CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
Sandstorm29
aftertwobowls
The Yancey
Regalcock
robgusc76
5lbYardcock
GregoryHouse
Cocks N Stuff
The Vent and Coachin (7584)
Disturbing comments (2937)
does anybody think w (2368)
2015 schedule is bru (1996)
UF lets Durkin go (1945)
2015 Early Enrollees (1576)
**USC Women vs. Hamp (1027)
SOS...a day late &am (982)
The U ends apparel d (651)
Bobo to Colorado St? (643)
2015 schedule is brutal
2015 - Ulric Jones
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
2015 Commitment - Ernest
QB Next Season?
2014-15 Early Enrollees
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Gerald Turner
2015 Commitment - Jalen H
The Vent and Coaching cha

View Poll Results: Do you give atheletes a night at the movies 2 weeks before the season opener?
sure- they need to relax 66 80.49%
are you kidding me, no way! 16 19.51%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2014, 10:49 PM   #21
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: Texas AM getting too Cocky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
This just in from the WTF? department....

I thought Texas was a tough man's state, this is just.....GAY!
You obviously don't know any gay people.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #22
petecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
petecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
You obviously don't know any gay people.
How is that obvious?

For a lot of people, "gay" simply means "excessively effeminate," which is my take on that video, and it was funny as hell!

I know calling something "gay" is incorrect nowadays, so I don't do it anymore, but cut the guy a little slack.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:00 AM   #23
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecock View Post
How is that obvious?

For a lot of people, "gay" simply means "excessively effeminate," which is my take on that video, and it was funny as hell!

I know calling something "gay" is incorrect nowadays, so I don't do it anymore, but cut the guy a little slack.
I think everyone needs to watch the first 10 minutes of Louis C.K.'s "Chewed Up" special.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:24 AM   #24
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

So what? They could take off to the movies about 5 more day's and still be ready for the opener. I think we are really sleeping on A&M. They know we have a home winning streak and they want to end it bad.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:01 AM   #25
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws

Fwiw, i felt we had a 30 to 50 % chance of winning this game and that has now decreased to 20 to 35%. Those are my scientific numbers.
evan_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #26
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
Fwiw, i felt we had a 30 to 50 % chance of winning this game and that has now decreased to 20 to 35%. Those are my scientific numbers.
Just imagine how much more than number will dwindle by the time Gameday gets here.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #27
USCswimmer
Recruit

Male

USCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervous

I'm thinking there are a lot of people here who have never played high level sports before...

One practice off like this is a good thing... about once or twice a season we would have 'get out swims' where someone had to do a certain swim to get the whole team out of practice. Or earlier this week there was a video with Nebraska linemen fielding punts, and if they caught them their team got out of practice.

Point is, the coaches know what they are doing and they aren't negativly affecting anything. This is just something cool that the coach did for his team, and probably a good bonding moment.
USCswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:13 AM   #28
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCswimmer View Post
I'm thinking there are a lot of people here who have never played high level sports before...

One practice off like this is a good thing... about once or twice a season we would have 'get out swims' where someone had to do a certain swim to get the whole team out of practice. Or earlier this week there was a video with Nebraska linemen fielding punts, and if they caught them their team got out of practice.

Point is, the coaches know what they are doing and they aren't negativly affecting anything. This is just something cool that the coach did for his team, and probably a good bonding moment.

Sumlin did something similar to this last year and it was awesome watching the players' reactions.
evan_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #29
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

Nothing wrong with taking a break, building team cohesion, and just letting them relax for a while. Now, if the following practice is crappy, I wouldn't do it again.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #30
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Gamecock Football ‏@GamecockFB 2m
Practice cancelled for the day we're at the movies! #Gamecocks http://instagram.com/p/rzwbM4O-hZ/

--for what its worth
Old 08-17-2014, 03:38 PM   #31
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Can we move this to "Smack Talk" I can think of several reason why Sumlin would give them the day off?...Sumpthen about hands on the knees b/c all the fattin' up they been doin' ober the off season....but I want to stay classy.
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #32
BiggerLSUfan
Recruit

Male

BiggerLSUfan has feathers coming inBiggerLSUfan has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
Alright, even I have to admit that is hilarious and stupid.

Even dumber than...

That was one LSU fan's celebration to a touchdown. It is weird for sure, but decently amusing at least and 100 times better than anything the yell leaders do.

The yell leaders are celebrated by and selected by the students I believe. We know that the T rex thing was a little strange, but nobody selected that guy to represent the University. It also isn't something we do in unison on Saturday nights.
BiggerLSUfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #33
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

ABATTBQ11 is learning to peckABATTBQ11 is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerLSUfan View Post
http://vimeo.com/26529303

These guys seem pretty cocky
I remember exactly when that came out. I was on Corps Staff and my roommate, Kyle, was the PR Sergeant. Travis Kennedy (Yell Leader) was in the same outfit as him so they hung out a lot. One night, Travis comes to our room and shows us this on his Facebook. We thought it was funny as we watched it, but then Travis asks Kyle, "So, on a scale of one to ten, how much of a PR disaster is this? Cuz it's already on YouTube." Kyle just looks at him with his mouth hanging open for a second before just looking down at his desk, shaking his head and saying, "God **** it."
ABATTBQ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #34
RiverCock84
Recruit

Male

RiverCock84 has earned his spursRiverCock84 has earned his spursRiverCock84 has earned his spursRiverCock84 has earned his spursRiverCock84 has earned his spursRiverCock84 has earned his spurs

I wish I could "like" your comment, Cockhorn!
RiverCock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #35
BiggerLSUfan
Recruit

Male

BiggerLSUfan has feathers coming inBiggerLSUfan has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABATTBQ11 View Post
I remember exactly when that came out. I was on Corps Staff and my roommate, Kyle, was the PR Sergeant. Travis Kennedy (Yell Leader) was in the same outfit as him so they hung out a lot. One night, Travis comes to our room and shows us this on his Facebook. We thought it was funny as we watched it, but then Travis asks Kyle, "So, on a scale of one to ten, how much of a PR disaster is this? Cuz it's already on YouTube." Kyle just looks at him with his mouth hanging open for a second before just looking down at his desk, shaking his head and saying, "God **** it."
Well it's only a little worse than this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQor5snp7KU
BiggerLSUfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #36
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

ABATTBQ11 is learning to peckABATTBQ11 is learning to peck
Unhappy Re: Texas AM getting too Cocky?

Quote:

Oh God... Please don't remind me of that. That's what happens when you let flaming liberals on to your campus. I think that was a Class Councils thing, which is what all of the idiots who did student council in HS do in college. It's the biggest circle jerk of morons with ****ty ideas who are trying to be "cool" imaginable.
ABATTBQ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:29 PM   #37
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Don't look now, but we just cancelled practice to do the same thing! Oh no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2014, 08:10 AM   #38
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

Quote:

Wow, the girls in this video are manlier than the Agrolyte yell leaders.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #39
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABATTBQ11 View Post

Then Travis said, "It's OK Kyle, it's OK" while rubbing his shoulders. "You look like you could use a massage..."
FIFY
Old 08-21-2014, 02:29 PM   #40
JulesWinnfield90
Walk On

Male

JulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his claws

Absolutely...time to kick them out of the SEC and replace them with a team that knows its place and doesnt win as much
JulesWinnfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote