CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
A. Pilgrim
b381l
gamecockgal
markp_vip
DTGCOCKS#32
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
gadeneer1986
Order 66
B-G
uniforms saturday (1863)
Vandy Fans (1376)
Neat statistic bruhh (1282)
Clemson requires sex (559)
Watch ESPN3 regional (464)
Women of the SEC Ran (421)
Cardinal's Jonathan (382)
King - South Carolin (321)
No Vandy Predictions (257)
tailgating canopy on (218)
Auburn looks beatable
Verne lundquist
**official Vandy predicti
uniforms saturday
Three young corners progr
ESPN reporter adding to t
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
The SEC East schedule fro
King - South Carolina vs

Old 08-19-2014, 12:25 AM   #261
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: Connor Shaw Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Connor Shaw was awesome! Was so proud watching him. He made Hoyer and Manziel look like practice squad QBs. SportsCenter pissed me off though. Talked how Hoyer and Manziel were awful and no one wants the job. Didn't even mention Connor. I know he played late in the game against back up guys but that was a heck of a performance - light years ahead of the top 2. Connor deserves just as much of a chance to win this job considering how poorly Hoyer and Manziel have done.
ESPN doesn't care about what happens late in these games. They are going to talk about the battle for starter not the battle for 3rd string. As much as we want Connor to get some additional air time after a great performance that just wasn't going to happen. Connor was able to show that he has some talent though and that should be big in him making a practice squad either on the Browns or elsewhere.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #262
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

CockyCash: 500
BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

#StartConnorShaw Connor is blowing up twitter right now.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #263
Gamecock John
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Gamecock John has feathers coming inGamecock John has feathers coming in

Connor getting a little credibility http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/ind...60#entry426039
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/ind...61#entry426042
Gamecock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:27 AM   #264
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
ESPN doesn't care about what happens late in these games. They are going to talk about the battle for starter not the battle for 3rd string. As much as we want Connor to get some additional air time after a great performance that just wasn't going to happen. Connor was able to show that he has some talent though and that should be big in him making a practice squad either on the Browns or elsewhere.
Stupid as hell, he deserves a damn shot as the starting QB on the Browns NOW.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:28 AM   #265
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

https://vine.co/v/M3trqWYExJi

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:28 AM   #266
STACT
Walk On

Male

STACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatlighting View Post
A lot of people are discounting what Shaw did tonight because he was playing third stringers. That's a totally fair argument, however, I think it's also fair to ask oneself if Shaw would've done any worse than the other guys.

Again, it's all speculation. He maybe have come out and thrown 3 picks for all anyone knows. At the same time, I have a hard time imagining that he would've looked immensely worse. Then again, I'm a big Shaw fan.
True but at the same same time, I'm sure his O was 2nd or 3rd maybe 4th strong guys, it's pre-season ya know. idk enough about Cleveland to know the depth ... I'm assuming guys that are on the edge of this dozen or so cut coming up.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:31 AM   #267
scbigben28
Walk On

Male

scbigben28 has hatched from the shell

This was at the end of the third quarter tonight. Will any punishment be handed down?
You would never see Shaw doing this!
Attached Images

scbigben28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:33 AM   #268
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

No mention of Shaw on the ESPN recap.

JFFs bird is getting the headlines.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:33 AM   #269
STACT
Walk On

Male

STACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his claws

Disrespectful to the game ... JM needs to humble a bit ...
Old 08-19-2014, 12:36 AM   #270
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Manziel will be fined, just like everyone else who makes an "obscene gesture".
Old 08-19-2014, 12:36 AM   #271
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Correct. However both QBs have sucked. Neither have come close to doing what Connor did at any point in the preseason. I understand blowing this off if the other guys were doing well but neither are better than him so far. They said nobody has played well and wants the job. That isn't true. Hasn't this at least deserved conversation? Why does Manziel automatically get consideration and Connor doesn't? He was just as successful as Manziel and runs well also. Just because you win a Heisman doesn't make you a good nfl QB.

I just don't like him being ignored completely while talking about 2 QBs who have sucked and been absolutely awful at times.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:37 AM   #272
Cocky Mike
4-Star

Male

Cocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming in

All johnny has said is that he still doesn't know the playbook....looks like shaw was studying the play book while Johnny was studying the club
Cocky Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:37 AM   #273
Superadiabatic
Blue Chip

Male

Superadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his comb

Scott Van Pelt: "Connor Shaw ... yada yada stats ... you wanna know who looked good tonight? He looked good."

At least SOMEBODY noticed.

Early and often.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:38 AM   #274
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Look guys, Manziel is getting his shot. You don't draft guys in the first round and sit them. But Shaw earned his stripes tonight and led the 2 minute offense whole taking hardly any 2 minute drill snaps in practice per the announcers.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:39 AM   #275
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

He would get a shot if only he was accurate, could scramble, throw on the run, and run the 2 minute drill...oh wait. #startconnorshaw

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:39 AM   #276
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Theres a twitter account called angry browns fans that are wanting shaw to start lol.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:40 AM   #277
Senior Rooster
Recruit

Male

Senior Rooster has feathers coming inSenior Rooster has feathers coming in

Somebody explain to me why the Sportscenter talking heads are ignoring Connor's
play? Before I go insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:41 AM   #278
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Rooster View Post
Somebody explain to me why the Sportscenter talking keads are ignoring Connor's
play? Before I go insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same reason you get Tiger Woods updates when he's 32nd place in a major. They report for "star status" not just news.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:42 AM   #279
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superadiabatic View Post
Scott Van Pelt: "Connor Shaw ... yada yada stats ... you wanna know who looked good tonight? He looked good."

At least SOMEBODY noticed.
I love Van Peezy!
Old 08-19-2014, 12:42 AM   #280
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Connor makes #7 on espn top 10 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk