CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
doubledribble
PageUSC
KaneisAble
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
GarnetSwarm1990
b381l
pitchcock
thumpin big
kingofnerf
Busta out indefinite (1994)
SOS says his next st (1673)
Our Road Upset Wins (1532)
CBSSports SEC predic (810)
Our Defense? (663)
No easy road for our (653)
Roll call for Auburn (593)
University of Buffal (519)
Michael Sams done in (360)
Party like it's 1903 (301)
SOS says his next stop is
Rest of the season predic
Does South Carolina still
CFN prediction for auburn
2016 - Issac Nauta
Roll call for Auburn
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Our Defense?
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker

Old 08-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #101
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
ABATTBQ11 is learning to peckABATTBQ11 is learning to peck
Default Re: QB Kenny Hill named starting QB for TAMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Yeah, what's up with this?
Kyle Allen is a freshman and many thought he would get the starting nod. There are a lot of ignorant, in the most literal sense of the word, posters on here who just took that as gospel and formed an idea in their head that all of our QB's were freshmen and that we would be starting a true fish no matter what. Ignorant posters like Gamecocks1137 then shoot their mouth off and talk smack based on what they've heard from other ignorant posters, and the circle jerk, er, cycle continues, perpetuating the misconception. When guys like Carolina4Life try to interject some truth and reality, the ignorant guys just get into name calling and further uninformed or misinformed smack talk because they've got nothing.
ABATTBQ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #102
Gamecock23
Recruit

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 1st place 2007 Bowl Winner 
CockyCash: 200
Gamecock23 is sharpening his clawsGamecock23 is sharpening his clawsGamecock23 is sharpening his clawsGamecock23 is sharpening his clawsGamecock23 is sharpening his claws

It's the first game and there's no green shirt on the signal caller. Our "D" runs to the ball very well and will be looking for a mobile quarterback to light up. Kyle may get his chance by the 2nd Qtr.
Gamecock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #103
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABATTBQ11 View Post
FYI, "one of" =! "the." Seriously, you even say, "The A&M OL is potentially one of the best in the SEC." It's your second sentence. Then you just totally gloss over how he said THE EXACT SAME THING and start putting words in his mouth so you can complain. Maybe we wouldn't irritate you so much if you took the time to read before flying off the handle.

HTH
Whatever. I'm not taking the time to regrade your paper. Your posts are irritating. They make me hope your team loses the rest of its SEC games. So far, they make me believe A&M Internet fan base is the worst in the SEC. That is my opinion. I am probably not the only one you are rubbing the wrong way.

Here is what I think now. We will welcome you and your fans to Columbia as we normally do in SC. I hope the Gamecocks kick the living snot out of the Aggies. After our game, you can take your yell practices, your weird military games, and your arrogant Internet fans on down the road where I hope your Aggies get pummeled by the rest of the SEC.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #104
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Save it for gameday Cock fans. You're going to need all that energy for celebrating the coming of football season, then for beating A&M in a good one. Keep things positive on here regardless of what our internet visitors have to add.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:21 PM   #105
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Save it for gameday Cock fans. You're going to need all that energy for celebrating the coming of football season, then for beating A&M in a good one. Keep things positive on here regardless of what our internet visitors have to add.
this... ^^^

Have you guys seen or read about the Ashley Furniture company is College Station which is saying that IF the Aggies beat SC by ten points or more, they will reimburse every penny that ANYONE spends on new furniture from today through gameday.

That kind of tells me that someone in the marketing department did the math and figures there is NO chance of that happening.

The article SEEMS to speak of the Aggie pride - but if you're running that deal - you are betting they won't accomplish that feat.

See: http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/08/1.../99/113/&ihp=1
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #106
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Whatever. I'm not taking the time to regrade your paper. Your posts are irritating. They make me hope your team loses the rest of its SEC games. So far, they make me believe A&M Internet fan base is the worst in the SEC. That is my opinion. I am probably not the only one you are rubbing the wrong way.

Here is what I think now. We will welcome you and your fans to Columbia as we normally do in SC. I hope the Gamecocks kick the living snot out of the Aggies. After our game, you can take your yell practices, your weird military games, and your arrogant Internet fans on down the road where I hope your Aggies get pummeled by the rest of the SEC.

Yazoo...you are getting some of the extremists.

Sorry that a few are giving you that impression. I don't come here to gloat. I am generally open-minded and try to be respectful.

