CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rioninusc
Regalcock
KaneisAble
PageUSC
QCB
Master Bedroom
markp_vip
taylorssc
doubledribble
kick_ball
Our Defense? (1917)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (757)
Fight, win, kick a-- (708)
CFN prediction for a (659)
MMA: Holeve (Down Sy (473)
This is War (399)
What happened to thi (375)
Ranking Top HC jobs (351)
Why I'm hopeful abou (312)
7 on 7 flag football (287)
In-state QB talent
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Nvidia adds Dynamic Super
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
NFL: TITANS @ REDSKINS Su
7 on 7 flag football bloc
Our Defense?
A simple defensive line &

Old 08-18-2014, 04:57 PM   #121
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014-15 Premier League season

I'm not liking Chelsea's defense. They need to get a lot better.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #122
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

I wonder why I haven't seen many (actually I can't think of any) Spurs fans around Columbia? I go to Cock N Bull almost every weekend for the BPL and I saw a tiny table of Spurs fans but of course you have your Arsenal crowd (Cock N Bull is now their viewing party bar - Official Columbia Gunners bar and I believe they are on arsenal official website). With the similarities I would think more new fans to the BPL would be Spurs fans.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #123
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit

Chelsea are going to be tough to beat.. Fabregas was instrumental in pulling the strings today. Guy is just insanely talented. My prediction was Arsenal to win the league but after today I have to give my nod to Chelsea.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #124
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I'm not liking Chelsea's defense. They need to get a lot better.
That's an area that they may have to sacrifice some in order to attack more. The defense was amazing last year, but they parked the bus a lot more than you would expect from a Champions League team. I wouldn't worry too much though, the talent is there.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #125
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Man U. It's like being a bandwagon Yankees fan yet 10 times more evil. Many people don't know this but the actual owner of the club is Satan.
This! Unless you grew up a Man U fan picking them now is unforgivable...its as simple as that. If you do you have to be ready for constant attack on your character and obvious lack of knowledge related to the game...I'm only sort of kidding.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:10 PM   #126
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
First day of the season and Arsenal are the only home team to win a match.
GUNNERS!!!

Its crazy early but love the win at Emirates!
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:25 PM   #127
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
I wonder why I haven't seen many (actually I can't think of any) Spurs fans around Columbia? I go to Cock N Bull almost every weekend for the BPL and I saw a tiny table of Spurs fans but of course you have your Arsenal crowd (Cock N Bull is now their viewing party bar - Official Columbia Gunners bar and I believe they are on arsenal official website). With the similarities I would think more new fans to the BPL would be Spurs fans.
The SC Spurs group tends to meet at British Bulldog in Cola.
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #128
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
I don't think it's the personnel as much as just needing to give VanGaal some time to get his system in place. He is a proven winner and as much as it pains me to say (as a Liverpool fan) I think he gets things headed in the right direction sooner rather than later. Not that I didn't enjoy the struggles ManU faced last season, but it did take a little of the fire out of the Manchester-Merseyside derbies last year.
I agree with that. I do, however, believe we need some more quality players. The lineup that United is trotting out there right now isn't going to scare anyone. Historically, LvG has started slow in his first year (I believe this is what they said on NBCSN). Could be wrong.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #129
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:

It's b/c Spurs are the Clemson of England. Preseason Champs 50 years running. Terrible awful fans, crap stadium in a crap part of town.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #130
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Looks like Tottenham is putting in a big bid for Schneiderlin .. Makes sense I reckon with Southampton's old manager now there .. However, it looks like we are going to try and sign Alvaro Gonzalez.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #131
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
It's b/c Spurs are the Clemson of England. Preseason Champs 50 years running. Terrible awful fans, crap stadium in a crap part of town.
So who's the South Carolina of England? I've been watching the Premier League for years I'm just bad at making these comparisons, and I'm pretty sure other people have already made them so I'll just ask.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #132
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

If I had to guess I would say Southampton. They produce good players but haven't really had the entire team to start competing until recently. Had a few good years back in the days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #133
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

Quote:
So who's the South Carolina of England? I've been watching the Premier League for years I'm just bad at making these comparisons, and I'm pretty sure other people have already made them so I'll just ask.
Don't listen to Nureye. Just watch the teams and maybe get to know fans through the team's respective subreddits. Nureye just has it out for Spurs. I'm a Tottenham fan and really like the fans and club history (and historical style of okay). Plus, I really like the current players and manager.
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:25 PM   #134
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
Don't listen to Nureye. Just watch the teams and maybe get to know fans through the team's respective subreddits. Nureye just has it out for Spurs. I'm a Tottenham fan and really like the fans and club history (and historical style of okay). Plus, I really like the current players and manager.

Pssssh Spuds haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #135
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

So now with all the Balotelli rumors to Liverpool, what does everyone think about this? I know they are looking for a striking partner with Sturridge but are they really prepared for Balotelli? If this move is made, doesn't look like Lambert is going to get much time.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:27 PM   #136
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
So now with all the Balotelli rumors to Liverpool, what does everyone think about this? I know they are looking for a striking partner with Sturridge but are they really prepared for Balotelli? If this move is made, doesn't look like Lambert is going to get much time.
Personally I think it's a great move considering the options available. Can't go into the season with only Sturridge, Borini, and Lambert as the only out and out strikers. I don't really see this as cutting into Lambert's playing time too much. He was always going to be used as a plan B for games where teams park the bus and a tactic change is needed in the second half, that will still hold true. Hopefully he doesn't become too much of a distraction, but Liverpool has had plenty of practice dealing with headcases with Suarez.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #137
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

For 16 million pounds, it's a steal and worth the risk.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #138
tkousc
4-Star

Male

tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

I wish I owned a Liverpool strip club if Balotelli is coming to town. Balotelli with a kinda rigid and authoritative coach like Brendan Rodgers doesn't seem like a good match but we'll see.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #139
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
I've been a Man Utd "fan" for a little while but I honestly feel like a huge douche for being one and not afraid to admit it. I'd like to actually watch this season and assess the teams and pick one I like that isn't a Big 5 team. Want to grow with a team through the ups and downs. And no I don't care that other people are fans of Big 5 teams but I don't want to be.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #140
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Sell the striker most likely to earn a ban to buy the striker second most likely to earn a ban.

Bold strategy.