CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rioninusc
Regalcock
KaneisAble
PageUSC
QCB
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
markp_vip
taylorssc
The Yancey
Our Defense? (1994)
Fight, win, kick a-- (821)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (779)
CFN prediction for a (684)
MMA: Holeve (Down Sy (482)
This is War (399)
What happened to thi (395)
Why I'm hopeful abou (373)
Ranking Top HC jobs (364)
A simple defensive l (329)
Our Defense?
The Gator Bowl wants us!
In-state QB talent
Does South Carolina still
Texas athletic director:
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
A simple defensive line &
Nvidia adds Dynamic Super
Fight, win, kick a-- addi

Old 08-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #81
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014-15 Premier League season

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Judging from Twitter responses, shelling out $12M for Shane Long from Hull was a blasphemous. Can't say I know much about the guy.

I like Chicharito though.
Yes and no. Normally I would say no it's not a good deal, but with less than a week till the season starts, only half a month till the transfer window closes, 5 key players gone from last years squad, and 100+ million in transfer fees in the bank changes things. They need to get in whoever they can at this point and do their best to stay up.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.

Last edited by markp_vip; 08-13-2014 at 01:37 PM.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #82
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Looks like we might get Marcos Rojo, Angel di Maria and Daley Blind. This excites me very much.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ontenders.html

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #83
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit

Looks like Arturo Vidal might become a reality... bookies have suspended betting on him coming to Manchester United.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #84
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

2 days away and I'm ready to get this season started! Too bad I have to wait until Monday (and will be at work) when Chelsea plays.

Lots of questions for teams this year. It will be interesting to see who the top 4 are this year. You can make a case for 5 different teams and you never know what surprises you will see.

Enough with the transfer stuff - let's play!
Old 08-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #85
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
Looks like we might get Marcos Rojo, Angel di Maria and Daley Blind. This excites me very much.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ontenders.html

Just an FYI daily mail is one of the worst sources in England to believe transfer news.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #86
tkousc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

My predictions in order:

Chelsea
Man City
Arsenal
Man U
Liverpool
Everton
Spurs

Everton for the FA CUP

Real Madrid for Champions League
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #87
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Swansea beats Man U 2-1 today

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #88
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Swansea beats Man U 2-1 today
At Old Trafford too! What a wonderful start to the season!
Old 08-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #89
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

First day of the season and Arsenal are the only home team to win a match.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #90
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
First day of the season and Arsenal are the only home team to win a match.
Hope my Reds can hold on at home tomorrow as well!
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:39 PM   #91
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Today's result sucks... but I'm not too worried. With the transfer rumors going around I'm sure we'll find a way to spend these 80+ million pounds. GGMU!

Old 08-16-2014, 04:39 PM   #92
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
Just an FYI daily mail is one of the worst sources in England to believe transfer news.
I'm grasping at straws... we really need to make some new signings.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #93
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Saints go down 2-1 to Liverpool.. Played better than I expected though. That Clyne goal was siiiiiick.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 08-17-2014, 01:21 PM   #94
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I think I'm going to chose between Liverpool and Man U to choose.
Who does everyone dislike more?
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #95
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

So week 1 is almost in the books correct? Chelsea plays tomorrow.

So far we have:

Liverpool 2-1 over Southampton

Man City 2-0 over Newcastle

Swansea 2-1 over Man U

Aston Villa 1-0 over Stoke City

Hull City 1-0 over QPR

Sunderland 2-2 with West Brom

Spurs 1-0 over West Ham

L City 2-2 with Everton

Arsenal 2-0 over Crystal

Old 08-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #96
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
People definitely dislike Manchester United more. Liverpool hasn't won the top division of English football in almost 25 years and have never won the Premier League.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #97
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
So week 1 is almost in the books correct? Chelsea plays tomorrow.

So far we have:

Liverpool 2-1 over Southampton

Man City 2-0 over Newcastle

Swansea 2-1 over Man U

Aston Villa 1-0 over Stoke City

Hull City 1-0 over QPR

Sunderland 2-2 with West Brom

Spurs 1-0 over West Ham

L City 2-2 with Everton

Arsenal 2-0 over Crystal
Arsenal beat Crystal Palace 2-1 not 2-0. CP actually went up 1-0.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #98
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Don't go with evil empire, pull for Liverpool. YNWA!
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #99
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Saints go down 2-1 to Liverpool.. Played better than I expected though. That Clyne goal was siiiiiick.
Very impressed with Southampton. Tadic looks like he will be a massive signing for them, no signs of trouble adjusting to the Premier League at all. Really surprised he wasn't picked up by one of the top clubs. Wouldn't mind see him playing for Liverpool.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #100
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Very impressed with Southampton. Tadic looks like he will be a massive signing for them, no signs of trouble adjusting to the Premier League at all. Really surprised he wasn't picked up by one of the top clubs. Wouldn't mind see him playing for Liverpool.
I agree. Kudos to Southampton. They will be fine this year. If they play like they did yesterday, easily finish middle of the table, possibly top half if players really step up. Some people thought they could be relegated. No chance of that.

Tadic looked good. I also like Morgan Schneiderlin. When Jay Rodriguez gets back, they will be even stronger.