I do think our OL is one of the top 10 in the country, if not in the top 3-5. However, that isn't going to mean squat if we have poor QB play.
evan_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #107
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
Yazoo...you are getting some of the extremists.

Sorry that a few are giving you that impression. I don't come here to gloat. I am generally open-minded and try to be respectful.

I do think our OL is one of the top 10 in the country, if not in the top 3-5. However, that isn't going to mean squat if we have poor QB play.
Thanks. Since yours is one of the preseason best lines in the SEC, I agree with you. FWIW, ours was ranked higher by ESPN before Matulis was hurt. But it is what it is and nobody really knows until game day.

Shaq Attack
Old 08-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #108
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

ABATTBQ11 is learning to peckABATTBQ11 is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post

Aeroag used the exact same qualifier as you twice, and all you could take from it was, "We have the best "insert unit here" in college football." Maybe you keep thinking we're arrogant because every time you read an aggie post, you skim it and take out only what you want. I swear, no matter what we say, you're going to take it as arrogance unless we kowtow to the might that SC football and admit impending overwhelming defeat by multiple touchdowns in the temple that is "Willy B."
ABATTBQ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #109
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Kyle Allen is a freshman and many thought he would get the starting nod. There are a lot of ignorant, in the most literal sense of the word, posters on here who just took that as gospel and formed an idea in their head that all of our QB's were freshmen and that we would be starting a true fish no matter what. Ignorant posters like Gamecocks1137 then shoot their mouth off and talk smack based on what they've heard from other ignorant posters, and the circle jerk, er, cycle continues, perpetuating the misconception. When guys like Carolina4Life try to interject some truth and reality, the ignorant guys just get into name calling and further uninformed or misinformed smack talk because they've got nothing.
Personal attack. And I am starting to think you and 4life are the same person, seeing how every time he posts something your there to kiss his ass immediately afterwards. Your entire fan base is ignorant as you all have showed leading up to this game, we haven't even played yet and your almost on Clemson status with the crap you all say and do.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #110
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Aeroag used the exact same qualifier as you twice, and all you could take from it was, "We have the best "insert unit here" in college football." Maybe you keep thinking we're arrogant because every time you read an aggie post, you skim it and take out only what you want. I swear, no matter what we say, you're going to take it as arrogance unless we kowtow to the might that SC football and admit impending overwhelming defeat by multiple touchdowns in the temple that is "Willy B."
You really need to take it to smack talk. I never asked you to "kowtow to the might [of] [USC] football," nor did I ask you "admit impending overwhelming defeat by multiple touchdowns." I find your comment about "Willy B" to be sarcastic and annoying.

You are just being an *ss. Learn some humility and politeness. For now, I am just blocking you so you can stop prejudicing my mind against the rest of your fan base.

Shaq Attack
Old 08-18-2014, 04:31 PM   #111
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

This thread is like reading Tigernet. I need a shower.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:40 PM   #112
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Here is a recent list of QBs didnt fair so well in Williams Brice their first time:
Andre Woodson
Aaron Murray
Jevan Snead
Greg McElroy
Tahj Boyd

All were in the Heisman discussion when they entered. Not so much when they left.

Bottom line not even the A&M fans can comprehend what it will be like. You just dont know until you experience it. For those first timers...yes the upper deck sways...yes we know...yes it is safe...we think.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers

Last edited by behindenemylines; 08-18-2014 at 07:06 PM. Reason: corrected per later post
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:44 PM   #113
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
this... ^^^

Have you guys seen or read about the Ashley Furniture company is College Station which is saying that IF the Aggies beat SC by ten points or more, they will reimburse every penny that ANYONE spends on new furniture from today through gameday.

That kind of tells me that someone in the marketing department did the math and figures there is NO chance of that happening.

The article SEEMS to speak of the Aggie pride - but if you're running that deal - you are betting they won't accomplish that feat.

See: http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/08/1.../99/113/&ihp=1
Pretty safe bet for Gallery Furniture.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:49 PM   #114
jgh35
Walk On

Male

jgh35 has hatched from the shell

A main factor about this game that has not even been discussed on here or anywhere else that I have seen, is the fact that we are mixing in a new defense. We have installed a 3-4 defense along with the 4-2-5. This was done in the Spring and has been practiced extensively in camp. This could be a substantial problem for A&M. Not only do they have a new QB but none of them - Oline, coaches, or backs - have seen ANY game film on it. They don't know the personnel groupings that will be used. There are many different blitzes that can be employed by it and you never know where pressure will be coming from. The Oline won't know the stunts they use. Coaches won't know when we will use it or under what circumstances.

