CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
cocksmith1or11
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
wumarshall82
B-G
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
Freshman ND WR " (1012)
Good Riddance to bad (523)
The Comeback & T (376)
Keeping tailgate foo (354)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (332)
Bashing Players, coa (326)
An A to Z of Noah We (245)
Wallpaper & Back (147)
Instrumental Music ( (136)
TeMarcus Blanton (132)
Why I think we beat Aubur
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
TeMarcus Blanton
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
So Disappointed With The
Bashing Players, coaches,
Roll call for Auburn
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Who start on the d line t
Rest of the season predic

Old 08-16-2014, 10:47 AM   #81
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2016 - Brandon McIlwain

I think he is a Gamecock, he is a legacy, and this is obviously the direction Spurrier and the coaching staff are looking to move back into with taking Nunez and pushing dual QB's. We will have 2-3 seasons of pocket passing offense, then look to move back into the spread/zone read for who ever is Steve's successor.

Shot in the dark, I think coach Elliott makes a great candidate.

cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #82
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29792600
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocksmith1or11 View Post
I think he is a Gamecock, he is a legacy, .

Shot in the dark, I think coach Elliott makes a great candidate.
Didn't realize he was a legacy, what's his connection?

As for our next coach, I'd think Ward would get a good look.

He has great connections in the Atlanta area, he's fairly young, a solid defense guy, and he's a minority.

All win-wins.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #83
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Engineer View Post
How hard do you think McIlwain will consider Penn State considering they have Wimbush as a commit for 2015? I'm hoping that will work in our favor. Watching the videos posted at the beginning of the thread, I'm really impressed with how he keeps his eyes down field.
Probably no different that we have Nunez in 2015.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #84
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post

He has great connections in the Atlanta area, he's fairly young, a solid defense guy, and he's a minority.

All win-wins.
I don't think our next coach has been born yet.....lol

wink, wink.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #85
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post

All win-wins.
His dad graduated from USC and his grandmother lives in Irmo
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #86
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29792600
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
His dad graduated from USC and his grandmother lives in Irmo
Thanks, I didn't know that.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #87
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
USC made the cut Tuesday night to the final six with 2016 QB Brandon McIlwain (6-1 210) of Newtown, PA. Joining the Gamecocks on the short list are Penn State, Auburn, Virginia Tech, Duke and and Florida.
‘I’ve been talking to the coaches at South Carolina since my freshman year so I have a great relationship with the coaches there,” McIlwain said. “My dad went there and my grandmother lives ten minutes away (in Irmo). It’s a place that really feels like home for me. I’ve visited there multiple times and it’s a really great place. Great facilities. Great stadium. The game atmosphere was amazing. All that put together just made it feel like a place where I can really see myself being.”
McIlwain is a threat as a passer and runner and feels is similar in playing style to former Gamecock star Connor Shaw.
“We also run the spread in my school so I can see myself fitting in with that offense,” McIlwain said. “(Coach Mangus) has made it clear that I’m his top guy. He’s really not going to offer any other quarterbacks in my class until a little farther down the road.”
McIlwain has visited all six of his schools and he said it’s even between them. He plans to visit all six again during the season and is looking at USC’s game against Georgia as his possible visit date to Columbia. After these visits he will get down to making his decision and wants to get that down between December and early spring.
“I want to make my decision as soon as I can because I do want to help whatever school I commit to help them recruit,” McIlwain said. “Then, I don’t want to rush it and make a decision that I could possible regret. I’m going to make sure the time is right but do it as soon as I can after my season.”
Last season McIlwain passed for 1446 yards and 11 touchdowns and rushed for 600 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...his-final-six/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #88
Marshall4usc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Marshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his comb

Wimbush just flipped from PSU to ND. That certainly doesn't help us to fend off PSU.

Marshall4usc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #89
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Auburn is more of a bigger threat than PSU...he wants to come south
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:

Basketball
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 10-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #90
uscandy
4-Star

Male

uscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
Auburn is more of a bigger threat than PSU...he wants to come south
What's the latest? We still in good shape here? Haven't heard much lately on his recruitment.
uscandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #91
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscandy View Post
What's the latest? We still in good shape here? Haven't heard much lately on his recruitment.
You can probably scratch Florida off his list. That place is going down in flames.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #92
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

If we miss on this kid, I'll lose my mind. Seeing him go to Auburn would be even worse
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:11 PM   #93
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscandy View Post
Many believe we lead and the CB on 24/7 reflects it.
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:

Basketball
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 10-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #94
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
If we miss on this kid, I'll lose my mind. Seeing him go to Auburn would be even worse
Particularly because we're (apparently) not recruiting anyone else at QB for 2016.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote