CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
DTGCOCKS#32
KaneisAble
Pw00132
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
gamecockgal
Ahmad
Cockypantherfan
400 pasing yards (1003)
HBC Weekly Presser (999)
Funny? (975)
Thompson Has Neck In (929)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (564)
What fish do you eat (526)
KY Suspends 4 Player (486)
Clowney didnt get ma (357)
4th & 1 Play (290)
Thompson Has Neck Injury
HBC Weekly Presser
QB Recruiting Strategy
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Thoughts on the basketbal
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
Build a New Stadium
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi

Old 08-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #21
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit
Default Re: Gamecocks 1933 Conference Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
I think this was another step towards the divorce between the ACC and Carolina. They changed and selectively enforced rules to benefit UNC and Duke. We did not want to stand for it, and it came to a head at the beginning of the next decade. We went through the wilderness of independence / Metro conference for a couple of decades and have struggled with self esteem issues in believing in a "Chicken "Curse."

Somehow, we got into the SEC, who treats us as an equal partner. It's up to the next generation of Gamecocks to refuse to let us backslide and to forever put those days and thought behind us. Don't forget how we were treated, just refuse to be treated in such a manner ever again.

Raise your glass with me and give a hearty cheer with the following words:

Screw the ACC
Woohoo I am ready for a 6th straight Tigger bashing now!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:43 PM   #22
GarnetBlackAttack
Recruit

CockyCash: 500
GarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Yes I have found that we bought books and a few meals for 3 players and that got our conference title scrapped? Complete BS there is such double standard in College sports. We won it on the field but we paid for a few guys to eat and read a text book? I say we post the banner and F*** the asheshe. It's not like we bought cars and paid cash money to players.
Can't say that I disagree with anything you stated.
GarnetBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #23
St. Louis Gamecock
Recruit

Male

St. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro Beaver View Post
ACC? Never heard of her*
The ACC? It's the Almost Competitive Conference.
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:49 PM   #24
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetBlackAttack View Post
Can't say that I disagree with anything you stated.
When all this player stipend stuff goes through I say we appeal this ruling because what we did in 1965 is about to become OK. Like it should have been when we did it.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #25
monkey22
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 415
monkey22 has hatched from the shell

I personally would like to see the ACC Championship banner removed from the stadium...not much of an accomplishment if you ask me....definitely not worth bragging about
monkey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #26
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey22 View Post
I personally would like to see the ACC Championship banner removed from the stadium...not much of an accomplishment if you ask me....definitely not worth bragging about
This is a good point also lol

Old 08-18-2014, 07:34 PM   #27
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

That 1933 season also features our lone win over Auburn.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #28
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

I get the argument that Duke was probably the better team in 1933, but we were still undefeated in the SoCon that year, so IMO we should claim that title too. It's no different than Alabama claiming national titles that aren't universally recognized.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:31 AM   #29
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
I get the argument that Duke was probably the better team in 1933, but we were still undefeated in the SoCon that year, so IMO we should claim that title too. It's no different than Alabama claiming national titles that aren't universally recognized.
I completely agree!

Old 08-19-2014, 05:32 AM   #30
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
That 1933 season also features our lone win over Auburn.
Not after this year right?

Old 08-19-2014, 06:09 AM   #31
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

I do feel the 3 Banners that we have rightfully won would look good in the Stadium and would deter a lot of "those" that say we haven't won anything.