my point.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:05 AM   #543
75CarolinaFan

Male

75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell View Post
I didn't post the video. I don't expect it to do anything for me. I was using logical, unbiased thought to argue my point.
Good, just wondering where you stood with it.

For me it backs up what I posted with a picture and a video several pages back. What's better about it is that the camera is in the helmet where as the other views we have seen are either above or to the sides of the driver's head.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:29 AM   #544
75CarolinaFan

Male

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/s...vin-ward-death

Old 08-18-2014, 02:53 AM   #545
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Everyone knows Stewart has a temper. But to say he ran over a kid based on past temper tantrums is stretch.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:11 PM   #546
Master Bedroom
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Based on the video of the accident you can't tell if Tony's car turned right before or after the hit Ward. The car easily could have been jerked to the right after the collision. There is no way to tell based on that video.
The same is true for him accelerating. If Tony Stewart didn't see Ward until right before he hit him that could have been why he accelerated. Let me describe a "possible" scenario.

Tony Stewart for whatever reason doesn't see Ward standing on the track. As he gets right up to Ward he actually sees him. In an attempt to turn the car, he gases it hard. We can all agree that if he wanted to turn he had to accelerate. However, it was too late for him to avoid Ward. He hits him and the contact side of the car cause the car to turn to the right.

Does that not sound possible to anyone else?
lol
Old 08-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #547
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Get outta here, I said full of not everyone :)

Read above statement. Also no it isn't reasonable, if Stewart comes forwards and says he did see Ward, or if the investigation shows he had ample time to see Ward then yeah you're right, but until that point, it shouldn't be counted as reasonable. You have to think these are race cars, these aren't your grandma's going 10 miles an hour down the street. Also this is a dirt track, so things can be very unpredictable, not to mention it was dark, and the person was wearing dark clothes. Do I think Stewart needs to go to trial? Only if the evidence shows he possibly had the intention of hitting Ward, scaring him, or seeing him and had enough time to get out of the way. If none of these get a nod, involuntary manslaughter/manslaughter doesn't hold.
Oh these are race cars on dirt. I didn't see that. Thanks Captain O.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #548
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
Oh these are race cars on dirt. I didn't see that. Thanks Captain O.
Tell that to the other folks, they seem to think he was on pavement, and had perfect control of his vehicle. It's like Ice you can think you're a great driver, but at any moment if there is a patch of ice, and you aren't careful your azz is in the ditch, The same goes for dirt.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:30 PM   #549
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Everyone knows Stewart has a temper. But to say he ran over a kid based on past temper tantrums is stretch.
That would be a stretch. Does his past temper tantrums that include parading out on the track, assaulting individuals (also on a live automobile race track), and throwing projectiles at moving vehicles (also on a live automobile race track) have anything to do with his behavior in the present? I don't think that is a stretch.

I guess there are countless ways to look at Tony's behavior that night, but to discount his actions in the past as if they are irrelevant may be a bit near-sighted...
Old 09-16-2014, 03:52 PM   #550
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
The Tony Stewart case will go before a grand jury, the Ontario County (N.Y.) District Attorney's office said in a statement Tuesday.

Stewart struck and killed Kevin Ward Jr., 20, on during a sprint car race Aug. 9 at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park.

"Over the past several weeks, I have reviewed with members of the Ontario County Sheriff's Department their investigation, as it progressed, in the Tony Stewart matter," D.A. Michael Tantillo said. "Recently that office concluded its work and forwarded the complete case file to me. Upon my review of all of the information contained in the entire investigation, I have made the determination that it would be appropriate to submit the evidence to a grand jury, for their determination as to what action should be taken in this matter.

"Accordingly, the evidence developed in the investigation will be presented to an Ontario County grand jury in the near future."
http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2014/...ase-kevin-ward
Old 09-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #551
Master Bedroom
Two Deep

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
Good. Not sure how I feel about them allowing him to race in the meantime though
Old 09-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #552
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
Good. Not sure how I feel about them allowing him to race in the meantime though
If they determined this should be taken to trial, he shouldn't be racing imo.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #553
taylorssc
Bowl MVP

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

The kid played chicken, on foot, with a race car on a dirt track. I don't see why anything needs to be investigated.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #554
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
The kid played chicken, on foot, with a race car on a dirt track. I don't see why anything needs to be investigated.
People more qualified to make that determination do not feel the same as you.
As in, people who have access to more evidence than John Q Public has.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #555
taylorssc
Bowl MVP

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Quote:
People more qualified to make that determination do not feel the same as you.
As in, people who have access to more evidence than John Q Public has.
Those same people also have a number of incentives to take this to trial, and no incentive not to. I have none either way.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:59 PM   #556
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Those same people also have a number of incentives to take this to trial, and no incentive not to. I have none either way.
You familiar with what a grand jury does?
Old 09-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #557
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Yes, please- explain what those incentives are for the grand jury.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #558
taylorssc
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Yes, please- explain what those incentives are for the grand jury.
Self-interest, in a variety of ways, both for law enforcement and the DA. This happened in a small community, one that all of these decision makers are, and will continue to be, a part of. One that Tony Stewart is not a part of. On the line is their social standing, reputation, future career advancements, role in the community, among many other things.

If that wasn't sarcasm and you are are interested learning about incentives as they relate to an individual in a community, The Theory of Moral Sentiments by Adam Smith is a great place to start.

Last edited by taylorssc; 09-16-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #559
taylorssc
Bowl MVP

Male

double post
Old 09-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #560
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
There are multiple drivers that think he could have handled it just fine. One even saying, everyone else saw Ward, why didn't Tony? It is not as difficult as Bubba the Love Sponge is making it out.

Little background on Bubba for those that are interested.

Here are some quotes from a recent article and interview done by a Tampa news station of Bubba.

http://www.wfla.com/story/26276015/e...fend-my-friend

Can we really expect this guy to give us the truth? He considers Tony family. I decided not to post the opinions of Ward's family because I thought that would come across as biased. Most of Ward's family races. They've got 500 trophies with 150 belonging to other members of the family. So they know what these cars can do. They all blame Stewart. I don't think their opinions are any different than Bubba Clem(what a friggin name).
Ask the Ward family and all those trophies if Ward would still be alive had he stayed in his car! Ask them if he would still be alive if he had stayed within 5' of his car, if he would have not decided to walk towards the moving race car voluntarily if he would still be alive! We do not have to assume or imply anything to know that the answer is yes but to say Stewert killed the kid you have to assume and imply an awful lot. If you had gotten into a war of words with a guy in lets say Bar None in Five points and then walked outside got in your car and started driving down Harden St when this guy runs out at your car in the middle of Harden St and you hit and kill him do you think the same assumptions and implications should be thrown at you?
Closed Thread