With a new inexperienced QB who is not proficient at reading defenses, he has the added problem of not even be able to prepare for it.

Even with our 4-2-5, he could struggle. Since most teams run a 4-3, he probably has never seen it in live action.

I would be VERY, VERY surprised if this inexperienced QB doesn't struggle in this game trying to go against 2 different defenses neither of which he is familiar with.
jgh35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #115
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh35 View Post
A main factor about this game that has not even been discussed on here or anywhere else that I have seen, is the fact that we are mixing in a new defense. We have installed a 3-4 defense along with the 4-2-5. This was done in the Spring and has been practiced extensively in camp. This could be a substantial problem for A&M. Not only do they have a new QB but none of them - Oline, coaches, or backs - have seen ANY game film on it. They don't know the personnel groupings that will be used. There are many different blitzes that can be employed by it and you never know where pressure will be coming from. The Oline won't know the stunts they use. Coaches won't know when we will use it or under what circumstances.

With a new inexperienced QB who is not proficient at reading defenses, he has the added problem of not even be able to prepare for it.

Even with our 4-2-5, he could struggle. Since most teams run a 4-3, he probably has never seen it in live action.

I would be VERY, VERY surprised if this inexperienced QB doesn't struggle in this game trying to go against 2 different defenses neither of which he is familiar with.
Help me out as I don't know as much about defense formations. There is a 4-2-5, where you have 2 LB, and FS, SS, Nickle, and 2 corner?

The 4-3-4 is 4 DL, 3 LB, and SS, FS, 2 corner?

And 3-3-5 is 3 DL, 3 LB, and SS, FS, Nickle, and 2 corner?

If we play 4 WR sets and spread out, would a 4-2-5 open up the middle a little bit if we decide to run the hell out of the ball while nursing along an inexperienced QB?
Old 08-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #116
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Here is a recent list of QBs didnt fair so well in Williams Brice their first time:
Andre Woodson
Aaron Murray
Jevan Snead
AJ McCarron
Tahj Boyd

All were in the Heisman discussion when they entered. Not so much when they left.

Bottom line not even the A&M fans can comprehend what it will be like. You just dont know until you experience it. For those first timers...yes the upper deck sways...yes we know...yes it is safe...we think.
Boyd and Murray didn't too good their second time either.

Just to point something out though-McElroy was the QB for Alabama in 2010.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #117
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

Y'all really shouldn't interpret the few fanatics (fans) coming to your forum and talking up Aggie stuff as the ONLY Ags out there. I promise you we are good people. =)

I haven't been to Auburn yet (going this year), but I'm told their fans are great, and their fans have told us they enjoy the Aggie game day atmosphere.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:05 PM   #118
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Auburn fans are great BEFORE the game. After they are a bunch of asses especially if they win.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:22 PM   #119
jgh35
Walk On

Male

jgh35 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Help me out as I don't know as much about defense formations. There is a 4-2-5, where you have 2 LB, and FS, SS, Nickle, and 2 corner?

The 4-3-4 is 4 DL, 3 LB, and SS, FS, 2 corner?

And 3-3-5 is 3 DL, 3 LB, and SS, FS, Nickle, and 2 corner?

If we play 4 WR sets and spread out, would a 4-2-5 open up the middle a little bit if we decide to run the hell out of the ball while nursing along an inexperienced QB?
The 4-2-5 is basically a nickel package with a bad a$$ combination Safety/LB type player we call the Spur. It was installed several years ago to combat spread offenses by getting more speed on the field. It has worked very well for us. So the 4-2-5 was designed for exactly the scenario you describe above, while giving the D the option for different coverages in passing situations.

The 3-4 has been installed to get more pressure on the QB. With the loss of Clowney and other experienced DLmen, we don't have any dominating pass rushers so this will allow them to bring pressure from anywhere and everywhere, hopefully, confusing a young inexperienced QB. The bonus is that even with an experienced OL, they have never seen it before and don't know what we will do with it. It very likely could also confuse the OL as well.
jgh35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #120
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Quote:
Y'all really shouldn't interpret the few fanatics (fans) coming to your forum and talking up Aggie stuff as the ONLY Ags out there. I promise you we are good people. =)

I haven't been to Auburn yet (going this year), but I'm told their fans are great, and their fans have told us they enjoy the Aggie game day atmosphere.
I've heard nothing but great things about your fans. I have a tremendous amount of respect for your school.
StretfordEnd is online now   Reply With Quote