CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
B-G
Gamecocks1137
2000grad
Interesting quotes f (2189)
Have you ever been s (1381)
Key for 2015 defense (861)
Tennessee Offense Br (859)
Skai Moore out for U (599)
Women's Team Ranked (552)
This season and recr (466)
Lebron makes Clevela (399)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (265)
For all the uniform (217)
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Brady Hoke Motivational S
Lebron makes Cleveland re
Interesting quotes from D
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Chances we win out now?
Skai Moore out for UT
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw

Old 08-19-2014, 12:43 AM   #281
Superadiabatic
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Superadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his comb
Default Re: Connor Shaw Browns

Number 7 on the SportsCenter Top 10 tonight is our boy's hail mary.

Early and often.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:43 AM   #282
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Look guys, Manziel is getting his shot. You don't draft guys in the first round and sit them. But Shaw earned his stripes tonight and led the 2 minute offense whole taking hardly any 2 minute drill snaps in practice per the announcers.
Plenty of 1st round ABs have been busts (Leaf, Akili Smith). Manziel isn't guaranteed to be good either. We've already seem his immaturity on and off the field and his crappy QB play on the field. Make this wide open and let the best QB get the job. Who cares where he was drafted?
Old 08-19-2014, 12:43 AM   #283
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Same reason you get Tiger Woods updates when he's 32nd place in a major. They report for "star status" not just news.
They report based on what the consumers demand.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:44 AM   #284
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Shaw balls out: no coverage.

JF flips the bird: all of the coverage.

Got it.

I just think people should honestly ask themselves if Manziel would've done what Connor did tonight, even against the third string.

I feel very confident Hoyer wouldn't have. Thigpen would've just thrown a pick or two.

***okay, kudos for the top ten, SportsCenter.

Last edited by eatlighting; 08-19-2014 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Just saw the SC top 10 update!
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:44 AM   #285
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

http://inacrux.com/all/501571851932692480
Old 08-19-2014, 12:45 AM   #286
STACT
Walk On

Male

STACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Theres a twitter account called angry browns fans that are wanting shaw to start lol.
Shawesome gotta look it up loololol
Old 08-19-2014, 12:48 AM   #287
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Plenty of 1st round ABs have been busts (Leaf, Akili Smith). Manziel isn't guaranteed to be good either. We've already seem his immaturity on and off the field and his crappy QB play on the field. Make this wide open and let the best QB get the job. Who cares where he was drafted?
Did you actually read what I said? Never ever said he would be good. In fact, I have said the exact opposite. No one on this board has been tougher on Manziel than me. But he will get playing time, guaranteed, just like Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, etc. The teams care where you are drafted as a qb. 1st round qbs get a chance to prove themselves. Of course Manziel would rather party, but still. I am baffled by your response to my post.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:50 AM   #288
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Classic..Number of people in Columbia, SC that are surprised Connor Shaw outperformed Manziel: 0.
@ggreiner21 50 minutes ago

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:50 AM   #289
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
They report based on what the consumers demand.
Or what they think they demand every now and then.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:57 AM   #290
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

I don't think Shaw should start, but he should definitely get more snaps in the 3rd and 4th preseason game.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:02 AM   #291
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 200
weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

Per Wikipedia lol:

Connor Shaw (born September 19, 1991) is the current starting American football quarterback for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at the University of South Carolina. He was the starter for the Gamecocks from 2011 to 2013.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:02 AM   #292
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Connor came out and pissed excellence tonight.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:03 AM   #293
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

He had a few mentions on sports center.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:03 AM   #294
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Did you actually read what I said? Never ever said he would be good. In fact, I have said the exact opposite. No one on this board has been tougher on Manziel than me. But he will get playing time, guaranteed, just like Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, etc. The teams care where you are drafted as a qb. 1st round qbs get a chance to prove themselves. Of course Manziel would rather party, but still. I am baffled by your response to my post.
My point is that just because he is drafted high doesn't mean he has done enough to earn playing time. His behavior as well as play matters too. Honesty guy wasn't that much better than Shaw. His numbers were better and he was a bit flashier but all the hype doesn't make him worthy to play. Just because a team was dumb enough to draft him in the 1st round doeant mean he gets to play. Even Brown's fans are getting fed up.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:10 AM   #295
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1072
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Very impressive showing. Imagine how much better he would have been with the first team offense.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:19 AM   #296
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Crap I turned off the DVR when I turned it on and saw jf being QB in the 4th I think when was Connor playing?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:20 AM   #297
JohnnyConcrete
Walk On

Male

JohnnyConcrete has feathers coming inJohnnyConcrete has feathers coming inJohnnyConcrete has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock John View Post
I liked this post particularly

Quote:
Shaw was the only QB on the Browns roster that actually played like an NFL QB. Hoyer, who's been practicing with the 1's and should have his timing on routes/throws down, simply couldn't toss an accurate ball to anyone. You can say the same for Manziel, who wouldn't stay in the pocket if you cemented his feet into the ground 7 yards behind Alex Mack.

I'm officially on the Shaw bandwagon. Connor Freakin' Football!
JohnnyConcrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:22 AM   #298
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Where are the Connor Bashers tonight? Hiding like some Damn Taters!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:23 AM   #299
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

I think anyone but a&m fans are tired of manziel
Old 08-19-2014, 01:26 AM   #300
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

https://twitter.com/rockmnation/stat...66530942160896