CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
GregoryHouse
Travelin
B-G
The Yancey
A. Pilgrim
Master Bedroom
CockFighter
Connor to be backup? (1511)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (811)
Carolina ranked #21 (566)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (547)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (462)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (370)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (317)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (300)
How would a man writ (240)
Most Impactful Peopl (162)
Most Impactful People Inv
Connor to be backup?
The Vent and Coaching cha
Greatest Gamecock Players
Carolina ranked #21 prese
Miami Beach Bowl Thread
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Gotta get Agent 0 going
My early Monday dinner .

Old 08-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #221
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Re: New Sign at Williams Brice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
It's going to have stuff on there about him being the winningest coach ever and stuff.

If that's the case, I'll take it. Seems like the other smaller supports will have pics of other Gamecock greats. By next year it should all come together good.

Just hope it's not only going to be on one side of the stadium.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #222
Tolley
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870200
Tolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterHater1984 View Post
Chris Clark from Gamecock Central says that there will be a 60ft picture of Spurrier under the sign. Not the one being passed around twitter, but there will be one.
I spoke with Ray Tanner today at the Charlotte Gamecock Club golf tournament and asked him about this specifically. He confirmed that it's happening, and even made the comment "it won't be the one that's on the internet". I said "You mean the infamous Arby's picture" he said "Yeah that one".
He did confirm it would be 60' tall.
Tolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:59 PM   #223
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit

The Spurrier banner would seem fitting...until SOS delivers either a SEC or National Championship...or both. Then we're talking statue building time.

BTW-here's a pic of the North stands, at the student gate. They're bringing the gates in closer to the stadium on that side from previous renderings. And of course...the huge Alshon mural/skin on the facade. Believe that was his catch & long run for a TD vs Tenn in 2010.

GO COCKS!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  126.2 KB
Old 08-19-2014, 12:45 AM   #224
FlyingCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 485
FlyingCock is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolley View Post
I spoke with Ray Tanner today at the Charlotte Gamecock Club golf tournament and asked him about this specifically. He confirmed that it's happening, and even made the comment "it won't be the one that's on the internet". I said "You mean the infamous Arby's picture" he said "Yeah that one".
He did confirm it would be 60' tall.
They have the same thing at CLA right when you walk in the front door. Martin on one side and Staley on the other.
FlyingCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #225
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

My tailgate spot is becoming a real showplace.......When they moved me from my corner spot under the marquee sign I wasn't too happy..But after the first game I really liked it because it was sooooo much cooler out on the grass lot and we mostly get a breeze out there...Now with all the visual stuff going on Im really liking it....
Old 08-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #226
N00k
SigMaster

Male

CockyCash: 1952776
N00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to N00k Send a message via Yahoo to N00k

Does anyone have any more information about the rumored Spurrier banner that's supposed to go beneath the new WB sign?

N00k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #227
A. Pilgrim
Two Deep

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by N00k View Post
Does anyone have any more information about the rumored Spurrier banner that's supposed to go beneath the new WB sign?
I doubt anyone is going to know anything more until they actually hang it.
A. Pilgrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #228
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
My tailgate spot is becoming a real showplace.......When they moved me from my corner spot under the marquee sign I wasn't too happy..But after the first game I really liked it because it was sooooo much cooler out on the grass lot and we mostly get a breeze out there...Now with all the visual stuff going on Im really liking it....

Just rub it on in smoovecock lol
Old 08-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #229
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Just rub it on in smoovecock lol
....Cant help it 4Life...Like I said I didn't think I would like were I am at now but over the past 2 years it has been fantastic....and as you can see getting better every day.....I wish they opened the place up for traffic the day before....I would pull in and sleep in my truck the night before the game...
Old 08-19-2014, 01:46 PM   #230
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
....Cant help it 4Life...Like I said I didn't think I would like were I am at now but over the past 2 years it has been fantastic....and as you can see getting better every day.....I wish they opened the place up for traffic the day before....I would pull in and sleep in my truck the night before the game...

Hey, I don't blame you. Now that I know where you will be. I'm coming to get some free food. Haha
Old 08-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #231
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Hey, I don't blame you. Now that I know where you will be. I'm coming to get some free food. Haha
Smoovecock is having an open invite to his tailgate for free food? Count me in!

Smoove this is real nice of you. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!
Old 08-19-2014, 09:12 PM   #232
DorchesterGamecock
Walk On

Male

DorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his clawsDorchesterGamecock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
If that's the case, I'll take it. Seems like the other smaller supports will have pics of other Gamecock greats. By next year it should all come together good.

Just hope it's not only going to be on one side of the stadium.

How would you guys feel about some garnet accent lighting for at night.. It would light up the entire perimeter of the stadium. I think that would be really cool and unique for big night games! Would look great on TV too..

Also, what ever happened to the idea for a victory tower? I thought that was a cool idea. Win a big game and we can light up the victory tower and then you could look down to WillyB from downtown and see the stadium glowing in red. Would be unique.. just a thought..
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #233
cockycrazy2001
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 890
cockycrazy2001 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
How would you guys feel about some garnet accent lighting for at night.. It would light up the entire perimeter of the stadium. I think that would be really cool and unique for big night games! Would look great on TV too..

Also, what ever happened to the idea for a victory tower? I thought that was a cool idea. Win a big game and we can light up the victory tower and then you could look down to WillyB from downtown and see the stadium glowing in red. Would be unique.. just a thought..
What do you mean by the victory tower? I haven't heard any talk about this yet...I also have thought of the idea of garnet lighting, I think it would look good back under the stands in between the smaller supports or on the smaller supports shining on the other gamecock greats.
cockycrazy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:39 PM   #234
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1000001185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post

I think the victory tower was for the baseball stadium. I like the idea of garnet lighting though all around the stadium.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:46 PM   #235
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Default New Sign at Williams Brice

I heard the new banner under the sign will be Spurrier's erect penis.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #236
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Old 08-19-2014, 11:59 PM   #237
cockycrazy2001
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 890
cockycrazy2001 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Well there went this thread lol
cockycrazy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #238
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
The perfect response!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #239
SpurrierBeliever
Walk On

Male

SpurrierBeliever has earned his spursSpurrierBeliever has earned his spursSpurrierBeliever has earned his spursSpurrierBeliever has earned his spursSpurrierBeliever has earned his spursSpurrierBeliever has earned his spurs

Work had begun on the banner installation earlier this morning. I didn't see it, so I can neither confirm nor deny Carolina4Life's suggestion above.
SpurrierBeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #240
N00k
SigMaster

Male

CockyCash: 1952776
N00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to N00k Send a message via Yahoo to N00k

Somebody has to be around the stadium for some pictures.

N00k is offline   Reply With Quote